• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP - First trailer (out Sept 25th for PS5/Xbox Series/Switch/Steam)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
* Also coming to last gen consoles.

Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP - First trailer (out Sept 25th for PS5/Xbox Series/Switch/Steam)

GP_tL_gWoAAiHPs

GP_tONkWgAAh-j_

Last edited:

semiconscious

Gold Member
nope...

realized yesterday that the last suda51 related game i genuinely enjoyed was killer 7. a game released on the gamecube/ps2...

Pejo

I'll be buying it because the team that is doing this is (oddly) super passionate about it and I liked the original game, but they are absolutely not gonna gonna make their money back that they put into this.

Props for putting all of the shit I wouldn't want in the remake in one "gamer journalist" mode so I can ignore it all with one setting.

ssringo

Gold Member
Man, this trailer did nothing for me. Guess it's a good thing I already know I like the game.

If the trailer music is a sign of the rest of the new soundtrack then I'm not impressed. The lack of music from the original game is a huge negative but being an Unreal Engine game at least us PC folks should be able to put the original tracks back in fairly easily.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Man, this trailer did nothing for me. Guess it's a good thing I already know I like the game.

If the trailer music is a sign of the rest of the new soundtrack then I'm not impressed. The lack of music from the original game is a huge negative but being an Unreal Engine game at least us PC folks should be able to put the original tracks back in fairly easily.
Yeah the trailer was very generic.
But we know what the game is like and this showed us what this version will look like.
Which is very faithful to the original and that's good.
They've just cleaned it up, but yeah the music is a big disappointment.

I'll be buying it because the team that is doing this is (oddly) super passionate about it and I liked the original game, but they are absolutely not gonna gonna make their money back that they put into this.

Props for putting all of the shit I wouldn't want in the remake in one "gamer journalist" mode so I can ignore it all with one setting.

I just hope it's fully uncensored

Alot of these Remasters tend to be censored in some way

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Looks exactly like the original, just at the higher resolution. Idk what they'll be asking for it. but it should be $20-25 tops or else It'll flop spectacularly.... again.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
This better be priced dirt cheap.

That trailer was trying to convince me to not buy this ever…

Hypereides

Gold Member
Honestly, doesn't seem to look much different from the original game. I'm sure the 60 FPS will be noticeable once you get to play the game though.

Reactions: Isa
Thats when it eventually comes out if it does on physical format as if u look in the trailer it says digital release on 25th sept , so wouldnt be suprised if it doesnt make a physical realease depending on digital sales
Yoshimi Yasuda confirmed it will get a worldwide physical release, we'll just have to wait for more details.

Edit: from their store page - https://repop.lollipopchainsaw.com/en/

Release date
Download : September 26, 2024
Physical : October, 2024

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Buy the original while you can

So much is going to be removed

Not just the music, but stuff like during the Josey boss fight where he’s constantly taunting you with “Are you retarded?!” will most definitely not be in there

Modernizing remastered Suda games. No fucking thanks.

TGO

Where did they mention this?
It sounds awesome! It allows both raunchy comedy and shuts up those who can't take it!
At the beginning of the trailer, it says it allows players to play original or Repop mode which is censored and all footage is from the RePop mode

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
No one ever mentions that Akira Yamaoka was the music director and he contributed some real bangers. Some his best work I think he did here and on Shadows of the Damned.

And that loading screen music! :messenger_beaming:

One for the road. FUCK the music is so good.

Last edited:

TGO

Looking at the website it seems the licensed music is gone as it says it has a new soundtrack.
But..it also says in the new streamer mode the Lollipop song is replaced with an original song.
So that is in the game when not streaming.
So it seems some might have been saved.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Looking at the website it seems the licensed music is gone as it says it has a new soundtrack.
But..it also says in the new streamer mode the Lollipop song is replaced with an original song.
So that is in the game when not streaming.
So it seems some might have been saved.

It could just mean they got new licensed songs.

TGO

It could just mean they got new licensed songs.
Nice interview
But no, they are completely new just for game.
Apparently the rights to the songs expired 5 years after release and they wasn't allowed to sell it anymore and they want the game to be available to everyone for as long as it can do that why they didn't relicensed the music
Although the Lollipop song is still present....
He also says he can't announce anything yet but the main motivation is to make more game in the series.

Top Bottom