• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lunacid (kingsfield like) is great.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

I got this in a humble bundle a while ago and just last week fired it up on Steam Deck. This game has captivated my cooch. It’s so good. Feels like a love letter to the old FromSoft games but also feels modern. Great enemy design. Great level design. Nice OST. Nice build variety. Runs great on Deck but Ive also been playing on my desktop and it’s even better with m+kb. Thought I would take a moment to shill for it because I never see anyone talk about and it’s one of the best games Ive played this year. If you like those old FromSoft games this is 100% worth your time. Sadly the bundle it was in is over but you can probably get a really cheap key for it if you look.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Dev did this stunt on twitter about him adding pronouns just to mess with people, thought "fuck that shit" and deleted it from my wishlist.

I know, separate the art from the artist and all that, but in this case it was so blatant that I decided I wouldn't give my money to that kind of person.

Glad to read it was on a bundle already so soon after release, guess the stunt didn't work and it didn't sell very well.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Yeah, this game is brilliant. Played it earlier this year and it's probably my second favourite game this year, only behind another quite similar game (Northern Journey)

I'd never heard of Northern Journey before, thanks for mentioning it!

I own Lunacid but haven't dove in yet, definitely going to though, looks amazing!

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Dev did this stunt on twitter about him adding pronouns just to mess with people, thought "fuck that shit" and deleted it from my wishlist.

I know, separate the art from the artist and all that, but in this case it was so blatant that I decided I wouldn't give my money to that kind of person.

Glad to read it was on a bundle already so soon after release, guess the stunt didn't work and it didn't sell very well.

I refunded it when I found that out. Was about to pass the two hour mark too. At least if it was stated as an option for inclusivity, I could ignore it. Dev actively stated he did it just to piss off people. Nah, sorry kiddo. Not going to give you my money because you wanted to act like a clown.

I'd never heard of Northern Journey before, thanks for mentioning it!

I own Lunacid but haven't dove in yet, definitely going to though, looks amazing!
Northern Journey is really good and super atmospheric. Just be prepared that it's combat heavy and the combat can be tricky. I've seen it called janky but I disagree, it has a learning curve due to the bizarre weapons. Bosses can be ballbreakers too.

The fact one guy made it was consistently impressive to me.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
The wacky pronoun stuff is unfortunate but it’s only at character creation, easily ignored. The Souls games have “body type A/B” instead of male and female, too, but not going to boycott From over it.

The game is good and worth picking up.
Exactly. Same with Starfield. It lasts 2 seconds and you never think about it ever again. I remember you suggested this game to me months ago. I’m still hoping for a console port one day.

Hypereides

Gold Member

I really don't understand why some developers can't make pronouns an optional toggle to appease both sides. Obviously, not everyone is going to feel receptive about this. So, why force it upon people?

Anyway, game looks great. Glad to see more dungeon crawlers like this start to sprawl up from the indie scene.

Hudo

Hell yeah, it is! But it also made me wanting a new King's Field game by From. Dark Souls, Elden Ring et al. are cool but they're not scratching the same itch.

FewRope

It's really fucking good, the closest we are going to be to a new King's Field or Shadow Tower. Full of fucked up secrets too, so good

There's just something about the slow-paced...everything in King's Field I just love so much even with it's shit ton of flaws. This might be worth picking up.

Gameplay loop and vibe is incredible. Dread Delusion is another recent indie that is in the same quandrant.

We need more games with this pacing and this ambiance.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’m just taken back to a simpler time. I honestly think Kings Field might have been my first video game impulse purchase. I remember having birthday money burning a hole in my pocket and I just wasn’t leaving the store without a game. The case sold me. The big black PS case.

When I booted the game up, I remember being terrified by it. Not because of jump scares, it was the atmosphere. The darkness. The unknown.

Simpler/better fucking times.

Might be in my top 5 gaming purchasing decisions. I think about the game all the time.

Hohenheim

I’m just taken back to a simpler time. I honestly think Kings Field might have been my first video game impulse purchase. I remember having birthday money burning a hole in my pocket and I just wasn’t leaving the store without a game. The case sold me. The big black PS case.

When I booted the game up, I remember being terrified by it. Not because of jump scares, it was the atmosphere. The darkness. The unknown.

Simpler/better fucking times.

Might be in my top 5 gaming purchasing decisions. I think about the game all the time.
I wish FromSoft would do a remaster of the kings field games. I don't need better graphics, just a update on the controls. Tried a few of them on my Steam Deck via Emudeck, and the controls are just terrible now. Unplayable for me.
Kings field with the same controls as Lunacid, incl mouse/keyboard support would be awesome.

Top Bottom