• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen will support FSR3, DLSS 3 and Ray Tracing

Draugoth

Gold Member
The upcoming Soulslike game by CI Games, Lords of the Fallen, is set for its release and from what’s visible, the game will support Nvidia DLSS 3 Frame Generation as well as AMD FSR 3.0 at launch.

Apart from this, the game uses the latest generation of Unreal Engine 5, which is a game changer. Lords of the Fallen will use the new global illumination system – Lumen, which is far superior to the older methods. Not only this, the game is integrated with UE5’s Chaos Physics, and hence we will see a major difference when it comes to the simulation of characters and their clothing.

The screenshot (embedded below) is taken from Lirik’s Twitch stream. Lirik is a popular streamer who has got his hands on Lords of the Fallen’s first wave of early access. The information wasnt officially confirmed.

Screenshot-Lords-of-the-Fallen-1024x482.png

Source

Mister Wolf

These guys making me want to buy their game. Thanks to Lumen we should now see a lot more games on console with raytraced lighting.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Game is not a looker on console, atleast in performance mode. Low resolution upscale with fsr probably, performance problems, dull lighting and missing shadows/ AO makes some scenes looks super bland

Game is not a looker on console, atleast in performance mode. Low resolution upscale with fsr probably, performance problems, dull lighting and missing shadows/ AO makes some scenes looks super bland
PS5 footage is available, and while not super extreme PC setting parity - it actually looks great.

clarky

Gold Member
Wait is this out already? Thought it was later in the month for some reason.

Last edited:

Zathalus

Unreal 5 with Lumen? I assume this drops to 720p on console as well. Hopefully they don't have stutter issues on PC. Layers, Remnant, and Immortals of Aveum had none so I hope that trend holds.

phvk

Neo Member
The combat and movement is extremely floaty and lacks a sense of physicality in the animations when you attack an enemy and their reaction to being hit. I tried it out for 30 mins a few days ago and couldn’t get over that. I refunded it.

Top Bottom