• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami's Ninja Five-0(Ninja Cop) getting another release on PS5,PS4, and Switch

00_Zer0

The Gameboy action game Ninja Five-0 (Ninja Cop) is getting released digitally on PS5, PS4, and Switch. It will be ported using LRG Carbon Engine. Physical will be available through Limited Run Games.

I will be skipping the physical release, but I loved this game back in the day. I sold it off before it was scarce and now legit copies sell for hundreds of dollars. Only gripe I have of the game is the small player sprites. You also have to wonder what kind of filter options this will have playing it on a big screen TV, because unfiltered GBA games don't look so hot on the big screen.

Edit-The original article on Gematsu was updated to include a PC release (Steam) for this game.

Last edited:

00_Zer0

Just found this out…and NOT A SINGLE REPLY in this thread??

I’ll chalk it up to not many people playing it or even knowing about it. But it should be on your radar if you like old school Ninja games.
Thanks for posting this. When I first made the thread you couldn't wish list it on Steam yet...and wish listed!

CamHostage

Always wanted to try this, but I remember it being in short supply on GBA. Sort of a Shinobi-esque action sidescroller/platformer.

Interesting that Konami dug it out of the archives (there are a ton of GBA games I'd think they'd bring back before Ninja Five-0...) but I hope it works out well as this was a cool, under-played game.

Top Bottom