• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's see your Steam Library collections!

arcRIHA.png

Blurred the games I've worked on section for NDA and ID reasons.

RemedyCRD

Neo Member
i have 1300 games that are unsorted, i dunno where to begin

does the dynamic collection thing work well?
For those of us with huge libraries it's a total game changer. Especially for games we've added to our library and never played (Humble Bundles and shit like that).

Let's say I'm in my lounge room and feel like playing a tower defence game I haven't played before, then I'll just check 'controller support', 'tower defence', 'unplayed' and boom. Off I go.

tend to keep mine pretty simple

TessozG.png

Cara Mia Addio just means "goodbye my dear" and refers to games that I've essentially done everything in, all achievements, w.e

Endless Value and multiplayer could be merged but endless value tends to be 4x type games or single player games like Binding of Issac.

Shifty

Ooh, the beta client doesn't have fugly borders on the left and right anymore. That alone makes it worth the upgrade, though some of the animations are a bit choppy.

As for the topic at hand, you want categorization? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE CATEGORIZATION.

collections.png

Probably needs a bit of a clean up really. The emulation stuff is very messy at present.

I love that you have an 'Action Dan' collection as well. The shoe fits :messenger_winking:

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Z148riV.png

I seem to have a few hundred more that are presently uncategorized. I generally only ever look at installed games so it's been a while since I last updated. With the new dynamic features, I might well reset a lot of the categories similar as to how I bundled the VR stuff together.

There are 4.2k games in my library. Any attempts to organize it have met with failure, especially with the old system.
New Steam library is pretty intuitive, just gotta work up courage to grapple with it.

I believe in you

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Perks of a long tenure on a digital platform- nothing gets lost or traded away.
Yea I just got into gaming about a year ago when I built my first pc. I think I may have only like 20 to 25 games so far. I feel like I might be missing out on something.

It's starting to become more apparent why people are pissed at epic.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
also there was a golden era of steam sales you might've missed, we're talking like 80% off nearly everything

then the humble bundle (indie bundle) train started
yea I have been subscribed to humble bundle for roughly a year as well. So yea my library grows every month. It's awesome. I have a lot of keys i still need to redeem.

Last edited:

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
I don't have time to go through and sort all my library crap.

Account 1
IiTOP7T.png

Account 2
ywqriD4.png

Account 3
IR9npit.png

yeah.

Kadayi

Banned
Yea I just got into gaming about a year ago when I built my first pc. I think I may have only like 20 to 25 games so far. I feel like I might be missing out on something.

I'll be honest, I'd say just buy games you actually intend to play. As Tesseract Tesseract mentioned back in the early days there some insane steam sales in terms of discounts and there was a lot of FOMO of 'I better buy this before it goes' without necessarily thinking 'do I really need this in my life?'. Case in point I have a category for Driving games. I don't why I have 8 driving games in my Steam account. I hate driving in real life and have never yet felt the urge to play any of them... :messenger_dizzy:. Nowadays at least with my purchases, there is the intention of playing them, even if my eyes are still bigger than my plate :messenger_grinning_squinting:

It's starting to become more apparent why people are pissed at epic.

EGS would be fine if the client was decent in terms of a comparable feature set, but it's a hot mess, and no amount of free games (that most of us likely already own) is going to make it any more appealing. Anyway lets not derail into that BS.

someone mentioned having so many games, I'm somewhere around 700 on Steam but I'm at over 100 on PS4, it's weird to me the PS4 could be that close in a shorter span of time especially considering I opt for PC when possible.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Yeah, during the early days of Humble Bundle they had crazy bundles, so at that rate if you wanted even a single game in the bundle you just beat the average and have a bunch of backlog titles to play later.

Example:
Humble-Origin-Bundle-pay-what-you-want-and-help-charity-2013-08-22-17-09-40.png

Jigsaah

Gold Member
someone mentioned having so many games, I'm somewhere around 700 on Steam but I'm at over 100 on PS4, it's weird to me the PS4 could be that close in a shorter span of time especially considering I opt for PC when possible.

Yea I have about 400 games on Xbox. Not all installed currently of course. I have maybe about 80-90 installed games. I also have about 20 installed PS4 games as that is my go to for exclusives for obvious reasons. PC seems to be the place to find the lesser known gems. I think steam does a fantastic job introducing me to new games I might not have even thought to play.

Graciaus

My last post was pretty dumb now that I actually play around with this. Pretty much exactly what I wanted in trying to find stuff in my library. Took about 5 minutes to separate 1K games into several categories I care about. That was mainly because I had to look up the tags.

But how do you delete a game from a category? Because of the stupid tags people use I have a bunch of visual novels in my FPS folder.

Thabass

My last post was pretty dumb now that I actually play around with this. Pretty much exactly what I wanted in trying to find stuff in my library. Took about 5 minutes to separate 1K games into several categories I care about. That was mainly because I had to look up the tags.

But how do you delete a game from a category? Because of the stupid tags people use I have a bunch of visual novels in my FPS folder.

IDy6sae.jpg

Like this.

I'm gonna steal that "Probably never gonna play".

Now that I see it, is there a reason you distinguish between Terrible Games and Bad Games? Are you ever in the mood to play either?

I was just doing a 5 point scale, bad games are 2/5 and 1/5 are terrible, might have been better to just do 4 categories tho

Unsupervised Child in a Basement... there are 4 of those games?

There is at least 2 Binding Of Isaac games, but I chuck in other Edmund games alongside.

Ooh, the beta client doesn't have fugly borders on the left and right anymore. That alone makes it worth the upgrade, though some of the animations are a bit choppy.

As for the topic at hand, you want categorization? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE CATEGORIZATION.

collections.png

Probably needs a bit of a clean up really. The emulation stuff is very messy at present.

I love that you have an 'Action Dan' collection as well. The shoe fits :messenger_winking:

Honestly, most of the Action Dan category are games I'm waiting for him to pick up after he'd man-you-gotta-get-this-ed me.:messenger_astonished:

I see nu-deus ex in the abandoned category! What put you off?

Shifty

I see nu-deus ex in the abandoned category! What put you off?
Good question, I don't actually remember too well. I know I did the daytime Prague stuff and then finished Golem City, but what comes after that is fuzzy.

I remember not being as blown away by it as I was by Human Revolution, but I should probably revisit it sometime since it's the last Deus Ex we're going to get for a while unless Square have a sudden change of heart.

I assume that the color of the category is yellow for a reason :p
It's not the piss filter :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Kadayi

Banned
Good question, I don't actually remember too well. I know I did the daytime Prague stuff and then finished Golem City, but what comes after that is fuzzy.

I remember not being as blown away by it as I was by Human Revolution, but I should probably revisit it sometime since it's the last Deus Ex we're going to get for a while unless Square have a sudden change of heart.

You're not alone. I got about that far before my interest just peetered off. It was a bit easier to look past the flaws in DH as it was the first game by the developers, but with MD the frailties of the environmental world-building really started to come to the fore (when you're in a city and no ones driving cars.....). Ostensively the grand narrative was ill-suited for the limitations of the engine tech.

hymanator

I was using Launchbox to organize my library and automatically categorize everything. Does this Steam update do the same thing now?

Zenaku

Pretty nice. I've change my game categories from "completed" and "started" to the following:

Finished, but not
Finished, maybe
Finished, probably
Not finished, but want to
Not finished, but might
Haven't played, but probably will
Haven't played, but might
Haven't played; probably won't

I've separated my finished games into groups of games I'll continue playing or will definitely replay, games I might replay someday, and games I probably won't play again. In-progress games are split into games I want to finish and games I might. Games I haven't played yet are split into games I'll definitely give a go, games I might play, and games I have no real interest in.

Lots of room for improvement though. I'd love for the library screen to be completely grid based, so we can move our game collections wherever we like (so we could essentially create pixel art with their layout), at whatever size we like. Just being able to order them how we like would be a step forward though.

Top Bottom