• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Sphear: new details on story, world, battle system and characters

sn00zer

Hmmmm really love the concept art for the characters, but doesnt seem to translate at all to the game itself.

EDarkness

Really diggin' the look and art of the game. Though, I do wish they would have taken more risks with the in-game assets. Still, no problems with what they're showing. Looking forward to playing the game next year.

redcrayon

He uses mysterious weapons called “Bits” that do everything from attack to defend while being controlled with magical power. It is not a weapon anyone can use, as it quite difficult to master, but is controlled through outstanding concentration
This reminds me of the spheres from the Phantasm horror films.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
This world is created by Memories.

By living, people become Memories of the planet, which is how this world takes form. Even now if there are memories from the everlasting remote past, those are Memories of this moment as well. And when Memories are lost, their existence is also erased. That is what people call “Lost.”

Things that are Lost originally could not be restored by the power of humans. This way of things was supposed to stay the same throughout the generations. However, a young man who uses the power of Memories appears in the world. That young man’s name is Kanata. Whether he will bring hope or new despair to the world is something that remains to be seen.

But there is no mistake that Kanata’s journey surrounding Memories that is now beginning will have an impact on the world.

This is a Square Enix game you don't say?

ResourcefulStar

Neo Member
They should just cut out the middleman and call her Luna already.
The name is pretty blatant already. Lumina is plural of lumen, Latin for light, and Roman poets frequently used the word to refer to celestial bodies.

Using a plural form of a neuter noun as a girl's name is weird, though. At least it's not a genitive of a feminine noun being used as a male name (Noctis).

Aters

Sounds so boring and it looks bad too. Glad there's another SE RPG on Switch that I can look forward to. I hope we can see more of 8-way traveller or whatever it's called at E3.

Marow

I think my biggest issue is that everything seems like I am Setsuna, but not as charming. I loved the setting and general atmosphere of Setsuna, so this seems really bland to me.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I really liked Setsuna and it seems like this is fixing at least one of my 2 main issues with it - the repetitive environments. Hopefully the dungeon length has been reduced too, since some of the later Setsuna areas were total slogs with few save points. And hopefully the story is as poignant as Setsuna was in spots, what they have revealed so far is very DQ7ish.

Some new screenshots + boxart:
Lost-Sphear_Jul242017_01.png

Lost-Sphear_Jul242017_02.png

Lost-Sphear_Jul242017_06.png

Lost-Sphear_Jul242017_07.png

Lost-Sphear_Jul242017_10.png

Lost-Sphear_Jul242017_13.png

Lost-Sphear_Jul242017_14.png

Lost-Sphear_Jul242017_25.png

Lost-Sphear_Jul242017_29.png

Lost-Sphear_Jul242017_21.png

Lost-Sphear_Jul242017_30.png

Lost-Sphear_Jul242017_05.png

Lost-Sphear_Jul242017_11.png

Lost-Sphear_keyart02.jpg

Lost-Sphear_Box_PS4.jpg

More here: http://www.rpgsite.net/news/5835-square-enix-shares-new-screenshots-for-lost-sphear

Exentryk

Can use mechs in combat and exploration. I bet they're the "airship" in this game.

Variety in areas looks good.

Top Bottom