• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Marvel Snap: I’m addicted

RCU005

I don’t really like playing mobile games. I only like smaller, silly games to pass the time. (I feel big, AAA games should also be on consoles).

I didn’t even know Marvel Snap existed until I saw a random post on Facebook about how awesome it was, so I got curious and downloaded it. I didn’t even know it was a card game!

Let me say, whoever made this game is evil! I loved collecting superhero cards when I was a kid (nothing too serious, though) and I know for many people is a big hobby. So I started playing it and I really like the game mechanics. It felt like a short tik-tak-toe kind of game. It’s fun to play and very easy to understand.

But the cards! I was like “I want them all!” But of course I knew that’s the gatcha in the game. I realized I’ll never have a big collection because I don’t think I’ll spend money on it. In fact 99 dollars only gets you ONE card!… well, and a profile avatar yei! It’s a ripoff! But anyway, I believe you can still get many cards without actually paying so it’s all good so far!

So I keep playing having fun, and suddenly I can upgrade the cards! I do one and it says “FRAME BREAK” what? So now I want all of them with frame break! After many more battles, I was thinking that this is the perfect game for the bathroom, the airplane, for waiting someone, for playing it with someone! It’s really a great game!

Then, I upgrade a card further and it’s 3D!! What!! Yo can have the cards in 3D?! At this time I knew I wouldn’t be letting go of this game anytime soon. I’m having fun AND I get to collect 3D cards?! I’m in for the long haul!

The next day, the game told me I could upgrade the Iron Man card but I thought it was a mistake or a duplicate because I already had it in 3D. So I did anyway and it comes ANIMATED!!

I mean, have you seen a more addictive loop than this?

Then, every time you play with someone that has a card that you haven’t seen, the game mocks you so that you keep playing to get it!

This game is just great! Short enough battles to make it great for short sessions, but still engaging and makes you plan the strategy every game.

I even think that they should release a physical version. I think it could work!

What a great surprise this game was for me. Short and Sweet and perfectly balanced the joy-time ratio. Developers knew exactly how addictive this game was, either from the gameplay and of course the card collecting.

Have you played it and what did you think about it?

Last edited:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Played one game and haven’t returned. It was alright, I guess. Nothing special. And I’m way too busy grinding away in Mighty Doom. Now that shit is pure cocaine.

Coconutt

Right there with you, only mobile game that is turned me into a whale.
whale GIF

Little Mac

Currently in pool 2 trying to rank up. Having fun with a Kaz-Okoye deck where you basically save all your one drops, except sunspot, for the last turn. I'll try to find the YouTube video that explains it in detail if anyone is interested. What decks are you guys running to climb the ladder?

Gp1

After some heavy shitty life events I can say that this game helped me at least to get distracted...

with my Odin White Tiger reveal deck

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Great game, though too RNG heavy right now. Over 1600 collector level here.

After some heavy shitty life events I can say that this game helped me at least to get distracted...

with my Odin White Tiger reveal deck
Strong but very predictable deck. You must hate Cosmo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gp1

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Right there with you, only mobile game that is turned me into a whale.

How can you "whale" in this game? There little competitive advantage (if any) at paying to slightly speed up card collection.

Played one game and haven’t returned. It was alright, I guess. Nothing special. And I’m way too busy grinding away in Mighty Doom. Now that shit is pure cocaine.

So you played against a bot at the lowest card pool and felt that you had seen everything the game has to offer?

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
So you played against a bot at the lowest card pool and felt that you had seen everything the game has to offer?

It's a mobile card battler. I got the gist of it. Didn't interest me that much. Offended? Let me tell you about the other 5000 mobile games I've fired up once, never to return to again.

Saiyan-Rox

Bundle pricing is a joke. 50-100 dollars for a few skins and tokens is as scam. I do pay for the season passes as that cost seems reasonable.

Same season pass is worth it to support the game I actually enjoy but those bundle prices as you say are a joke.

They must be on crack.

Started playing this game while traveling this weekend as my Steam Deck wouldn't charge and figured I'd see what mobile games were out there. Incredibly fun.

I love the "Snap" feature. Basically, if you think you have the match in the bag, you can double the amount of progression points on the table to win/lose. Your opponents can also do this, forcing you into risking more. You can retreat to avoid losing more points before the end of the match.

Alternatively, nothing feels better than seeing your opponent Snap, only to wipe the floor with them and steal their progression. Muahahaha!

Top Bottom