• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Batman Arkham

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
playing this right now great stealth combat story physics mart hamil is the best joker of all times asylum in my top 15 ever

batman-asylum1_1468767c.jpg

batman-arkham-city-joker-henchmen-harley-quinn-abramovici-twins.jpg

MarkMe2525

I caught it late with me first playing the remaster on Xbox one. I think that's why it hasn't hit with me like it has many other.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa
Asylum is the worst of the 4 games imo. Still a good game until City came out though.
While the increased sense of scale with City and Knight are amazing, there's still a special magic to Asylum's Bioshock esque exploration of Arkham Asylum, it's special precisely because it was more intimate.

The Arkham games are overall some of my top favorite things about gaming from the last 15 years, such good times, I cringe when I look at what Rocksteady is doing now with that Suicide Squad game.

Last edited:
While the increased sense of scale with City and Knight are amazing, there's still a special magic to Asylum's Bioshock esque exploration of Arkham Asylum, it's special precisely because it was more intimate.

The Arkham games are overall some of my top favorite things about gaming from the last 15 years, such good times, I cringe when I look at what Rocksteady is doing now with that Suicide Squad game.
& the older they get, the better they get, particularly when compared to what passes for triple-games now...

Rockondevil

Love them all for different reasons.
Replaying them again and just finished Asylum last weekend and probably half way through City now.
Looking forward to Origins next.

Valt7786

Asylum was truly just...something else when it released. My first ever platinum and I really wish I could forget I've ever played it so I could go through it again for the first time.
I hope if it ever gets a remake it gets one that does it true justice.

& the older they get, the better they get, particularly when compared to what passes for triple-games now...
They do, especially Arkham Knight, being one of the last AAA games before Woke really started to take hold.

It still looks amazing to this day too despite being close to a decade old already, which speaks to the diminishing returns of recent years.

Arkham Knight is the best out of all
A lot of people hated it at the time but it earned scorn for the PC release being broken at the start.

Some people also thought too much time is spent in the Batmobile's tnak mode.

But people seem to have really come around to it now as it's so refreshing when compared to similar games that are coming out now.

Trilobit

Arkham Knight is the best out of all

While Asylum is my favourite, I must say that they really nailed the Batmobile in Knight. Often when these kinds of games insert vehicles it becomes the worst part of the game, but the route they went with the tank-car was very cool. The sense of speed and destruction was impressive.

DeepSpace5D

I love Arkham Asylum personally, but those Predator and Combat challenges can go eat a bag of dicks. I remember they gave me a good challenge back in the day when I first started trophy hunting. Excellent main game though.

Vick

They do, especially Arkham Knight, being one of the last AAA games before Woke really started to take hold.

It still looks amazing to this day too despite being close to a decade old already, which speaks to the diminishing returns of recent years.
Exactly.

What a mastercrafted game that was, and the essential Season of Infamy DLC made it the ultimate Batman simulator. Work of art of a game.

Also we talk all the time about Rockstar or PS Studios care for polish and production values, level of detail etc. but Rocksteady with this game was just right up there.
Knight is actually better than many Sony exclusives I've played in this regard, one of the most consistent games ever bar none.

While Asylum is my favourite, I must say that they really nailed the Batmobile in Knight. Often when these kinds of games insert vehicles it becomes the worst part of the game, but the route they went with the tank-car was very cool. The sense of speed and destruction was impressive.
Not only that, Batmobile combat controller-in-hand felt superb. Yeah there was alot of it, but just because it really did felt amazing, and challenging.

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
These games still blow away the spiderman games. They have such an incredible atmosphere. Mark hammil and Kevin Conroy were 2 of the best voice actors out there.
I still haven't finished the first SpiderMan game after having started a file on the original on PS4 and then again on PS5 version... both times it's just not engaging enough to stick with. I also have a Miles Morales file that I started for about an hour and thought I'd come back. I'll never buy Spider Man 2, because I've seen enough of these devs and they've clearly further diluted the game with their own bs with each entry.

But the Batman games... even unaltered and with the original graphics I think they'd all 3 be in the top 5 games of 2023, and probably for the next 10 years as well. The gap in quality versus similar franchises, even Spider Man, is exponential.

So I'm at the end of the main story of Knight now (on PS5). Crashed on me once and I got stuck in a building once.

I'm glad that I bought it (esp for $4) but I can see why this ended up being the last game in the series. I'm not sure what else they could do with it.

I even didn't mind that they use the Batmobile a lot (although there's plenty of Fighting and Predator parts too) There is one part near the end where it gets kinda hard if you didn't upgrade the Batmobile much though...

So now I'm really at the end of the main story of Knight although haven't accepted the final mission yet.

The last couple of the side quest combat missions are sorta tough, lol.

Top Bottom