• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

delSai

I see Season Pass is 16.99 on PSN...but it doesnt include Episode 1...? I thought you saved one episode buying the season pass...?

The 2-5 pack is for people who wanted to try episode 1 instead of buying the season pass. So if you bought Episode 1, you should get the one for 17 bucks

Sigfodr

US PSN here. First episode bought and DLing through PS4 and the Season pass bought through PC PS Store.

Any US people know if we're getting the PS4 theme? Cause that would be brilliant.

Game is incredible, if you're on the fence at least pick up episode 1 and give it a go. I think the thing I appreciated the most was that the main character had all these pre-existing relationships and knowledge about the town. It doesn't do the usual video game bullshit where you're basically a 35 year old baby that knows nothing about the world around you. You can even get a lot of backstory from simply observing the world around you, one of the best ones was finding out about the treehouse Chloe and Max built.

Dawg

B8oADuTIQAARlBo.jpg:large

B8oAI87IEAAqiJD.jpg:large

Heh ;)

I see Season Pass is 16.99 on PSN...but it doesnt include Episode 1...? I thought you saved one episode buying the season pass...?

Season pass is 2-5, for people who bought just the first episode. You can also (eventually) buy the full season rather than ep1+season pass. RE Revelations 2 is the same.

Dawg

Does anyone know where to get
the skateboard and "old man" photos?
Those are the only ones I missed.

delSai

For the Skate Pic: Talk to the Skater Guy, and rewind Time after he tells you to fuck off. Tell him to show a Tre Flip and his Buddy will fail, then walk up to him and take a pic.

Kinsei

Banned

Here you go.

Here's a list of the 10 hidden photos if you don;t want to search for them, or the clues aren't helping.

A drawing is etched into the middle desk in Mr. Jefferson's classroom.
The statue just outside the main entrance to the school.
Talk to the group of skaters, and when Justin calls you a poser rewind time and choose the noseslide option. When you're asked which trick you want to see choose tre flip. After the the guy performing the trick hits his balls go up to him and take a photo.
Outside the dorm area there's a squirrel with a can of soda by a tree with Make art, not war written on it. Take a picture of it.
The mirror in Max's room
Mess up the photo's in Virginia's room and take a picture of the results. You can always rewind time after taking the photo if you didn't want to rearrange her photos.
After warning Alyssa about the football take a picture of the broken window.
In the Parking lot there's a dirty R.V. Draw on the window and take a photo of the result. If you didn't want to draw on the R.V you can rewind time after taking your photo
Once you're on the path to the lighthouse turn around and go down the path. Eventually you'll come to a crow on a rock. Take a picture of it.
When you reach Chloe sitting on the bench stand behind her and select "Look". This will give you the prompt to take the final picture.

kubus

Pretty sure the Season Pass (ep 1-5) is unavailable in the US until Tuesday. Only the first episode and the ep2-5 pass can be purchased.

So if you want to play now you have to buy the first episode separately and then buy the mini season pass. Not sure if it's more expensive that way, there's a full overview of the prices in the OP.

kubus

Eh? I have the season pass and it includes episode one, guys :p
That's because we're superior yurropians.

Sony screwed up the PS Store update in the US. They only got the first ep and mini season pass, the full season pass which includes episode 1 won't be available until Tuesday there ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty sure the Season Pass (ep 1-5) is unavailable in the US until Tuesday. Only the first episode and the ep2-5 pass can be purchased.

This is what confused me. I knew that the season pass was coming on Tuesday, but I saw the ep2-5 pass assuming that it was the regular SP and that DONTNOD and Sony were being nice and bump the date up.

Dawg

That's because we're superior yurropians.

Sony screwed up the PS Store update in the US. They only got the first ep and mini season pass, the full season pass which includes episode won't be available until Tuesday there ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Oh.

:>

chadskin

Holy smokes, that was a wonderful first episode.

The moment Max plugged in her earbuds and Syd Matters "To All of You" came on I knew I'd definitely be loving this. And Angus & Julia Stones "Santa Monica Dream" later in Chloes room was beautiful, too.

Feels like this is the game that was made for me (I love story-driven games), after they browsed through my iTunes music library (I love indie music). :)

Now I hope they can stay true to their word and release the next episodes every six weeks because the wait is already killing me.

Dawg

Btw Kinsei...

The 9th photo is the bird... but I noticed how similar it looked to the bird you saved from his window death :p Is it the same bird, you think?

Kinsei

Banned
Btw Kinsei...

The 9th photo is the bird... but I noticed how similar it looked to the bird you saved from his window death :p Is it the same bird, you think?

Maybe.
Can anyone that let the bird die check and see whether or not the bird shows up on the rock?

jediyoshi

The collection mode/replay system is smart. Telltale needs to copy that stat, if only to just make branching seperate saves easier.

Cdammen

Wow fantastic game. I love the photo nerdery and the pop-culture references. Also, the game is super-pretty. The thick/rough paintbrush effect is ace together with the colors and lighting :)

Chariot

The collection mode/replay system is smart. Telltale needs to copy that stat, if only to just make branching seperate saves easier.
I don't think that it would work pretty well with Telltales projects, because there is actually nobody who can rewind time.

Gbraga

Thank you! This is really awesome.

This game looks so good, but it still wasn't this game that convinced me of chromatic aberration. Still wish I could turn it off. For some reason it almost works here. Almost.

I only took a couple of screenshots, might as well post them.

I don't think that it would work pretty well with Telltales projects, because there is actually nobody who can rewind time.

YET.

Voyevoda

Only French people will know, but ... That La Horde du Contrevent reference tho.

Please Alain Damasio, do the whole writing (both story and background) of Dontnod's next game, could end up being one of the most consistent world seen in a video game.

Really enjoying what I played so far and will definately be picking up the other episodes.

Favourite part so far?
When you go to your dorm room. I picked up the guitar and played it. Sounded really cool and I recognised the melody a little bit. Walked round and checked a few things out and turned the stereo on and boom, Jose Gonzalez playing and it was SO CHILL! Then even better I picked up the guitar again thinking it might glitch out and play completely off beat, but no. Max start playing along with the song. It was such a cool moment I haven't experienced before in a game. I then lay down on the bed and just chilled out. Really love those kind of moments!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Really enjoying what I played so far and will definately be picking up the other episodes.

Favourite part so far?
When you go to your dorm room. I picked up the guitar and played it. Sounded really cool and I recognised the melody a little bit. Walked round and checked a few things out and turned the stereo on and boom, Jose Gonzalez playing and it was SO CHILL! Then even better I picked up the guitar again thinking it might glitch out and play completely off beat, but no. Max start playing along with the song. It was such a cool moment I haven't experienced before in a game. I then lay down on the bed and just chilled out. Really love those kind of moments!

Some of the interactions are really nice.
Like looking around Chloe's house and remembering stuff as you explore the areas. The swingset, the cat's grave, the couch, wine story, etc. Also Chloe has kick ass taste in music.

Just finished the first episode and what a wondeful experience it was, I'm looking forward to replaying it for the hidden photos I missed.
My choices(spoiler warning ofcourse): http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/535135824187941150/C8A5EF436FCD9D438CE6A9BBB26B9DEB5B10DB5C/ http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/535135824187941034/AC112764E8A980F9A09AE11E001F0AA8AC684092/
Edit: Also that moment when you first walk out of the classroom has to be one of my favourite introduction scenes in gaming.

And choices that are already a lot more meaningful than in The Walking Dead (just calling that, because I actually didn't play any other TT game).

Telltale games have regressed in terms of choices having any meaningful impact to the overall story.

Wolf Among Us still leaves a very bitter taste...

dreamfall

3ish hours into the first episode and I love it. I love the slow pace of it all, the music is totally perfect and it really does capture those art school/high school vibes perfectly. Just ambling about, it's beautiful.

Kolgar

Wow, great to see so many positive impressions.

I'm a big fan of Remember Me and I think this studio has serious potential. I downloaded the demo on Xbone last night and while I was a little turned off by the Millennial overload (I am a long way from my teens and twenties), I'll give this another go based on this thread.

It's nice to see a talented developer make good use of the medium.

Wow, great to see so many positive impressions.

I'm a big fan of Remember me and I think this studio has serious potential. I downloaded the demo on Xbone last night and while I was a little turned off by the Millennial overload (I am a long way from my teens and twenties), I'll give this another go based on this thread.

It's nice to see a talented developer make good use of the medium.

Apart from a few missteps Remember Me was amazing in my opinion. Loved the lead, art, graphics, and story was kind of cool and music was different. I hope these guys go places!

DukeBobby

Dontnod have progressed so much in less than two years. This game is a massive step up from Remember Me. Hopefully, the rest of the episodes are just as good.

Pooya

I enjoyed Remember Me for the art direction. This doesn't have a imaginative setting like that or the budget but again looks pretty good for what it is compared with TellTale's ugly games. Lipsync or lack of it kills it though... It's pretty fun. Music is so nice.

sin2sin

Neo Member
This reminded me of beyond two souls mixed with TWD! A perfect mix in my opinion! I cannot wait for the next episode!

How can they regress from The Walking Dead? So, Wolf Among Us is just a movie then?

Fewer gameplay segments and choices are less significant. TWD was lacking in both as it was, but the story/characters/setting are still very strong imo.

Pretty much. Choices being less significant is being generous in my opinion. I felt they straight up ignored some choices to tell the story how they wanted to tell it.

I don't even want to think about that garbage any more. Pisses me off so much thinking about that game...

Top Bottom