• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neo Gaf I’m devastated…

ToadMan

Destiny was the only thing keeping me gaming.

8cd16137-d501-4624-bd78-d12219157307_text.gif

Last edited:

StueyDuck

My Destiny account has been banned and all my stuff is gone…

Few weeks ago my steam account was hijacked (thanks to Comcast breach). I got it back quickly but made a fatal error, I neglected to boot off logged in users…

I go to log onto destiny last night and my account was banned…. Been in Apple Vision Pro land for a few weeks so didn’t notice (happened on the 2/9 looks like). Looking at my played games someone was playing pvp and guess was cheating (no clue how to tell really).

Now I’m sure I can appeal the ban, and I have started the process but thats when I noticed the worst thing. All my upgraded exotics, crafted weapons and god rolls have been deleted…

I don’t think I can come back from this Neo Gaf…. Think I’m done with Destiny even if the account is unbanned.

Pour one out for my poor warlock, 1000s of hours down the drain…

Pour One Out Malt Liquor GIF

Maybe this will rekindle my love of single player games down the line.
Same thing happened to me and my apex legends account.

EA wouldn't give me any time to try fix it so I said fuck them, Uninstalled and never played again.

StueyDuck

The ageless tale. “Somebody” hacked my account and cheated on it. Who cheats on Destiny lmfao, you got caught bruh. Move on.
It 1000% happens.

Why would someone cheat on an account that they pay money on? Risk losing all their steam games and so on.

Think before you post. Cheaters use burner accounts.

reinking

Gold Member
The ageless tale. “Somebody” hacked my account and cheated on it. Who cheats on Destiny lmfao, you got caught bruh. Move on.
Bruh, how can you ask who cheats in Destiny and then accuse him of cheating in Destiny???

Good luck Warnen Warnen . Sucks to leave a game behind that you invested so much time (and money) in but maybe a gaming reset will be better in the long term.

I was about 150 hours into Destiny 1 when I broke away. It's actually quite liberating. I grew an appreciation for action JRPGs and now they're mostly what I play in-between the Sony first party games.
I'll be playing FF7 Rebirth, Tales of Arise and Granblue going forward, along with Helldivers 2. You should probably move over to Helldivers 2, take baby steps. Bungie helped with the game.

SkylineRKR

Abandoning this game is actually a blessing. I played the vanilla game a lot until I got rid of it and I never looked back. Its a cycle of shit.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member

Few weeks ago my steam account was hijacked (thanks to Comcast breach). I got it back quickly but made a fatal error, I neglected to boot off logged in users…

I go to log onto destiny last night and my account was banned…. Been in Apple Vision Pro land for a few weeks so didn’t notice (happened on the 2/9 looks like). Looking at my played games someone was playing pvp and guess was cheating (no clue how to tell really).

Now I’m sure I can appeal the ban, and I have started the process but thats when I noticed the worst thing. All my upgraded exotics, crafted weapons and god rolls have been deleted…

I don’t think I can come back from this Neo Gaf…. Think I’m done with Destiny even if the account is unbanned.

Well…that fucking sucks. Thanks for the horror story…I just went and changed my Steam email address for the first time in a zillion years.

Alebrije

It sucks but it's a chance to move from that crap Game. It was a great IP was My firsth Game on PS4 since I got the Destiny edition PS4.

Now You can explore other worlds....

aclar00

Digital is the future!

All seriousness, how is a digital, presumably server based item, deleted? Does Destiny allow you to give your purchased or earned items to other players or something?

Edit: Or can you sell it for in-game currency or something?

Last edited:

DeepSpace5D

Ouch…I’d probably quit as well if most of my good weapons got deleted. Feel your pain, but on the bright side you will have time for a lot more individual games now.

Or you could just bite the bullet and continue with what you have left, ride it out with The Final Shape and however much longer the game gets supported. That’s a real bummer though.

Is it possible to use an authenticator app with Steam? I use 2FA for my PSN with an authenticator and the account seems pretty safe. Could just be naivety on my part though.

Stay strong Guardian.

Tomeru

As a recovering destiny addict (from the first beta) - you fucking won the lottery. Rejoice.

Edit:
My account is not banned, and you can delete every character (I tried). I think Im going to need to delete all my gear manually.

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

That sucks. Do something fun to cheer yourself up. By yourself a piece of cake. And then I guess it is time to delete destiny. Sorry to hear OP. But maybe it is for the better.

Phase

Looks like they don’t give back deleted items no matter what.

Yeah think I’m just done played that game for nearly 10 years…

Prob take a break from gaming for a while and go back to single player games.
Spoken like a true gamer.

incomparablyme GIF

Generic

It does and was set up, Comcast was hacked and someone got access to the email I was using at the time. Reset the info on me. I got my account back within few hours. My mistake was didn’t kick users logged in already as I assumed resetting my info fixed that.
Doesn't Steam 2FA requires a mobile phone number for access?

DaciaJC

Gold Member
That sucks, bro, losing an account that you poured so much time into is always rough. But sometimes good things can come out of it! You might end up finding another hobby or even just a different game that feels more satisfying or fulfilling.

panda-zebra

Maybe it was the only thing keeping you from enjoying other games.

Also...

Hello I'm the father and what my son says is true, he did not cheat, it was his brother on my account a hacker. Please unban him valve Bungie

sincerely the father

Pls unban

yikes. sorry to hear that. but yeah, look on the bright side. like a lot of other posters already mentioned, now you're free to play the other hundreds, if not thousands of games you probably have in your back log. just start with something light/short, relaxing and work your way up to bigger games later.

and of course, if they do unban you and you need help with grinding gears again, I'm here to help too. but I'll only be helpful with PvE stuff thou :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
thanks for the support all, really does make me feel better. Should have quit long ago might just be the push I needed.

baphomet

All that stuff is useless.

If it didn't happen like this it would have happened in a year or two when Destiny 3 releases.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!

Look I get it, but if a human looks at my account stats and sees over 2000 hrs logged and maybe 50 of those have been in pvp in 7 years. Suddenly I’m playing trails cheating it’s gotta show that it wasn’t me. Honestly not even worried about the ban, I’m sure it will be over turned once I can actually talk to a person. The gear is the problem, don’t got it in me to grind 100s of hours again. Why delete every fucking hand cannon I had? What kind of monster was this person….

Top Bottom