• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like we might hear some unexpected news about a Sony first party title soon (ZhugeEX rumour)

Kazza

So, is this guy reliable? I wonder what it might be? Good news or bad news? Cancellation? Earlier than expected release? A PS4 game being moved to PS5 only? A new game announcement? A PC port?

:pie_thinking: :pie_thinking: :pie_thinking:

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

So, is this guy reliable? I wonder what it might be? Good news or bad news? Cancellation? Earlier than expected release? A PS4 game being moved to PS5 only? A new game announcement? A PC port?

Pretty reliable. He was good when it came to sales data.

As for what this could be, I have no idea.

I hope it's unexpected in a good way.

buizel

Banned

yeh he's reliable...

FUNrU1h.png

at amassing dodgy manga books

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
On second thought I think it's bad news, I think TLOU Part 2 might be delayed

Or Ghost of Tsushima is PS5 exclusive

Last edited:

Kazza

I hope it's unexpected in a good way.

Me too, although what constitutes good news and bad news may differ. Personally, Sony believing that PC is not in direct competition to their consoles and so deciding to try a first party PC port would be good news, but some Sony fans may disagree. Unfortunately, I think that is one of the most unlikely possibilities.

On second thought I think it's bad news, I think TLOU Part 2 might be delayed

I dunno, they just announced and started the TLoU release date hype train... they seemed content to let it ride with a TBA date for a long time so I doubt they would announce if it wasn't a solid date.

Ghost seems like a solid bet... Though I wonder how "surprising" that would even be. We haven't even seen that much to begin with.

I don't know if it's a good or bad news, good : maybe Sucker Punch will announce something ?
Bad Ghost Of Tsushima is no more cross gen and Ps5 only (wich i doubt).
Death Stranding doesn't say Exclusive, maybe it's coming to Xbox aswell 🤷‍♂️

Jason said a first party game its getting delayed. DS and TLOU are the only games with realese date afaik.

Edit: DS its already out.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
His name is daniel ahmad? So hes christian and moslims at the same time?

Anyway finger crossed its bluepoint remake

And feck Demon Souls cos i already played that game for hundred hours

"Re-envisioning "

Legend of Dragoon remake baby cmon lets do it

McHuj

Not sure why they would announce anything PS5 related, even if Ghosts moves there.

I’m guessing PC port of Death Stranding.

D.Final

Banned
I think it can only be 2 things.
O The Last of Us Part 2 is postponed (perhaps even until May 2020), or Ghost of Tsushima will not be released exclusively for PS4 but also for PS5 by the end of 2020.
(or a third option, Death Stranding is announced for PC)

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Can't see it relating to GoT, I mean the thing has never had a date so if it was getting pushed back to PS5 launch why announce that now? Just fold the news into the big new platform announcement.

Death Stranding is basically done, so that's not getting delayed. They just made a firm commitment to TLOU2 launch date and ND seemed really confident that it'd be ready on time. The MP mode on the other hand seemed to far out from completion to be worth mentioning, so I cant imagine enough has changed for that to be repositioned, especially when the reception to the campaign reveal was so positive.

Dreams getting its full release earlier than expected seems possible, as evidently its close.

There have been persistent rumors of an unannounced PS4 title floating around for awhile now, which I'd suspect may involve Japan Studio as they've been fairly quiet.

Wild is still in development afaik, so that might show up at some point.

Whatever Bluepoint is doing remains a possibility too, but again I'd suspect that will be held over for the PS5 build-up.

Insomniac could have something to show, they've always run two large studios so it seems possible that they will have been doing something in tandem with Spiderman.

I'd imagine Guerilla and SSM will be full steam-ahead on PS5 stuff, and just don't fit the timing. So I'd discount their involvement.

Bend have just finished Days Gone, so will be between projects. I guess a PC port of DG would be possible given its UE basis, but I'm not sure how that would work strategically for Sony. Especially given its less than exceptional critical reception.

Other than that... I really have no idea what Sony would want or need to announce at this point. The reality is that they've got more than enough lined up for 2020 already.

Fbh

He said unexpected so I'm guessing Death Stranding as a whole was a troll game and it was actually hinting at Knack 3 which will launch on November 8. They then upload a 40 minutes video of Kojima explaining all the little details that were hinting at this. BUT THEN, once you finish Knack 3 it's actually revealed that he never left Konami, has actually been working on MGS VI all this time and Knack 3 (and by extension Knack 1 and 2) have all been a teaser. In the same announcement it's also said that people who get the platinum in Knack 3 should "keep their eyes open", which is quickly discovered to be related to a weird blinking the Dualshock 4 LED makes when getting the platinum for the game, which is then found out to be morse code that translated into certain directions. Through some further hints by Kojima people realize this is connected to P.T (which, nevertheless, is not made available again as to reward the most loyal fans), by walking in these specified directions you hear the "alert" sound from Metal Gear which is then followed by the door opening and Knack standing there in full Solid Snake costume, at which point he speaks with the combined voice of David Hayter and Kiefer Sutherland (like fusions in Dragon Ball, because yeah Toriyama is involved too) and says "kept you waiting, huh?". The same original PT Norman Reedus trailer then starts playing but it now has additional scenes because it's finally revealed that it was always MGSVI.
Norman appears the same way he did in the original trailer but now he carries one of those DS babies which he drops, shattering the glass it is in. We think it will die but instead it starts to grow until it turns into none other than Tommy Lee Jones who we now learn will play "angry old Snake". Right as we think this odyssey is finally over, we get one final scene with a man showing his back to the camera, we hear Snake saying "Otacon?" and then we see this man turning around revealing the face of.... Kevin Spacey?. But wait, wouldn't it be bad press to have Kevin Spacey in this?, except it's then revealed the whole scandal was orchestrated by Kojima and never actually happened. What we had all missed is that is that if you took the time to figure out the social security number of the Ex wife of Spacey's Lawyer, and then turned those numbers into letters you'd get ..... "LaLiLuLeLo"

Or you know, could be that Bluepoint game.

Last edited:

Kacho

I think he was banned here (before the split) due to spreading false rumors or false sales numbers. I don't remember which one.

This is accurate

He’s one of those insiders that’s super vague. Generally only confirms stuff other insiders say.

demigod

This is accurate

He’s one of those insiders that’s super vague. Generally only confirms stuff other insiders say.

No, that would be Jason. Being a mod at era has the advantage of getting fed info like mods here at GAF back then.

TBH this is how I'm leaning. But I still don't think it's gonna be PS5 exclusive.

Instead I think they've been leading with PS5 on Ghosts, and they're doing a scaled-down port for PS4 and Pro. And they'll lead with PS5 in marketing and probably not even mention PS4 or Pro in the adverts.

It'll probably release day-and-date with all three versions though.

GymWolf

I'm gonna eat my shoes if the news is about tsushima being a ps5 title, that game graphic has nothing of next gen, he's not even prettier than rdr2...

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'm gonna eat my shoes if the news is about tsushima being a ps5 title, that game graphic has nothing of next gen, he's not even prettier than rdr2...
He doesn't afraid of anything though.

But I imagine everything we've seen so far has been running on PS4 anyway.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
For me it would be “unexpected” and pleasantly surprised if get some new game from Studio Japan. I also don’t mind hear some news for Ghost of Tsushima since I’m looking forward to that game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Venuspower

Is not there a mysterious Sony 1st Party Studio in LA San Diego?
When these news first popped up a few years ago people were
saying that this studio is working close with another LA-Based Sony Studio.
At that point rumors were starting that this new studio is taking over the Uncharted IP from Naughty Dog.

I have not heard avout this studio anything since.

I highly doubt that this rumor has anything to do with a delay of Death Stranding or TLOU PII.

€: This studio is not in LA. It is based in San Diego.

€: Here is one Tweet from early 2018:

Last edited:
Top Bottom