• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lies Of P - Hands-on Gameplay

faisalasif

Hi , I got a chance to share Lies Of P Hands-on Gameplay provided by the publisher.

Lies of P is an upcoming dark take on the story of Pinocchio in the form of Bloodborne-inspired souls like.

Play as Pinocchio, a puppet mechanoid, and fight through everything in your path to find this mystery person. But don't expect any help along the way and don't make the mistake of trusting anyone.

Lies Of P Gameplay

Nankatsu

Gold Member
This game looks like a Bloodborne reskin. The more I see, the more it seems.

But thats not a bad thing thought.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
It's definitely new-gen when it comes to the graphics I feel. They really tried to shoot 1:1 on Bloodborne. Even down the boss health bar and overall HUD.

Also 7:20 - goddamn.
It's so faithful, if you took random screenshots and told me it was Bloodborne 2 leaks I would've believed you. I hope it plays good as well!
They really were like "We're tired of waiting for Bloodborne 2, fuck it we'll make our own" lol

It does look really cool though.

Last edited:

Gandih42

Looks really good, hopefully another awesome Souls-like for the collection (backlog ...). I don't really find it looking that next-gen though. The lighting, some of the environments, and in particular the player character looks really good, but I think the animations and effects are a little janky looking. Probably most of all, the environments are a bit flat and sparse in detail. Not that that's anything to hold against the game - and it probably looks even better in person than in these clips.

Quite far ahead of stuff like the Surge and Mortal Shell with its visuals though. Compared to those I suppose this is next-gen. Hoping the gameplay follows suit!

Miles708

Is it even allowed to copy a game THIS much?
It's almost literally a copy and paste in some things but reskinned.

Still looks good and i'll for sure be playing.
From Software lawyers

Happy Horse Racing GIF by The Jockey Club

nkarafo

Models, effects and animations look great.

Environments look a bit bland though. They need more objects and detail.

Also, i hope this terrible frame pacing is not in the final game.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Looks so good. Probably day 1, depending impressions if it plays good or not.

Is it even allowed to copy a game THIS much?
Been asking myself this. I mean, it's flattering that people are inspired of your work and want to copy it, but this looks hands down like a total ripoff. I'm not complaining though, loved Bloodborne and want more of the same, but Lies of P feels like this generations Giana Sisters. If Bloodborne was a Nintendo franchise, they would've sent a cease and desist by now. Miyazaki and From seems cool about stuff like this though.

Ansphn

Day 1. Looks absolutely amazing. The girl is badass. don't like the name : Lies of P but this is right up my alley. I love souls--like games.

With that name, I bet the last boss is a mechanical humanoid, and then the plot twist is "Pinocchio was behind everything, and kills Geppeto".

Fbh

Looks great.
As I said in other threads, this looks like it could be the first good souls clone.

Been asking myself this. I mean, it's flattering that people are inspired of your work and want to copy it, but this looks hands down like a total ripoff. I'm not complaining though, loved Bloodborne and want more of the same, but Lies of P feels like this generations Giana Sisters. If Bloodborne was a Nintendo franchise, they would've sent a cease and desist by now. Miyazaki and From seems cool about stuff like this though.

It definitely looks very heavily inspired by Bloodborne but unless they are straight up stealing assets or copying level design and complex enemy movesets 1:1 I don't know what grounds there would be for legal action.
How is this more of a ripoff than, say, Multiversus is a Smash ripoff or Bloodstained is a Castlevania Ripoof (same creator yeah, but Iga doesn't own Castlevania).

The game make me feel hard as wood, not gonna lie (pun intended)
FZ3lcN.gif

GymWolf

I'm gonna say it again, if 2 of the bosses are not a gigantic whale (or at least inside a gigantic whale) and a duo boss formed by a humanoid fox and cat the game is basically doomed.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
How is this more of a ripoff than, say, Multiversus is a Smash ripoff or Bloodstained is a Castlevania Ripoof (same creator yeah, but Iga doesn't own Castlevania).

Fair enough. Bloodstained basically is Castlevania bar the name. I guess you can get away with a lot these days. But it's good to see these genres getting more quality games so I'm all for it.

Reactions: Fbh

jaysius

Banned
Combining weapons is awesome. The gameplay looks amazing, this thing is shaping up beautifully. I can't believe this is Gamepass Day 1!

Top Bottom