• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lies of P - 12 Minutes of Gameplay | Gamescom 2022

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Fire Elmo GIF

Fbh

On thing this game seems to be doing right which most souls clones fail at is that there is some nice feedback to your attacks, with smaller enemies actually staggering and reacting to getting hit.

The rest looks pretty good too, love the mechanical movement of enemies and the art direction seems pretty nice. It's clearly borrowing heavily from Dark Souls / Bloodborne (even the UI look very similar) but this might be one of the first good clones.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Too bad the IGN player(s) tend to be trash at games. Still a nice look for what is effectively probably the 1st level of the game
Jesus christ how can these people get a fucking paycheck every month??

There is no genre that look worse when badly played than action games...

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Lol this is straight up plagiarism.
The troll with a wheel on his back has the same moveset and audio as bridge trolls from bloodborne.
Enemies use whirlgig saws and firebombs
stargazers = bonfires
Items are shiny sparkling drops on the ground like souls

Also.. no shadows, floaty walking, all shadowing and lighting based on ssao. Indie confirmed.
Audio is weirdly compressed but sounds like recording of 3d headphones mode from ps5
Don't get me wrong. Looks ok but not as good as the trailers made it to be

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Lol this is straight up plagiarism.
The troll with a wheel on his back has the same moveset and audio as bridge trolls from bloodborne.
Enemies use whirlgig saws and firebombs
stargazers = bonfires
Items are shiny sparkling drops on the ground like souls

Also.. no shadows, floaty walking, all shadowing and lighting based on ssao. Indie confirmed.
Audio is weirdly compressed but sounds like recording of 3d headphones mode from ps5
Oh it's absolutely an homage to bloodborne.

Let's hope it's decent.

Bartski

Gold Member
looks damn good to me. There is a demo on the show floor open for everyone so I hope we'll get some gameplay soon from someone who spends less time getting wrecked

Aenima

Its a shame they ripped of Bloodborne so much, even the UI looks identical. But from the many souls clones out there this one looks and seem to play decent. I like the main character is Pinocchio.

Ribi

i wanna like it but it just screams wish dot com bloodborne.

I'll just go play Bloodborne its probably the same or cheaper price.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
You know that pc players will get this for free on gamepass but will never in hell get 100 used BBBB (BARGAIN BIN BLOODBORNE BOX)...

The_hunter

I think it looks good. The puppets are unsettling and the automaton horror could set it apart from Bloodborne's gothic/eldritch horror, while still feeling unsettling like BB felt. This is a Korean game right?

Re-watching it, the enemies do look like 1:1 to BB. For me it's a maybe if I'll play it.

Last edited:

Sacred

There are so many embarrassing takes in this thread, it's actually quite pathetic. The game looks incredible and has jumped to the top of my most anticipated list.

DavidGzz

Looks like the most competent copy of a Soulsborne ever. That's a good thing in my eyes lol. I think it looks great!

Cyborg

Looks amazing. I hope it will do well.

I know it has been pointed out many times but it does remind me a lot of Bloodborne! Even the environment seems like the base is taken from Bloodborne and then just decorated in a different way.

My only wish is that if you're going to rip-off one of the greatest games of all time then just please be good, otherwise I'm cool with it and will definitely check it out. The only thing that could ever touch BB is a sequel from Miyazaki, Bluepoint remake could come close.

I noticed some comments in another thread saying this looks like a true "next-gen" game. Pro-tip: book that appointment with the optometrist/neurologist ASAP, thank me later. Game looks good but I could name dozens of *last-gen* games that are technically more impressive.

tommib

Deep inside, I feel these games should get a cease and desist from Miyazaki. It’s too on the nose.

GymWolf

Well shit, they really pushed the similarity with bloodborne uh...not mad about it but yeah...

The audio effects on the big dude were incredibly similar to the cunt with the brick in bb.

The player was embarassing to watch as usual.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT

What a weird post. Game’s in development and still at least half a year out. It’s perfectly fine for the shadows to not be finalized at this time. Why are you speaking as if this was a release trailer?

this is why many devs choose to go CGI.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
What a weird post. Game’s in development and still at least half a year out. It’s perfectly fine for the shadows to not be finalized at this time. Why are you speaking as if this was a release trailer?

this is why many devs choose to go CGI.
Games usually look worse after release. Not better.
I am just not being optimistic because I have no reason to be.
Anyway - it looks ok

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Hilariously bad localization, what those texts do to the English language was by far the scariest thing on offer!

On the other hand, very nice art, decent animation, and derivative as it is, had a bit of atmosphere about it.

Could be good, but a few too many shortcuts on display for my liking.

FunkMiller

If Sony are too fucking stupid to remaster Bloodborne, or greenlight a sequel, then this is the next best thing, I guess. Definite day one download on GamePass for me.

But, yeah, if I'm From Software's copyright lawyers, I'm like

wtf GIF

Last edited:
Top Bottom