• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Listing & Pics of SOCOM 3 vehicles

http://socomblog.typepad.com/socom/2005/08/socom_3_vehicle.html

SOCOM 3 Vehicles

Since this blog is intended to encompass all things SOCOM, we thought that it would be valuable to include a few posts on the also upcoming SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo for the PSP, but we do understand that you, our readers, have a thirst for some SOCOM 3 information.

As we're sure you can imagine, the SOCOM 3 team is diligently working to finish the game. So, we tried to pull together a nice list of vehicles you can expect to encounter while playing SOCOM 3, as well as some sweet screen shots. Unfortunately, our blogging software prohibits us from providing you with the best high-resolution images possible, but we decided to include these shots anyway just to provide you with a good idea of what these vehicles will look like.

Single Player and Multiplayer
-----------------
M998 TOW
ALSV (Advanced Light Strike Vehicle)
Bradley
CRRC
T-72
Ural troop carrier
Ural cargo
Technical pickup
Technical SUV

M998 armored
m998_003.jpg

M998 multi-turret
m998_010.jpg

SOC-R
socr_002.jpg

Technical speedboat
speedboat_001a.jpg

Single Player Game ONLY
--------------
Eurovan
ZSU (not drivable)
Hind Helicopter (not drivable)
Littlebird Helicopter (not drivable)
Pave Hawk Helicopter (not drivable)

I just really hope that Zipper doesn't make the multiplayer sway towards vehicles all together. I like SOCOM 2's multiplayer the way it is. Personally I enjoy games with vehicles when the vehicles are a bit scarce like Halo or Battlefield 1942. In fact, Battlefield 2 didn't hook me as much as previous Battlefield games just because it's almost completely vehicle based. Sure, it's an excellent game, but it just didn't pull me in as much as 42 and Nam.

ToyMachine228 said:
I just really hope that Zipper doesn't make the multiplayer sway towards vehicles all together. I like SOCOM 2's multiplayer the way it is. Personally I enjoy games with vehicles when the vehicles are a bit scarce like Halo or Battlefield 1942. In fact, Battlefield 2 didn't hook me as much as previous Battlefield games just because it's almost completely vehicle based. Sure, it's an excellent game, but it just didn't pull me in as much as 42 and Nam.

I don't believe most of the levels even support vehicles, but the levels that do are designed to allow you to go across sections without vehicles through shortcuts that vehicles can't use. Also, you can turn them on or off for some of the games, I believe. (Although, convoy wouldn't make much sense without them :D )

They certainly don't seem to overpower the game to me. Only idiots who stand out in a field and don't know how to dodge really get runover by them and only folks who try to go toe-to-toe with their armorment get blasted by them.

IMO, they're a great way to outflank your opponents.

Zeo

Banned
Wax Free Vanilla said:
Looks like dog shit. Sony should have saved this for a PS3 launch title. Tsk, Tsk.

Yeah, it looks like dogshit because PS3 can do better!

Whatever, it looks okay for PS2. Don't compare it to other systems.

Looks fine for an online PS2 game. Definately a step up from Socom II. I look forward to wasting some of you GAFers online later this year.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I hope to Christ that SOCOM III brings back the magic from the first SOCOM. SOCOM II is a joke to play online and it makes me sad.

Top Bottom