• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Krampus (2015) Was Great

The 2015 Krampus movie has become one of my favorite Christmas movies of all time.

They're playing it on the Syfy channel right now and I own it on Vudu.

What's especially great is that it's a horror movie but also a fairy tale and just a load of fun. I would say it's more fun than scary which is great.

On top of that, most of the effects are practical. The gingerbread men are CGI which is understandable but almost all the other demons are actual puppets or costume or some kind of practical effect.

There's a lot of Krampus movies I guess but for those who haven't seen the 2015 movie I would highly recommend it. It's become one of my favorite Christmas movies of all time.

Last edited:
The image of Krampus bounding over the rooftops is great but otherwise the film didn't leave much of an impression, especially compared to Trick R'Treat which managed to fully capture the jolly horror fairytale vibe. Can't help but feel a lot of characters were miscast and the actors failed to bring a level of camp that would have made it more memorable.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Fun movie for sure in its own very weird way, but idk about "great".

Dark Star

I saw it once, around this time last year. I remember enjoying it, and I found it to be well produced. It has great snow/winter/Christmas vibes, and Krampus looks badass. I don’t really have anything to say about the actors/cast, they did OK, just wanted all of them to get crushed by Krampus lol

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Krampus was great movie and pleasant surprise in the oversaturated genre of horror. It blends comedy with some genuine scares, has some solid practical effects with an overall good cast of characters. The Christmas setting makes it ideal for yearly repeat viewings when the holidays arrive. Don't sleep on this gem.

Doom85

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

WoJ

My wife and I saw this in the theater and burst out laughing when David Koechner was being attacked by a gingerbread man in the kitchen. When she started laughing it was like the whole crowd realized that there were comedic elements to this movie and it was okay to laugh. By the end everyone in the theater was laughing at the absurdity. Great film.

My wife and I saw this in the theater and burst out laughing when David Koechner was being attacked by a gingerbread man in the kitchen. When she started laughing it was like the whole crowd realized that there were comedic elements to this movie and it was okay to laugh. By the end everyone in the theater was laughing at the absurdity. Great film.
It's a horror movie you can take the whole family to see because it's not something to take seriously. It's fun and funny and a great addition to holiday movies.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I remember this movie. It was good! I THINK it has a sad ending... Or maybe I'm thinking of a different Krampus movie?

I’ll have to rewatch it. Went to see it in the theater and remember liking parts of it. The opening sequence really nailed BF shopping in the U.S. from 10 years ago!

I remember this movie. It was good! I THINK it has a sad ending... Or maybe I'm thinking of a different Krampus movie?
It ends where they think everything is okay and they defeated Krampus but then they realize they didn't and our trapped. We see the camera pan out and they are in a snow globe with tons of other snow globes inside Krampus' workshop in Hell.

Last edited:

Doom85

It ends where they think everything is okay and they defeated Krampus but then they realize they didn't and our trapped. We see the camera pan out and they are in a snow globe with tons of other snow globes inside Krampus' workshop in Hell.

Actually…

There are two major interpretations to the ending. One is the above, the other is that they’re back home but Krampus will always be watching them should they misbehave again. While I don’t believe the director or writer have confirmed which is the intended ending, it’s worth noting that the prequel comic book goes with the “Krampus watches families he spared from his workshop“ version. I prefer that version too, it works better with the theme of the importance of valuing your family if the cast learned this lesson and it meant something, rather than just a dark twist ending purely to be mean-spirited. Also, as we saw, Krampus spared Omi as a child, so sparing people isn’t out of character for him.

Top Bottom