• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw Remake announced for 2023

JohannCK

Yoshimi Yasuda, president and CEO of Dragami Games, has released an official statement regarding the development of a game to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Lollipop Chainsaw. The game, tentatively titled Lollipop Chainsaw Remake, is slated for a 2023 release.

Development of the game will be handled by a combination of development staff from the original version, including Yasuda as producer, and new development staff from Dragami Games. Further information such as regarding the platform have yet to be determined, and will be announced at a later date.

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

I remember that the game was fun at first but became frustrating When you wanted to complete it 100%.
I surely will re-try it if it’s a correct remaster.

Last edited:

Banned
I really liked the arcady feel the game had. it was like playing an arcade brawler with 3D graphics.

really hope the remake will be good... remasters and remakes have been a very mixed bag lately

KiteGr

Why not shadow of the damned remake tho?
I've heard that that game was a nightmare to create, due to the publisher having a tight leash on Suda 51, making gamechanging demands and ending up forcing him to re-write the script 5 times. I wouldn't be surprised if Suda doesn't want to be involved with that project ever again in his life. After so many re-wrights he might not even consider it his own anymore.

As for Lolipop, they most likelly want to capitalize to the new found popularity of James Gunn who was heavilly involved with it.
It might also be a sign that this Woke epidemic is thinning off, unless of course they censor it to oblivion.
Does anyone know what kind of remake it is? If they redo the game's cutscenes they can't capitalize on Gunn, but if they don't, then it won't be a "Remake".

ParaSeoul

Most likely censored :p
tom hiddleston help GIF

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
So will Suda be involved with this? First time I hear of Dragami games, seems to be a split-off from legendary Kadokawa Games...

H4ze

Awww yesss, I enjoyed the game when it released, still have my copy. It's funny because just recently I thought I could play it again, now I'll wait and see.

CitizenZ

Banned
LOL, All i can think about is what the character redesign will look like. Because no way in hell will it be based on actual reality.

To be honest this was always my least favorite Suda game. I didn’t find the gameplay interesting, nor the writing very funny either. I know gameplay has never been the smoothest in their games, but this game in particular was just nauseatingly repetitive. The main character was annoying too.

I liked Shadows of the Damned, and Killer is Dead a lot more when it comes to their 360/PS3 output. This game deserves backwards compatibility at best; a remake just seems undeserved.

Huh, I thought WB had the rights to this but apparently they were just the Western publisher. Which means they can't get in the way of this remake by trying to censor it. (y)

NahaNago

I forgot about this game. It was something I had wanted to play in the past so I'm glad it's getting a remake. I'm just worried about it now because of the censor talk.

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

drotahorror

I was so hype for the original and was let down when it finally came out. Now I’m hype for a remake for some reason.

Top Bottom