• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Hot Wheels Unleashed - The Best Arcade Racer In A Decade

Hemingwayoffbase

Gold Member
I love arcade racers, but they have been seriously lacking in the past few years. Racing sims are great for anyone who wants them. Gran Turismo and the like certainly have an audience, but I’ve always felt like they’re just too impenetrable. Kart racers are excellent too, but those aren’t the same thing as arcade racers in my mind.

I’m talking actual cars speeding around wild tracks and burning rubber as they trade paint. Low skill floor, high skill ceiling. For my money, one of the best ever was Split/Second back in the 360 era.

I thought this was a dead genre until I recently checked through my ps plus games and saw that I got this a few months ago. I didn’t think much of it at the time but I decided to give it a whirl.

HOT DAMN THIS GAME IS AMAZING!

Excellent (and very unrealistic) physics, gorgeous graphics, tons of unlockable cars, and it runs like a dream! Why haven’t more people talked about this game? The sequel comes out in October and it went from something I couldn’t care less about to one of my most anticipated games in one of the most stacked years for gaming ever!

Anybody here ever play it? If you haven’t, I highly suggest giving it a go.

I love arcade racers, but they have been seriously lacking in the past few years. Racing sims are great for anyone who wants them. Gran Turismo and the like certainly have an audience, but I’ve always felt like they’re just too impenetrable. Kart racers are excellent too, but those aren’t the same thing as arcade racers in my mind.

I’m talking actual cars speeding around wild tracks and burning rubber as they trade paint. Low skill floor, high skill ceiling. For my money, one of the best ever was Split/Second back in the 360 era.

I thought this was a dead genre until I recently checked through my ps plus games and saw that I got this a few months ago. I didn’t think much of it at the time but I decided to give it a whirl.

HOT DAMN THIS GAME IS AMAZING!

Excellent (and very unrealistic) physics, gorgeous graphics, tons of unlockable cars, and it runs like a dream! Why haven’t more people talked about this game? The sequel comes out in October and it went from something I couldn’t care less about to one of my most anticipated games in one of the most stacked years for gaming ever!

Anybody here ever play it? If you haven’t, I highly suggest giving it a go.
I didn't really care for Hot Wheels, but I'd strongly suggest Wreckfest if you haven't tried it yet.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Started hot wheels and ended up playing and finishing GT7, everyone knows hot wheels psone was the shit. To me hot wheels gets overshadowed by boring sim racers.

John Bilbo

It's a great template for a bit more fleshed out game.

The net code is atrocious for some reason and we couldn't play it on the net with my friends even though we loved the game.

Top Bottom