• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knights of the Old Republic 2 screens

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
920194_20040714_screen001.jpg

920194_20040714_screen002.jpg

920194_20040714_screen003.jpg

920194_20040714_screen004.jpg

920194_20040714_screen005.jpg

920194_20040714_screen006.jpg

920194_20040714_screen007.jpg

920194_20040714_screen008.jpg

920194_20040714_screen009.jpg

920194_20040714_screen010.jpg

920194_20040714_screen011.jpg

920194_20040714_screen012.jpg

920194_20040714_screen013.jpg

920194_20040714_screen014.jpg

920194_20040714_screen015.jpg

920194_20040714_screen016.jpg

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
cybamerc said:
Looks bloody awful.

Nah, it just looks the same as KOTOR. Which stands to reason, as Obsidian is using the same engine as KOTOR. The most important things about KOTOR2 will be the story and characters -- I wouldn't expect a graphic upgrade.

Buggy Loop

The ex Black isle guys make me a lot more excited for this title than if it would have been bioware. Its gonna rock. I heard the guy who wrote the dialogue for Planescape torment will be doing the same for KOTOR2? If so, interest +1000

nubbe said:
omgz same sprites? milk milk

Hmm you expected that they change EVERYTHING?

Hell, Stormtroopers' look never changed across the trilogy.

why would this be any different.

The environements look more like the original triology than the entire movie prequels did.

Very dark.

Three thumbs UP.

920194_20040714_screen009.jpg

Awesome.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The ex Black isle guys make me a lot more excited for this title than if it would have been bioware. Its gonna rock. I heard the guy who wrote the dialogue for Planescape torment will be doing the same for KOTOR2

And *this* is why KOTOR2 will be better than KOTOR1.

I think it actually looks slightly better than the KOTOR 1 pictures. Have to agree about the bugs, however. I was recently playing (Completed light, was a ways through dark when I got screwed over in 2 different places. Tired of wasting time, I nuked it from the hard drive.) Even still, best RPG ever.

Insertia

Looks like trash.

KOTOR will be nearly 2 years old when this is released. They shouldn't have used the same graphics engine.

The concept enviroment art rocks, though.

calder

Yeah I think it shows some improvements over KOTOR1 too. Nothing huge but who cares.

One thing that does actually disappoint me is that so much of what you see (armor, equip) looks the exact same. I hope have new stuff to buy/pillage/steal/find, half the fun of games like that for me is finding cool new gear. If it's mostly the same stuff from KOTOR that's a bit of a letdown.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
There's something about these screens I really don't like. I just can't tell what it is. I thought it was maybe the art or the style, until I saw the concept art and that looks great. So why doesn't the game?

I don't know what the hell it is, I had no problem with KOTOR's graphics and this looks about the same.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
They said at E3 that the Sith costumes from the first game were just place holders and wouldnt be in the final version, you can see some of them have been replaced already, those black suited guys look cool...

Oh and the update to www.swkotor.com has happened, his picture has already been posted, but meet Darth Sion

sion.jpg

Description:
Darth Sion
A twisted wreck, Darth Sion is a Sith Lord held together only by sheer force of will. Every bone in his body has been shattered and rebuilt, turning his skeleton and his flesh into a patchwork mass of bruises and scraping bone. He is in constant pain, and only his hatred and the power of the Dark Side keeps him alive.

silenttwn

The problem IMO with the sequel is the character designs. KOTOR 1's had AMAZING character designs, these are kinda meh and generic.

Gattsu25

Banned
I'm not familiar with Chris Avellone's work...that is to say, if I have played games that he worked on, I didn't know he was involved :b

But Tre` is right...you guys really need to stop with this bullshit...some genres greatly benefit from advanced graphics but RPGs are one of the few that honestly don't need them as much as others...some of the best games in this genre aren't even 3D so just be glad that a new game (that is sure to be great) is being made or reconsider why you play RPGs

"I'm not familiar with Chris Avellone's work...that is to say, if I have played games that he worked on, I didn't know he was involved :b"

He's ex-Black Isle Studios, as is Feargus Urquhart, Chris Parker and a host of other Obsidian Studio talent. AKA, these people made Planescape Torment. *respect*

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I played the original for 2 hours on the PC.

Ran laggy. Both in video and controls/gameplay. I found it very boring, and just quit.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Gattsu25 said:
Thank God that graphic whores get to miss out on great games because of how shallow their tastes are
Where did I say that I was commenting on the graphics? The art is an insult to the franchise. Even more so than the first game.

Well, when you make a blanket vague statement like, 'Looks bloody awful,' you shouldn't be surprised. And how does this game look significantly different than any other Star Wars-related game? This game's look fits well, given that this is relatively virgin territory for the universe in video games and otherwise -- the distant past. Add to this that the game isn't done.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
silenttwn said:
The problem IMO with the sequel is the character designs. KOTOR 1's had AMAZING character designs, these are kinda meh and generic.

They've only released designs for 2 characters so far, so id like to know what you are referring to.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Well, it looks slightly better than that Phantom Menace game released back in 1999...

FightyF

Banned
Where did I say that I was commenting on the graphics? The art is an insult to the franchise. Even more so than the first game.

I'm a proud graphics whore, and I disagree. Artistically, this game breathed new life and creativity into the franchise (when it came to elements that weren't directly ripped out of the Universe).

When talking about the graphics on a technical level...I'd agree that it could look much much better. The poly count and texture quality are low by Xbox standards, it looks like a PS2 game.

Even the first game had some priorities screwed up when it came to the visuals.

Man, I can't wait til KOTOR2 comes out and is ten times better than KOTOR1, and all you haters are "omg KOTOR2 is so good, I never expected it," and everyone who has an ounce of sense and has paid ANY attention to Obsidian's talent pool can be:

DUH.

EekTheKat

I'm impressed they managed to get Jedi robes in that look like the movie robes.

They weren't able to really do that at all + make it look good in the first game apparently. These look pretty good in screenshots relatively speaking.

How the robes will move in motion is a whole other problem though.

Top Bottom