• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Disney's The Nutcracker and the Four Realms

Cyberpunkd

So kids are on TV and iPad ban, except family activities (getting owned in Mario Kart 8) and watching movies together.

So New Year’s Eve rolls around and I am thinking what we can watch. Randomly see the Nutcracker movie and since we are big fans of the ballet (the kids even saw it live) we thought to give it a go.

The sets are incredible, probably the most magical decor I saw for a long time. Girl playing Clara is also rather good, Keira Knightley gets props as well for sticking to her guts - that woman has absolutely no breasts.

I checked the reviews later and saw it was actually negatively reviewed since it doesn’t ‘resonate with the modern audience’ - I was thinking if you film a 120 years old ballet you kinda know what you are getting into, maybe I was wrong…

There is a hip-hop version as well so I will check it out if I need my ‘modern audience’ fix.

Anyone watched the movie?

Top Bottom