• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Persona 3 Reload Does Away With The Original’s Transphobia

Krathoon

What they did is that they changed the woman to be some kind of conspiracy nut that weirds them out.

Because it is totally ok to discriminate against crazy people.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Sometimes as an underrepresented white male, I really wish I had the attention grabbing voice and influential shrieking of these people.

I, too, would use this amplified and disproportionate influence to get video game developers to change certain things instead of using it for something so trivial and unimportant.

Boss Mog

I don't know where this goes, so enjoy (or don't).

N68xFAh.jpg
The sad part is that this isn't a parody at all, it's the 100% truth. In fact reality is far worse than this. It's sad that Japanese devs are now giving in to the woke mob as well.

wa600

There's three things at play here: first - yes, it's a joke at the expense of a trans character aka dude looks like a lady syndrome, but there's also the ethical question of honesty in how that character presents themself. The far more severe thing is what's already been mentioned of her(?) being a sexual predator soliciting minors. One is fine to make a joke about while the other isn't.

Yet no one asked for a removement of Kawakami in P5 as a romantic interest. Sure, you can argue that the initiative comes from Joker, but as a teacher she is in a position of power, which is way worse. Doesnt help that it heavily clashes with her storyline, since like two rank ups ago her resolve was to become a good teacher only to start a relationship with her student shorly after.
While some people might not have liked that, I've never seen any outrage like whith the gay couple hitting on Ryuji.

There also isnt any information on how old the NPC was in P3 other than the name 'Beautiful Lady'. Could be 18 or 19 for all we know since her npc sprite doesnt look any different than the other girls they are hitting on. I dont see much wrong in an 18 year old person hitting on a group of 16-17 year olds. Akihiko even canonically turns 18 during P3.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I mean....if I was picking up a hot chick and realized 'she' had a dick....I'd run away as well. I don't think that's transphobia, that is misrepresentation and devious.

Top Bottom