• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leak - Zen 5 is now in mass production, release in late 2024

SNG32

Current consoles will be 3 generations behind when Zen5 ships and we are expected to be relying on Zen2 in the current boxes for at least another 3 years!

The 7-8 year cycle is simply not good enough and it’s holding back game development.
To the average consume it doesn't matter as long as the game is new and on a PS5 that's all that matters. The one's who care about graphics and all that will move accordingly. The problem is that alot of these gpu's will never be pushed to the limits because console will always be the lowest common denominator.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Nice. I'm looking into building an am5 rig right now. 7800x3d seems like a perfect sweet spot and should hold up for quite a while.

DaGwaphics

Hopefully they don't increase the pricing too much. For people that like to keep their CPUs for a long time, it might be worth waiting on these to get the AI functionality (assuming that it becomes a requirement for modern OSs at some point).

same here... my 3700x is bad
Heck I'm still on 2700X
5800X3D was on sale a million times in 2023, what have you been waiting for??
Was busy digging myself out of the overdraft and credit payments. So had to skip those sales. Plus they don't seem to be as good as the one sale where they were like £180 or something stupid. I think it was around beginning of 2023

Last edited:
Top Bottom