• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lies of P - 12 Minutes of Gameplay | Gamescom 2022

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Twelve minutes of crate and lumber filled alleys, simple buildings, and uninteresting enemies.

if you’re going to do a Soulsborne knock off then go for it - but bring something new to the table. Make it at least a little interesting.

If this is day one Game Pass - I can see why.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Games usually look worse after release. Not better.
I am just not being optimistic because I have no reason to be.
Anyway - it looks ok

It’s not about how it looks. Shadows will undoubtedly make it into the release versions.

Also.. no shadows, floaty walking, all shadowing and lighting based on ssao. Indie confirmed.

Oh stop. The SoulsBorne games aren't even lookers like that. Decent art directon but they all have lackluster lighting and shadows..and they're all relatively slow, lumbering and floaty compared to top action games (with Sekiro being the least of the bunch).

What kind of criticism is "indie confirmed" anyway?

Konnor

Does anyone have a better gameplay video of this game, this game """""journalist"""" sucks so bad he makes it look worse than it is.

The gameplay is what looks like a tutorial type level of the game, but I guess we should pile on about how derivative, unoriginal and uninspired the whole game is going to be. Because we know all that from this one area from a crap playthrough.

The modular arm looks like it'll be interesting to mess around with. And also, the health potion looks to be something that regenerates over time or with attacks. I haven't played Bloodborne as many other players haven't as well, so I am excited to at least try it even though Souls-like normally isn't my jam.

I am curious as to what type of mini-bosses and bosses these guys come up with. Basing it on Pinnochio kind of makes me laugh though as I'd never would've thought someone would come up of this concept in this type of game.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Looks like it’s trying way too hard to be a souls game. That usually doesn’t work out.

DaGwaphics

Looks interesting, I'll be sure to give it a go even though this isn't typically a genre I watch out for, but that's the beauty of GP.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
More screens.

Fa-G1M8XkAAJJ69

Fa-G1M9WQAAMECN

Fa-G1NAXwAE5qgE

Fa-G1M7XoAA37xB

drganon

Don't have an interest in this game, but the name keeps reminding me of this song by the ex bassist from Weezer called "Friends of P".

spawn

I know this is supposed to be inspired by Bloodborne, but the enemies look exactly like Bloodborne. Everything matches including their attacks and the weapons they're using

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I know this is supposed to be inspired by Bloodborne, but the enemies look exactly like Bloodborne. Everything matches including their attacks and the weapons they're using

"Inspired"

Austin Powers Movie GIF

If imitation is flattery, these guys want to flatten From like pancakes.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Lol this is straight up plagiarism.
The troll with a wheel on his back has the same moveset and audio as bridge trolls from bloodborne.
Enemies use whirlgig saws and firebombs
stargazers = bonfires
Items are shiny sparkling drops on the ground like souls

Also.. no shadows, floaty walking, all shadowing and lighting based on ssao. Indie confirmed.
Audio is weirdly compressed but sounds like recording of 3d headphones mode from ps5
Don't get me wrong. Looks ok but not as good as the trailers made it to be

Hopefully they allow us PC players to use RTAO or RTGI.

Lies of P is one of the absolute worst game titles I've ever heard.

It's also a copy and paste of Bloodborne. Except it was saved as a low res jpeg.
Am I the only mid-90s alternative rock fan who thinks of The Rentals every time they hear or see the name of this game?

Top Bottom