• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD FSR 3 Frame Generation Can Be Enabled In Any Game Supporting NVIDIA DLSS 3 With a New Free Mod

Bernoulli

M2 slut
AMD FSR 3 frame generation is setting out to be a game-changer, and from today it is possible to test out the technology in games that support NVIDIA DLSS 3.

The mod developed by Nukem9, which can be downloaded by going here, essentially allows users to enable AMD FSR 3 frame generation with any game that supports NVIDIA DLSS 3. The modded implementation is not as good as the official implementation, as there are stability and noticeable visual issues. Still, this is a great development that could potentially make AMD's frame generation tech in games that will never support it natively.

AMD FSR 3 frame generation is setting out to be a game-changer, and from today it is possible to test out the technology in games that support NVIDIA DLSS 3.

The mod developed by Nukem9, which can be downloaded by going here, essentially allows users to enable AMD FSR 3 frame generation with any game that supports NVIDIA DLSS 3. The modded implementation is not as good as the official implementation, as there are stability and noticeable visual issues. Still, this is a great development that could potentially make AMD's frame generation tech in games that will never support it natively.

Yes but 90% of people wouldn't want to do that because 90% of people are Nvidia users.

Well Done Reaction GIF

CamHostage

I'm not sure I get this, why would you use FSR3 in a game supporting DLSS3, since DLSS3 has frame generation too? Is DLSS3 or features of it still locked to certain NVIDIA cards?

*EDIT* Asked and answered, thanks SNG32 and also Bernoulli.

DLSS3 Frame generation can only be used on 4000 series cards. FSR 3 Frame Generation can be used on 3000/2000 nvidia series cards. If you have an older gpu under the 4000 series cards FSR 3 is the way to go to have access to frame generation.

Last edited:

SNG32

I'm not sure I get this, why would you use FSR3 in a game supporting DLSS3, since DLSS3 has frame generation too? Is DLSS3 or features of it still locked to certain NVIDIA cards?
DLSS3 Frame generation can only be used on 4000 series cards. FSR 3 Frame Generation can be used on 3000/2000 nvidia series cards. If you have an older gpu under the 4000 series cards FSR 3 is the way to go to have access to frame generation.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The way the article read like AMD did all the work. Gread work by the mod community is always.

I didn't get a chance to read as I am not home, but it would be pretty cool to get this to work with emulation as well

LiquidMetal14

Now that I have a 4070 and DLSS I've learned just how few games actually use it.
You are on the forefront of new technology. It was like this when Ray tracing come out. Then there is more titles now than there has ever been. My point is not to expect a fairly new technology to be incredibly widely adopted right off the get-go. Hence the reference to Ray tracing when it first came out. It's getting there and certainly mods like this are a great help to spread that advancement to everybody.

proandrad

No because 3090 doesn't support DLSS3 Only supports up to 2. Something I believe.
Incorrect, the whole point of the mod is to give frame generation to nvidia cards that didn't support it. The 3090 does support DLSS 3 it just doesn't support nvidia's frame generation. DLSS and Frame Generation are 2 different settings. The mod allows nvidia cards to enable dlss with FSR3's frame genteration.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I tried framegen on avatar and no thanks. It feels absolutely awful to play.

Will give cyberpunk a shot but im not optimistic.

Buggy Loop

Haven't followed up, but did they ever fix FSR 3 and Gsync / VRR ?

I would never trade Gsync for FSR3

Why AMD is important in this space. They make general solutions to things NVidia makes proprietary to specific cards.

I really don't care about proprietary / open source wanking when the copycat is the equivalent to this.

Last edited:

Elysium44

Banned
Doesn't seem to work for me with WRC Generations, I installed the mod and it popped up a window on starting the game to show it was running but the option to select frame generation is still greyed out in the game's settings. (This is with an RTX 3060.)

Same with Forza Horizon 5. Or do you not need to change it in the game's settings, it just works anyway? The readme doesn't say.

edit - I see you need Hardware Accelerated GPU scheduling enabled in Windows first, which I didn't.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
You are on the forefront of new technology. It was like this when Ray tracing come out. Then there is more titles now than there has ever been. My point is not to expect a fairly new technology to be incredibly widely adopted right off the get-go. Hence the reference to Ray tracing when it first came out. It's getting there and certainly mods like this are a great help to spread that advancement to everybody.
It is almost 3 years old.

Tried it with Darktide on a 3090. Went from around 70 to about 105fps. Not a bad jump and latency increase wasn't too noticeable. What was noticeable tho was the UI towards the edges of the screen glitching out :messenger_grinning_sweat: Not bad as a proof of concept I guess, will likely work better with games tested and tweaked for the mod.

Couldn't get it to work with RoboCop.

Last edited:

Elysium44

Banned
Tried it in FH5, made a big difference to the benchmark result although it isn't really usable because it makes the picture wobble about too much and there are glitches with your car being drawn twice. Luckily this game performs well without it anyway.

C0XhiNO.jpg

SKy65a8.jpg

kiphalfton

Of course there are more titles than there's ever been. That's how basic addition works.

LiquidMetal14

Good proof of concept but apparently too many artifacts right now.
As is the FSR way. I love this kind of stuff but will wait until if/when it gets to where it needs to be.

This kind of stuff is hard to do when something like DLSS3 is made to work for a specific game and some TLC goes into it he ce why we see it's superior result.

If this can continue to fill he gaps that would be great.

Garibaldi

I've bumped my Cyberpunk to path tracing now with this (3090). More than playable for me using DLSS balanced. The rear of the cars at speed looks crap but on foot is fine imo. I'm having no issues with enjoying the gunplay on a modded very hard mode

Top Bottom