• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Felix the Cat & Rocket Knight re-release collections coming to Switch and PlayStation via Limited Run Games

Konami, which is digging into its back catalog in a major way in 2024, is reissuing a handful of classic platformers from the 8-bit and 16-bit eras with the help of Limited Run Games. Two collections, one focused on Felix the Cat and another on Rocket Knight, will arrive this year on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch.

The Felix the Cat collection will include the eponymous NES and Game Boy games released by Hudson Soft in 1992 and 1993, respectively. Felix the Cat for NES was released late in that console’s lifespan, and now commands a relatively high price — around $300 for a complete copy, according to price-tracking website Price Charting. The Game Boy version has gone for twice that amount.
Felix’s side-scrolling platformers will be released digitally by Konami and in physical form by Limited Run Games. The two 8-bit era games will run on Limited Run’s Carbon Engine, and feature save states and “other quality-of-life fixes,” Konami said in a news release.

Konami and Limited Run will also release the Rocket Knight Adventures: Re-Sparked collection together, which will include Rocket Knight Adventures (Sega Genesis), Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2 (Sega Genesis), and Sparkster (Super NES). The Re-Sparked collection promises a new animated intro, rewind features, a boss rush mode, and a museum featuring never-before-seen content, Konami said. Similar to the Felix the Cat collection, the Rocket Knight collection will be released for PS4, PS5, and Switch.
More Carbon Engine re-releases are planned, Konami said. Another collection will be announced on Feb. 24.

Pre-orders for Limited Run Games’ physical editions of Felix the Cat will begin on Feb. 9 and run through March 10. Pre-orders for Rocket Knight Adventures: Re-Sparked open on Jan. 19 and end March 3. Here’s everything included in the various physical versions available, via Konami:

FELIX THE CAT COLLECTION

Standard Edition (Switch, PS4 & PS5):

• Physical copy of Felix the Cat bundle featuring the 1992 NES title and 1993 Game Boy title of the same name
Classic Edition (Switch, PS4 & PS5):

• Physical copy of the Felix the Cat bundle featuring the 1992 NES title and 1993 Game Boy title of the same name
  • Physical CD soundtrack featuring original music from the Felix the Cat titles
  • Reversible poster
  • Packaging inspired by the original Felix the Cat NES release box

ROCKET KNIGHT ADVENTURES: RE-SPARKED COLLECTION

Standard Edition (Switch, PS4 & PS5):

• Physical copy of Rocket Knight Adventures: Re-Sparked, which includes three Rocket Knight titles in one collection
  • Reversible cover
  • Mini-Comic

• Physical copy of Rocket Knight Adventures: Re-Sparked, which includes three Rocket Knight titles in one collection
  • Physical CD soundtrack featuring original music from Rocket Knight titles
  • Reversible poster
  • SteelBook
  • Retro-inspired clamshell packaging with reversible cover art

• Physical CD soundtrack featuring original music from Rocket Knight titles
  • Reversible poster
  • SteelBook
  • Retro-inspired clamshell packaging with reversible cover art
  • Sparkster statuette
  • Full-sized comic
  • Design document collection
  • Mini cartridge display case
  • Certificate of authenticity
image.png

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
Rocket Knight adventures on Genesis was a masterpiece and sparkster was the coolest hero ever. Him and Axel Stone. Being Segasexual in the 90s was the greatest thing 😎

Miles708

Am i out of the loop? Why this sentiment towards LRG?
i bought 3 or 4 games in the past and they always delivered.

Impotaku

Outside of their firing innocent people fuckery i think lrg have lost their way with what the original intention was. Freeing games from been trapped as digital only titles, instead they are finding as much shovelware that has a cheap license to buy up and re-releasing it. Do below average games that aready had their time on a regular retail release really need another printing? So far had absolute shit like 3 stooges, plumbers dont wear ties, bill & ted collection along with many others that are been given attention yet loads of digital only indies are left to rot while shovelware like this is the stuff been chosen.

Least with stuff like trip world & gimmick there was a good reason with both the originals been extremely expensive but really who the fuck is clamouring for trash like 3 stooges. Even going back on topic is anyone really tripping over themselves to grab a whole 2 felix games on a switch cart for what most likely will be their $30-$40 price tag.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

The physical edition of Rocket Knight looks tempting since I love Rocket Knight, but I'll probably just go with the digital edition here, since LRG is expensive and a fucking nightmare to order from outside the US.

Not surprising since they did physical versions of previous Konami Collections, still sucks though. Happy Rocket Knight is finally getting a collection regardless though, will pick up a digital copy on Playstation.

With Mystic Warriors getting a arcade archives release a few weeks ago on Playstation and Switch, Goemon is left..........

Last edited:

AREYOUOKAY?

Alright this is worth it considering the current prices. It's like $400 or more if you're after the actual Sparkster cartridges.

It's too bad Konami is ashamed / embarassed to include the XBLA, PSN, PC Rocket Knight game as well.

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Am i out of the loop? Why this sentiment towards LRG?
i bought 3 or 4 games in the past and they always delivered.
They fail to deliver on time, often times provide shoddy releases with piss poor quality assurance/control, and they fired their community manager because a pedo dug into her Twitter history after she dared to say she was excited for Hogwarts Legacy and found she followed people on Twitter that offended them.

Last edited:

Miles708

They fail to deliver on time, often times provide shoddy releases with piss poor quality assurance/control, and they fired their community manager because a pedo dug into her Twitter history after she dared to say she was excited for Hogwarts Legacy and found she followed people on Twitter that offended them.
Oh.
I don't follow Twitter drama, it sucks but (to be brutally honest) i don't really care that much. People and companies overreacting over Twitter is something we should move on from, once and for all.

All the games i bought have arrived in working order and, crucially, all the games had all patches and content on disc. That's what i value and that's what i want.

PanzerCute

Rocket Knight Adventure was one of the best games on Megadrive to me. I will buy it again digitally and try to finish it for the first time (that game was brutally hard in my memories)

Top Bottom