• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady Gaga to star in Bradley Cooper's "A Star is Born."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the title says.

The update her is they tested and the studio loved the results. I can tell you reliably that she was the one actress he went to, after things didn’t work out with Beyonce, and they sparked to one another. Negotiations are expected to happen shortly on a pic that Cooper is producing with Todd Phillips through their Joint Effort banner, and Bill Gerber, who has been working on this remake for a long time. A Star Is Born marks Cooper’s directorial debut at Warner Bros.
Beyonce was once circling the ingénue (played by Barbra Streisand last time around), but that cooled. That opens the door for Lady Gaga, whose participation guarantees a killer soundtrack and who won a Golden Globe acting in front of a camera in Ryan Murphy’s American Horror Story series. So just watch these two turn up together here and there as Cooper gets serious about making this film. He’s got offers in other places to make his directing debut, and it’s a priority for him after learning a lot at the side of Clint Eastwood in the making of American Sniper. Cooper produced that film, which was brought in at a reasonable budget. A Star Is Born will probably cost $30 million.

R.I.P. Lady Gaga's music career. Here's hoping both Cooper and Gaga do a good job. I can't really speak to her acting ability considering I never bothered to see her role in AHS, but a Golden Globe win couldn't mean it was awful, right? She's already halfway to an EGOT, so maybe Cooper can get her a little bit closer.

5ZqrMHPl.gif

Seriously, I am all in for the Gaga soundtrack.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Same thing that makes actors cross over into directing, I suppose.

That's part of the same medium at least, though.

Mos Def
LL Cool J
Justin Timberlake
Jared Leto
Mark Wahlberg

Lady Gaga
Beyonce
Jennifer Hudson
Jennifer Lopez

Dudes are winning according to my brain rn

Madonna, Shakira, Taylor Swift, Brittany Murphy?

I do admit though, that more male singers have made a similar transition than I initially remembered.

Akahige

Cooper directing, huh, well good for him. He has a great natural talent as an actor, I hope it translates to his directing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom