• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live near an Alco? 40% off of ANY ONE ITEM (PSP, DS, PS2, Xbox included) July 14,15

Never heard of it myself, but FatWallet has this listing: (actually got it from Evil Avatar)

Sony PSP $150.00 + tax Deal
I found this deal on Fatwallet:

On July 14th and 15th, Alco will have a 40% off coupon good on any ONE product. The coupon is in their weekly circular.

Click on the "Specials" tab, and you should be able to see their circular.

Limited to in stock purchases only.

Link HERE

If you are lucky to live near an Alco, you might want to stop by and pick one up.

If the PSP doesn't float your boat, you can pick up the Nintendo DS for $90.00 bucks + tax instead.

Flo_Evans

nice! there are some around here (well 30-45min drive they all seem to be out in the boonies) but for 40% off its worth it.

Did a Google search and found that the Alco site is at http://www.duckwall.com . There you can find a PDF of the circular, and indeed there is the 40% coupon. There's one pretty near here, my brothers and I will definitely have to check this out. I've only been in there briefly; enough to see that there was a small game section, but never long enough to bother checking it out.

FYI, the text of the coupon is
You pick the item... save on what you need most
40% Off any one regular priced item
One coupon per customer
Good Thursday and Friday, July 14 & 15, 2005 only
Limited to stock on hand. Cannot be used on pre-paid cards, licenses, tobacco products, prior purchases or lay-aways, gift cards, fuel or with any other coupon offer.
Store Coupon
Item discoutn * Reason code 7

So it's not very restrictive.

JoshuaJSlone said:
Did a Google search and found that the Alco site is at http://www.duckwall.com . There you can find a PDF of the circular, and indeed there is the 40% coupon. There's one pretty near here, my brothers and I will definitely have to check this out. I've only been in there briefly; enough to see that there was a small game section, but never long enough to bother checking it out.

FYI, the text of the coupon is

So it's not very restrictive.
or you could have clicked the link in the first post, but whatever.

bune duggy said:
or you could have clicked the link in the first post, but whatever.
Ha. Didn't notice the text was actually a different color, thought it was a text-only paste.

It should also be noted that they'll probably try to trick their way out of a few deals. For instance, if you look through their sale paper you'll see a bit about the Nintendo DS. It has it's price listed as $149.99, regularly $159.99. Clearly that's some BS, but as long as it's not being sold for "regular price" it wouldn't qualify for the 40% off.

Wow. I almost can't believe how a 40% sale could be so bad for a store. But when one goes and realizes there's nothing there that's particularly interesting even at 60% price, that's pretty bad. I was kinda hoping for a $90 Xbox system. No dice. Would've gone for a $90 DS for my stepbrother, but for reasons mentioned in a previous post that wouldn't work. Even if there'd been a $20 game that I'd really wanted, I could've saved $8... but even most of the old stuff was crazily priced. Eternal Darkness was $60. I eventually did see an Xbox "value pack" that would normally be priced at $200 and thus with 40% off would come to $120... but considering it seemed like a used/refurbished system, that I'd get almost 0 value out of the included Army Men and Carve games, and that I'd want to buy a better controller to replace the third-party Duke imitation it came with, that wasn't a particularly good deal for me either.

Now, if I'd for some reason been looking for 5 copies of the NSync Game Boy Color game, I'd have been in heaven.

Top Bottom