• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP - First trailer (out Sept 25th for PS5/Xbox Series/Switch/Steam)

Ribi

Someone paid money to make this... Instead of your favorite game getting remade/remastered... We get this POS. THINK ABOUT THAT

KiteGr

At the beginning of the trailer, it says it allows players to play original or Repop mode which is censored and all footage is from the RePop mode
Does that mean that in order to have the rest of the quality of life improvements we have to play it censored?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Does that mean that in order to have the rest of the quality of life improvements we have to play it censored?
I don't believe so they would have mentioned changes to gameplay otherwise.
RePop seems to be more visual differences.
Anyway comparison shots robbed from REEEE
th2F7Cm.jpeg
OU0TufC.jpeg

Which surprisingly isn't REEing about it.
They seem excited 🤔
Edit, Spoke too soon someone is bitching about them not replacing Tara Strong 🙄
Also outfits
HvfbzWj.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't believe so they would have mentioned changes to gameplay otherwise.
RePop seems to be more visual differences.
Anyway comparison shots robbed from REEEE
th2F7Cm.jpeg
OU0TufC.jpeg

Which surprisingly isn't REEing about it.
They seem excited 🤔
Edit, Spoke too soon someone is bitching about them not replacing Tara Strong 🙄
Also outfits
HvfbzWj.jpeg

What did Tara Strong do to deserve the ire of Retardera?

Robbit_80

Never played this first time round and that trailer does nothing for me. Certainly showing its age despite the lick of paint.

Bkdk

Banned
This will sell very well and much higher sales than the original. It’s a great time for Juliet to come back! Wonder how much money sweet baby inc is already trying to force the devs to pay.

Hypereides

Gold Member
I'm all for this re-release if it manages to pave way for a sequel (with Suda at the wheel). I really liked the original. Its a game full of personality, over-the-top action, and raunchy humour. Something that's really missing these days.

That's all the outfits?
No Rockabilly? No Evil Dead Ash? There are tons missing if that's the lot.
That's probably a licensing issue. Just like with reintroducing the original soundtrack.

Sleepwalker

I just took a look at the soundtrack of the original and there is 0 chance whatever they made for the new one is better. So if the licensed songs are not there I am out.

Killer8

The lack of voice acting in the trailer makes me suspect that Jimmy Urine's VO has been cut after the controversy. Would love to be proven wrong.

The original licensed soundtrack missing from the game is disappointing and will change the game's feel, but it's somewhat understandable when you read the licensing reason from the developer. I hope the new soundtrack is at least fitting.

I have no idea why the RePop mode has less violence. The original game was always kind of ugly and this mode looks like a visual improvement to me, so it's disappointing if they don't have violence at least as an option. Hopefully it can be re-added.

I'm surprised that they have been able to keep the sexualization of the character intact, and in fact some of the outfits look even more risqué than before (bueno). Modders will do the rest on PC and may even be able to restore the soundtrack too.

I was concerned for this release at first and still have my apprehensions but it seems to have turned out better than expected. Probably worth a pickup as an addition to the original but not a replacement.

TGO

I just took a look at the soundtrack of the original and there is 0 chance whatever they made for the new one is better. So if the licensed songs are not there I am out.
Based on what they say on the website
Lollipop by The Chordettes remains, and that means some others maybe still in there
Maybe Lollipop is cheap to license because how old it is.
8UvgIl1.jpeg

the original music from 2012 release which is what was mostly playing throughout the game should be still present, but Hey Micky is definitely gone
The lack of voice acting in the trailer makes me suspect that Jimmy Urine's VO has been cut after the controversy. Would love to be proven wrong.
The Producer has said the VO, script, story are untouched and identical to the original.

Last edited:

TGO

This will sell very well and much higher sales than the original. It’s a great time for Juliet to come back! Wonder how much money sweet baby inc is already trying to force the devs to pay.
Original sold 1.3 million which is good for the time it release and the type of game.
Hopefully this sells more
Should have just replaced the original model and use Jessica Nigri likeness.
The original model is fine, Jessica actually looks like someone in their 20's cosplaying the character.
That not a knock on Jessica, just doesn't fit highschool cheerleader character.
Myself in 2024 as people are now older then the original release I'd probably go for Natalie Alyn Lind
natalie-alyn-lind-silver-scoop-gotham-10.JPG

Last edited:
Is this a from there website only or they gonna distribute it to others retailers like some of their releases.
If it's there site only then fuck that.
Their shipping make the price go through the roof
It looks like it might be only through LRG in the West. It will receive a regular retail release in Japan and other Asian markets though.

Also, some unrelated info:

TGO

It looks like it might be only through LRG in the West. It will receive a regular retail release in Japan and other Asian markets though.

Also, some unrelated info:

If the game is not gonna have any DLC and I don't think it will but you never know.
Then its not a problem.
But it suppose to be a World-Wide physical release and this is not that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom