• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Caesars ExtraMostBestest Pizza ($6)

SummitAve

Banned
Last time I had Little Caesar's it was when they had the pretzel bread pizza. We threw it away after two slices, it was just salt and knock off cheese wiz. This looks decent for the price. But I love my heart too much.

That's exactly what it looked like in the commercials!

Fat4all

Banned

JDuX6uY.jpg

smurfx

get some go again
maybe they are planning to phase out the 5 dollar pizza and replace it with this one. wonder how long they can keep the 5 dollar price when minimum wage is rising in a lot of places.

Phu

Banned
Last time I had Little Caesar's it was when they had the pretzel bread pizza. We threw it away after two slices, it was just salt and knock off cheese wiz. This looks decent for the price. But I love my heart too much.

The pretzel pizza was their best gimmick pizza.

chaosyn

Been out for awhile now actually. The video reviews on youtube aren't so good =\

They're a definite step up from the regular Hot-n-Ready, but if you don't really enjoy those to begin with, this probably wouldn't change your mind. Hopefully they stick around as a permanent menu item, worth the extra $ for me.

Azriell

LC isn't great, but for $5-6 it's pretty good. It's excellent for kids' birthday parties, days when you're broke but still want pizza, or when you don't feel like cooking but it's late (mine is open until 11:00, not sure about everywhere else). It's also excellent ranch-dipping pizza. My only complaint is when they price themselves out of their market with $8+ pizza.

I don't know about this particular pizza, though. I think I'd rather go deep dish if I was going to spend the extra buck.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
a $5 hot and ready can last you two days if ya don't eat it too fast

good 'almost payday' food

I've found Little Caesars is only good soon after ordering. Once it cools down it's over, I think it's the worst of the major national chains when it comes to eating cold or after reheating.

Otherwise it can't really be beat in terms of what you get for its price point.

Fat4all

Banned
I've found Little Caesars is only good soon after ordering. Once it cools down it's over, I think it's the worst of the major national chains when it comes to eating cold or after reheating.

the sauce gets even sweeter when it's cold, tho

few drops of Cholula, and you're in flavor country

Chorazin

Definitely worth the extra money, it actually tastes like decent pizza instead of the usual disappointment of LC. I feel like they also bake it a little longer to get all the pep browned and cheese melted so the crust has a better mouthfeel.

Otherwise it can't really be beat in terms of what you get for its price point.

You need to plan ahead and immediately put the slices you're not going to eat in the fridge instead of letting them cool down in room temperature. That's the only way to make extra slices salvageable.

I've only visited NYC a few times but pizza was so plentiful and cheap there that I wouldn't visit an LC if there was one. Maybe it's different upstate though? Spent a night in Buffalo but didn't get out.
They got dollar slices all over the place there. I haven't found a good one yet but for a dollar, fuck it I'll take 3 slices

Why are people talking about reheating pizza? Who reheats pizza? Eating it when it's been in the fridge is like half of the experience of eating pizza.

I like LC at any temp. Out of Papa John's, LC, Pizza Hut and Dominos I'll take LC every time. It just tastes "cleaner" to me than the other ones. Maybe because I always just get the hot and ready pepperoni, but I just feel less gross after eating it than the others.

____

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

I hope this is from the DZA tape.

OT, I probably won't try this but the option is nice.

Z_Y

People shit on LC but it gets the job done for $5. I got kids man. $10 for dinner (and leftovers for lunch) ain't nothing to sneeze at in this economy.

I would love to try this for $6.

It's not bad for $6 pizza. It's still $6 pizza.

But I can't judge, I went to CiCi's the other day. Sometimes I like to hurt myself.

Psxphile

damn, I want some lil' ceez now

I hate being lactose intolerant :(

Just how lactose intolerant are you? Drinking a glass of regular whole/reduced/skim milk will either give me brief fits of gas, stomache pains or worst case diarrhea (has to be a lot of milk for that) but I've never had a problem digesting pizza cheese. Or most cheese in general. Usually I just get heartburn instead from the hearty sauces. Worth it.

Can't go without drinking milk though, so good thing lactose-free varieties are out there.

Falchion

I got burned out on Little Cesar's after high school when I would get a hot and ready anytime I needed food, but that actually looks pretty good.

Top Bottom