• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Caesars introduces new $5 Value Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
xia what's with you and the fast food threads that are just press releases, at least comment on it

on topic tho, I'm in if and when they bring this to Canada. I actually like Little Caesers a decent amount. the stuffed crazy bread is legit

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
hasn't they always had a 5$ value meal? I thought their whole shtick was a 5$ hot and ready pizza

You probably don't remember when the schtick was square pizza.

The Hot N Ready idea saved the company because it doesn't require very many employees to run a chain when 90% of their tasks are making the same pizza over and over. The other interesting decision they made was that they focus on urban sales, rather than going after high-end affluent markets like most of their competitors do.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
xia what's with you and the fast food threads that are just press releases, at least comment on it

on topic tho, I'm in if and when they bring this to Canada. I actually like Little Caesers a decent amount. the stuffed crazy bread is legit

What else is there left to say? Aside from heartburn.

The Hot N Ready idea saved the company because it doesn't require very many employees to run a chain when 90% of their tasks are making the same pizza over and over.
Making the same pizza is still making pizza. The store I go to is high volume and it's always packed with employees. Way more than I see at any other chain.

Ashhong

The Hot N Ready idea saved the company because it doesn't require very many employees to run a chain when 90% of their tasks are making the same pizza over and over. The other interesting decision they made was that they focus on urban sales, rather than going after high-end affluent markets like most of their competitors do.

No I do lol.

I was just saying that I thoguht they already had this 5$ deal menu. I went not long ago and thought everything was this price if not cheaper. I feel like they raised the wings price by doing this..

I had a hot and ready over Christmas for the first time in a year and it was surprisingly better than I remembered. It was also hot...and ready.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
No I do lol.

I was just saying that I thoguht they already had this 5$ deal menu. I went not long ago and thought everything was this price if not cheaper. I feel like they raised the wings price by doing this..

Their Pizza's with a lot of toppings and their deep dish offerings are over the $5 price point. That and the Deep Dish is the best thing at LCs

_Ryo_

4 20oz Pepsi's for $5 seems like a shit deal considering you can buy 5 2Liters of Cokes or Dr Peppers for the same price.

nasax

I remember going to the drive in theater with my family in the early to mid 90s and ordering a Big Foot pizza and a bucket of spaghetti from LC. It'll always have a special place in my heart ... and stomach.

*edit* Bigfoot pizza was Pizza Hut? Well I swear LC had something similar .

Shit, maybe we went to Pizza Hut before the drive in lol

bebop242

This menu can fuck right off. Went to order a stuffed crust last week and was told they got rid of it and replaced it with this.

Ashhong

Their Pizza's with a lot of toppings and their deep dish offerings are over the $5 price point. That and the Deep Dish is the best thing at LCs

Right, but that's still over the price point. The large classic, wings, and loaded bread was 5$ or under at mine just recently. Ah well. Maybe I'll drop by this week again

thebeeks

Banned
Just give me 5 orders of crazy bread for 5 dollars.

But that value meal looks like garbage

Yes yes yes, a thousand times yes.

I just want to get fucked up on crazy bread.

I remember going to the drive in theater with my family in the early to mid 90s and ordering a Big Foot pizza and a bucket of spaghetti from LC. It'll always have a special place in my heart ... and stomach.

That's the Big Big Pizza

kirblar

Other chains askin $15 for a large.

Little Caesars laughs at this.
Dominos now has $8 carryout 3 topping larges, Pizza Hut $6 for a medium 3 topping.

They changed the game.

Little Caesar's "Pizza Pizza" always game in a 2-fer long pack, that's what you're thinking of.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
-ly delicious

Like an explosion of different bodily discharges on a bunch of C-grade frozen pastry.

ywhfWIF.jpg

zulux21

This menu can fuck right off. Went to order a stuffed crust last week and was told they got rid of it and replaced it with this.

yeah that constantly happens with me and my LC.

they introduce something new and good and get rid of it.
introduce something crappy and it sticks around.

to be fair my chain likely doesn't have this menu or more so would be the 5.99 menu as my local chain opened up with $5 pizzas and then like 6 months after went up to $5.99 pizzas.

I just go down the road to papa murphy's instead most of the time as at $5 LC is decent but at $6 I would rather just pay a little more and get far better pizza.

The $5 Hot-And-Ready was such a great idea from a business perspective.

Like seriously, LC is the third-biggest chain for pizza in the US and were struggling to compete, so they said "what sucks about ordering pizza?" The answers to that are 1) it takes too fucking long and 2) it costs way too much. The Hot 'N Ready idea takes care of both of those simultaneously.
It was a genius idea and pretty much brought them back in the game.

I dont mind it as a cheap pizza either so long as it's hot when i eat it. It's not to great for eating later though. Their deep dish is decent for the cost too.

Nydius

I wish I could be enthused about this but something about their cheese blend really tastes bad to me and also wrecks my stomach. Ditto their wing seasoning blend.

I regularly frequented Little Caesar's when they had their full pretzel pizza (not like Pizza Hut's crappy pretzel crust). Wish they'd bring it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom