• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

klee... I Did It... I Bought 46" SONY Wide-Screen CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BojTrek

Banned
Alright... after months of waiting for the new technology, price drops, new technology again, confusion...

I said screw it... it will be delivered Saturday

I can only get 42-47" screen because my remodelled basement doesn't have much room... everything is brand new in my house now, but the basement is small...

So I decided on the Sony KP46WT510 46' 16:9 Hi-Scan Projection TV

I love the picture on this thing for DVD's and HD-content... It is big enough to enjoy on our couches and not be too big.

I have 36" Sony WEGA upstairs in the front-room and always loved Sony's picture.

What do you think of this beast?

5450442_ra.jpg

bionic77

Damn, that is a sweet deal. I am sort of tempted to rush out and buy one, but I am waiting until I get a house or a larger apartment before I buy a big kickass t.v. (also waiting for a job to supply the money for said t.v.).

How deep is the t.v. though? I don't really care how much it weights, but I do like thin televisions. That is a perfect size too, makes me wonder why I was ever thinking of getting a projection or plasma.

It's projection, so probably not that deep. Projection has it's own set of problems, so to be honest I prefer to stick to direct CRTs, but if you like it, great!

Boj, my ex-gf bought one about two months ago and it's one hell of a TV. Just wait until you see a DVD or HD games on it--fantastic. I played through half of Metroid Prime on that, was blown away (not by Metroid Prime of course). Congrats on a great purchase.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
What do you plan on using for component/optical switching? Your receiver able to do that w/ enough bandwidth for HD/Progressive?

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Awesome Bojtrek...AWESOME...

I am glad you got a TV you enjoy....that is what its all about :)

Yes, the KP46WT510 is a GREAT CRT tv and you got it for a great price too!!!!

This probably sounds corny, but this just puts a big smile on my face :) I am very happy for you!!!!

It'll be great for HD viewing, DVDs and lets not forget...GAMES :D

Yes, its true, I am an advocate for some of the newer TV technologies, but I am glad you got something you can enjoy now that is in your price range....don't ever look back....

I get great joy in helping my fellow gamers be at least aware of (what I feel are )value A/V products and technology that enhance the joy of gaming...and you have just done that!!! :D

Now...about that audio system of yours ;)

BojTrek

Banned
DaCocoBrova Says: What do you plan on using for component/optical switching? Your receiver able to do that w/ enough bandwidth for HD/Progressive?

BojTrek Says: Huh?

I have basic cable right now and will go digital soon... I have X-Box down there... I have a Sony Dream System Home Theater System that will get hooked up with a new Sony VCR...

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
In other words, does your receiver handle video switching? If so, can it handle the bandwidth for HD signals? Most low-end receivers that do handle video switching can do 480p at best, and that's if you're lucky.

If you only have on console, it shouldn't be an issue.

Video and audio switching willmakes sense to you soon.

BojTrek

Banned
Burn-In? Seriously, I play about 3-5 a week... if I am lucky... the rest of the time will be TV and DVD watching.

The Sony Dream System is a gift for the wife and me from the folks 2 years ago for X-Mas... it has 5 CD/DVD, AM/FM tuner, 5.1 Surround sound speakers... I will get the model number when I get home. It was about $500 at the time...

human5892

Queen of Denmark
KLee, when I am finally ready to invest in a new television in a few months, I'll definitely post a thread for you to advise me in. ^_^

BojTrek

Banned
One more day... it will be there tomorrow...

Plus the wife is going to pick up our baby from Michigan and won't be home until Monday night...

That 46 inches of X-Box all weekend... SWEET!

BojTrek

Banned
No she was home-grown... but Grandma took our 11 month old to Michigan for a week to swim and be out in the open... it gave the wife and I a week to go on a few dates and work around the house.

... and buy a new TV...

BojTrek

Banned
klee, it was delivered Saturday and guess what...

IT IS TOO BIG... it sits 27" off the wall and is too close to the couches... it takes up too much space...

I tried to rearrange the couches and it is just too big. The screen size is perfect for the basement, it is just the dimensions of the box sit out too far.

DAMN...

So they are picking up the SONY 46" KP46WT510

and dropping off this...

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&u=c&catoid=-11482&qp=0&oid=91711&m=0

PC.SON.KV27HS420.LT.JPG

I will have to deal with 27" until I can afford the high-end PLASMA 46" to hang on the wall or thinner set... DAMN...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom