• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen - Extended Gameplay Presentation Released

This looks awesome and if it was called "Dark Souls IV" and was made by company called "From Software" the hype would be insane.

Second half of this year is very busy and I am pretty sure it will be a bloodbath, many developers are gonna be unhappy getting lost in the shuffle...

Baldur's Gate III
Atlas Fallen
Immortals of Aveum
Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon
Starfield
The Crew Motorfest
Lies of P
Mortal Kombat 1
Cyberpunk: Phantom Liberty
Payday 3
RoboCop: Rogue City
Forza Motorsport
Assassin's Creed Mirage
Lords of the Fallen
Alan Wake II
Marvel's Spider-Man 2
Alone in the Dark
Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden

Yeah, the back half of this year is pretty loaded, there's a buncha smaller titles like Blasphemous 2 and others bringing up the rear as well.

Is Elden Ring dlc dropping this year too?

Neolombax

I kind of expected more, the reveal trailer was amazing. Also it seems to lack impact? Dont know how else to express this,movements look a bit janky.

Yes. Seems like it.
Design Stay Safe GIF by DIVE INN - Die Innovationsagentur

Looks pretty good to me. I actually enjoyed my playthrough of the first game though. It was far from perfect but it was a solid Souls clone at the time.

The only thing that I don't like, and this is also an issue with the Souls games is how enemies commit to some big attack launching through the air so you roll to avoid the attack but the enemy auto aims in mid air changing the direction of their attack. You could see it several times in the gameplay video linked here. Not a big gripe in the grand scheme of things but it has always irked me with all these games as combat is supposed to be the focus. Anyway, looks good otherwise!

fart town usa

Gold Member
Watching it right now. This looks dope, it really has the FromSoftware look to it. Some of the attacks in that first fight, lol, directly lifted from Elden Ring.

I plan on getting it. It looks solid as hell to me, pretty stoked for this to release.

//DEVIL//

Man. I can never for the life of me enjoy these type of Soul games. I have always been a Ninja Gaiden fan type. fast action game or even games like Ghost of tsushima. these games are just slow and boring and annoying.

Hope this game is coming to Game pass or something. ill try it there because there is no way I am going to pay full price for this game.

Last edited:

Pejo

Crazy how this went from lords of the fallen 2, to THE lords of the fallen, to just lords of the fallen again
Ok that explains it, I was like "I swear this game came out years ago".

The game looks VERY inspired by FROM stuff, but we'll have to see how it plays and feels. I feel like they still don't understand the atmosphere/ambiance in a souls game though, and the animations feel a bit slow.

Is there going to be a demo, anybody know?

Raven77

Looks decent. A complete rip off of Elden Ring, which is good, I wish more games borrowed from it.

Gameplay looks a bit stale, hits don't seem to have much of an impact. Graphics are underwhelming.

BUT I'm a sucker for souls like games so I'll try it.

Aion002

This looks awesome and if it was called "Dark Souls IV" and was made by company called "From Software" the hype would be insane.

This is unfair... Lords of The Fallen (2014) was the first Souls like game from Deck13, it was quite bad, but Deck13 learned from their mistakes with The Surge 1 and 2... However, this new game is not being made by Deck13, it is the first game of Hexworks a new studio founded in 2020.

The game seems interesting, but it also carries the baggage of being a "sequel" of a terrible game and being developed by a new studio.

The hype not being insane is expected.

I am hoping for the best, but if this game ends up being terrible I won't be surprised.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
Looks pretty good to me. I'll keep an eye on word of mouth once it lands.

Though, seems they're locking the Dark Crusader class behind their special edition, which I'm not a fan of.

april6e

I'm confused on whether this is a reboot or spiritual sequel. But anyhoo, as someone who didn't play the originals because they looked generic and uninspired, this upcoming game looks completely different. It legitimately looks incredible so I hope it can deliver.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
HARD PASS. It looks like they almost learned nothing from the very first game when it comes to combat and character movement - I mean, sure, you can jump and all, but everything else feels like straight from the first game with some tweaks here and there.

DavidGzz

An early Christmas gift. I think this looks amazing. This will get me through the end of the year and then early next year we get Dragon's Dogma 2!

Lux R7

looks amazing, i'm sure i'll have so much fun with this. All the mechanichs of the lantern seem interesting.
Also, damn yt compression, i want a 4k uncompressed version of this video.

Am I crazy thinking that elden ring looks better graphically despite the engine and generation upgrade?
From what I’ve witnessed, high profile Japanese developers usually make sure that their animations are top notch or at least charming/quirky enough so that things don’t appear too stiff. Graphically though they usually come in second or third place.

It’s why games like Street Fighter 6 or Armored Core 6 look the way they do, but then play and animate amazingly.

HARD PASS. It looks like they almost learned nothing from the very first game when it comes to combat and character movement - I mean, sure, you can jump and all, but everything else feels like straight from the first game with some tweaks here and there.
That’s odd considering that this is an entirely different studio with an entirely different design philosophy. This already looks faster than LoTF 1 which is a good thing.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I hope there's a offer where I can be reimbursed the amount I spent on the original so that it can be put towards what looks like an actually fun game. The original was the worst £3 I've ever spent.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
That’s odd considering that this is an entirely different studio with an entirely different design philosophy.
And it doesn't look like they've made a game worth buying and playing, at least for me and it's fine, not every game should / needs to be.
This already looks faster than LoTF 1 which is a good thing.
Still, I'm looking at gameplay, art design, visuals and I don't want to touch it, even for free. Atlas Fallen looks more interesting to me, but I reckon it'll have its own problems related to open world structure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom