• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami is "potentially porting" the Silent Hill series to current-gen consoles

Everyone wanted Konami to return to the video game industry, but that monkey's paw did some work. They recognize the old games in their successful IPs are worth money, but they want to maximize profit and are doing as little as possible to cash in on them. Trash company and I have zero confidence in anything new they are making. They will need to go above and beyond to earn back any goodwill from gamers.

People who buy these are responsible for the lack of backwards compatibility.
See Ya Reaction GIF by WWE
200.webp

The alternative is to sit and wait for nothing while also getting nothing.

Last edited:
Honestly just a straight 1:1 port of 1-4 is all I want. Yes, I want Silent Hill 1 to look just as ass-ugly as it did on the PS1 in all its glory, it's gaming history.

Editaur

Hopefully they use retail disc this time instead of an old PC build.

I'm sure Konami learned a some lessons from the previous.................Fuck it.

Vick

What an absolute dream would be to witness Konami emulating CDPR approach with The Witcher 3 Next-Gen and make competent and tasteful modding official.

This is now the best way to play SH2, and especially after seeing Bloober effort it's likely forever going to be. Having it on physical format for eternal preservation enriched by amenities like Trophies/Achievements and DualSense features..

Baby One More Time Dancing GIF by Britney Spears

Then, Konami grants these guys complete access to Team Silent archives and provides them with adequate compensation for the handling of SH3 and The Room..

200.gif

Apocryphon

What I wouldn’t give for REmake quality remakes of the first 3 Silent Hill games 🥵

Unfortunately Konami has gone to shit in this timeline and we’ll get the jank we are given.

SH4 will be included, but it'll be the PC port with all the cut content. As for the others? Watch it be a port of the OG HD series. Pre patch.

Killer8

If Hexadrive is involved then this will be awesome. Their work saving the Zone of the Enders 2 HD remaster on PS3, and Okami HD, was incredible.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I'm so glad I rebought all these SH titles when they were cheap. I'd be down for current gen ports but man, never sell or trade in your games or consoles, you will 100% regret it at some point.

CGNoire

I'm so glad I rebought all these SH titles when they were cheap. I'd be down for current gen ports but man, never sell or trade in your games or consoles, you will 100% regret it at some point.

Got every system Ive ever owned still.
Still got my original Nes, Genesis, PS1 (og edition), PS2, 360, PS3, PS4 Pro, etc... never will I part.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Remember the HD ports on PS360? That was when Konami still did great stuff, and they fucked anyways

Top Bottom