• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Heritage Pack Revealed: Physical Collection of Seven Star Wars Games on Switch, 5 Available on Cartridge, 2 as Downloads

Aspyr announced they have partnered with Lucasfilm Games to release the Star Wars Heritage Pack physically on Nintendo Switch. The collection release will be available on December 8, 2023.

This collection includes:

• STAR WARS: The Force Unleashed
  • STAR WARS: Republic Commando
  • STAR WARS: Episode I Racer
  • STAR WARS: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  • STAR WARS: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
  • STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic
  • STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic II
VGP0018809_750x750.png

However, it has been confirmed that Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 will be a digital download only. The other games are included on the cartridge. Further, the game will also be available digitally. The pricing is set at $59.99.

Each of the games in the collection is available as standalone releases, but this brings all the titles to one collection. The Switch is the only platform that this has been announced for.

More details from the VGP listing that went up a short while ago:
  • The following games are included in the cartridge:
    • STAR WARS™ Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (3.6 GB)
    • STAR WARS™ Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (1.1 GB)
    • STAR WARS™ Episode I Racer (254 MB)
    • STAR WARS™ Republic Commando™ (2.5 GB)
    • STAR WARS™: The Force Unleashed™ (3.4 GB)
  • The following games are not included in the cartridge, and will require a download and either memory on the console or in a SD card:
    • STAR WARS™: Knights of the Old Republic™(12.1 GB)
    • STAR WARS™: Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords(15.9 GB)

Personally I think I'll be grabbing this one first thing I can. Sucks that KOTOR I & II are not on the cart, but I'm not paying those insane prices to get them separately. This is more than good enough for me.

Last edited:
Star Wars: Starfighter
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 2
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3
Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith PS2/Xbox

4ttkdu.jpg

This is still fantastic news though.

I would get this for KOTOR 1 and 2 but of course you have to download those and I won't be able to do that.

Also why are the file sizes for those two games so huge? I don't remember ever them being so huge when I had to download them on PC.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Star Wars: Starfighter
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 2
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3
Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith PS2/Xbox

4ttkdu.jpg

This is still fantastic news though.
Lucasarts/Factor 5 made a Rogue Squadron collection for Xbox which was never released. They should resurrect that and release it.

StereoVsn

"
The following games are not included in the cartridge, and will require a download and either memory on the console or in a SD card:
  • STAR WARS™: Knights of the Old Republic™(12.1 GB)
  • STAR WARS™: Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords(15.9 GB)
"

Yeah, and I am out. I get why they did this, but meh no point, especially with Kotor 2 not getting the mod.

CamHostage

Excited The Child GIF by Disney+

Force unleashed! Let's goooooooo
FYI, it's the Wii version remastered, not the original LucasArts release.

(Although personally, I find this version way more playable and enjoyable. LucasArts had some cool tech and his storytelling in those PS360 games, but Krome actually made the gameplay good. )

weird that force unleased 2 is not included

Not reissued on Switch yet, so not included. This is just a repackage of games re-licensed by Aspyr.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

This feels like a, "Hey guys we're sorry, here's this!" to me. I mean, cool to have them on the Switch and portable. But it's also just a.... weird selection to me, lol.

I would get this for KOTOR 1 and 2 but of course you have to download those and I won't be able to do that.

Also why are the file sizes for those two games so huge? I don't remember ever them being so huge when I had to download them on PC.
Yeah, that really sucks, and is kind of strange. I'm sure there's some reason for it. I'm pretty sure KOTOR was <5 GBs, and KOTOR II was 10ish on PC? Regardless, I think a lot of people would be hyped to just have KOTOR / KOTOR 2 on one cart.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Sigh... no one has any love for The Force Unleashed II, lol.

I know, I know, it was half assed as hell. But honestly, it was still a pretty decent 5 dollar game.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Still no OG Battlefront 1 or 2 with online :messenger_persevering: I’d pay £30 for a straight up port of BF2.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Still no OG Battlefront 1 or 2 with online :messenger_persevering: I’d pay £30 for a straight up port of BF2.

If they didn't do a Switch version of like "Battlefront Classic" in the early days of the platform (which could have also timed well with the PS4/XB1 versions), then I'm afraid they just never will.

Too bad, even if for some reason the 1/2 code had port troubles without Pandemic documentation, Aspyr could have gotten Rebellion to port/enhance their PSP games (which btw would be as close to BF3 as we'd ever get via Elite Squadron.)

I'm not sure how well Aspyr could have supported an online game either way.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Just a thought, doesn't anybody think it's a bit odd that the KOTOR remake (if it ever sees the light of day) is coming to PS5, but the PS5 still doesn't have ports of the original two games?

Anyway, great package. Would have been even better if they ported Galactic Battlegrounds as well.

Hudo

Star Wars: Jedi Knight II > Star Wars: Jedi Knight III >>>>> Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order > Star Wars: Jedi - Survivor.

I want a new Jedi Knight, damnit.

kunonabi

Not really the collection of star wars games I want on a Nintendo console.

Now if this was the rogue squadron games, Shadows of the Empire, episode 1 racer, Clone wars, bounty hunter, and the "Super" games that would be another story.

Top Bottom