• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: GTA 6 Production Reportedly Falling Behind, Rockstar Urges Staff To Return To Office To Avoid Delay

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
The Pro might not even launch until February or March due to lack of software to drive it. A $600+ console is not going to move that fast. The first couple years of the PS4 Pro only saw it moving 2-3 million units. It didn't pick up until the end of the lifecycle.
They have contracts already with the factories to make them they are not gonna waste money by having them stored in a warehouse till some decides to launch it with a game they think will show it off

They have contracts already with the factories to make them they are not gonna waste money by having them stored in a warehouse till some decides to launch it with a game they think will show it off
This sounds eerily similar to the total debacle that was PS VR2. The demand for a PS5 Pro doesn't really seem to be there, compared to all the buzz about a Pro version of PS4. Sony might be finding themselves stuck with this $600 console that no one asked for. And that's a disaster. Especially when the general consensus seems to be that PS5 hasn't yet been completely maxed out yet. It's been such a slow generation to even produce any native current-gen games built from scratch. I feel like 4 years in we're still in Phase 1.

Last edited:

SHA

Jesus! I wanna build my dream rig, I know specs are gonna be messy with GTA, the elder scrolls release, I don't trust Nvidia or anyone, these games gonna crush the market and that's inevitable, hopefully that doesn't affect the pc release.

Last edited:

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Translation:
"Come work in the office so we can make you feel bad for leaving after 8 hours and low key force you to work 12 hour days to get this game out on time"
Counter-Translation:
"We are asking you to come back to full time working in the office, which is/was the job before the pandemic, and now it's time to return to normal because productivity is objectively worse when you aren't working as an actual team. If you would rather not work for us, by all means, keep 'demanding' that you just 'wont' because 'you like it better'".

You hire people to do a job, it's not providing their work/life balance: that's purely on them lol.

Shodai

This sounds eerily similar to the total debacle that was PS VR2. The demand for a PS5 Pro doesn't really seem to be there, compared to all the buzz about a Pro version of PS4. Sony might be finding themselves stuck with this $600 console that no one asked for. And that's a disaster. Especially when the general consensus seems to be that PS5 hasn't yet been completely maxed out yet. It's been such a slow generation to even produce any native current-gen games built from scratch. I feel like 4 years in we're still in Phase 1.
It hasn't even been announced yet, lol.

Hudo

1. A Rockstar game getting a delay? I am shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you!
2. Return to office won't do shit, lmao. If Rockstar already see that this thing is "falling behind" then it's already too late. It's already behind.

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Counter-Translation:
"We are asking you to come back to full time working in the office, which is/was the job before the pandemic, and now it's time to return to normal because productivity is objectively worse when you aren't working as an actual team. If you would rather not work for us, by all means, keep 'demanding' that you just 'wont' because 'you like it better'".

You hire people to do a job, it's not providing their work/life balance: that's purely on them lol.
No company has gone public with any data that shows this to be objectively true. This is a quote from an Amazon exec last fall:

Mike Hopkins, senior vice president of Prime Video and Amazon Studios, reportedly told members in an internal meeting that when it comes to returning to the office, “it’s time to disagree and commit. We’re here, we’re back—it’s working,” he said. “I don’t have data to back it up, but I know it’s better.”

If Amazon doesn't have the data backing up this position, I doubt anyone else does. Otherwise they'd have shared it as part of their public push to get people back in the office.

It hasn't even been announced yet, lol.
So what? Are people desperate for Sony to announce one? Do you see any buzz for one? All I see are crickets. Even devs don’t seem very enthused. People have short memories, PS VR 2 was defended to the death on here and elsewhere by the diehards and that thing doesn’t sell at all and most of us knew it way before launch.

Last edited:
Rockstar already debunked this thread.

Kotaku is *complete* garbage since everyone left a few years ago BUT, in all fairness, like… Come on, big devs and publishers aren’t publicly gonna be like “you know, you’re totally right like we are super behind, you guys. Not sure when it’s gonna be ready 🤷‍♂️”.

So it doesn’t matter what Rockstar or T2 publicly say. It’s a publicly-traded company.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I’m still absolutely expecting a delay. There’s no way it’s coming out this next year.

This way I won’t be disappointed when it gets delayed, and if it doesn’t get delayed then I’ll be ecstatic. Win win!

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

omg rockstar i cant even. literally shaking rn at the thought of my marginalized allys being stripped of their voice to be forced into the boys club office. if this goes ahead i will boycott all rockstar games. (1/2)

(2/2)fear not devs, we will always be an ally and we will be lungs for your voice to scream louder than the rich white male assholes who make decisions on your marginalized life

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Get back in the office and crunch you cunts.
😂, they are still peddling this BS that hybrid or remote is this big issue in productivity?

Just notice that f-all is done in companies about horrible internal processes and just about anything that is a productivity well that employees hate, but boy find anything employees enjoy and something must be done. It is as if companies are suspicious of employees being happy about anything 😂.

Last edited:

TVexperto

I’m still absolutely expecting a delay. There’s no way it’s coming out this year.

This way I won’t be disappointed when it gets delayed, and if it doesn’t get delayed then I’ll be ecstatic. Win win!
it was never supposed to release this year. the first trailer even mentioned 2025.

They have to time the release for about 6 months before the next gen consoles - that way they can sell the game full price twice in a year (releasing a PS6 GOTY edition).

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
People need their time off. WFH is the perfect solution. No one really 'works' from home. Get to the office and actually work you lazy, spoiled, entitled, slackers.

Top Bottom