• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madeleine McCann: suspect is helping police find her body 10 miles from where she was abducted

Insane Metal

Gold Member

Portuguese police have launched searches for Madeleine McCann’s body on the Algarve, according to Portuguese media reports.

The searches are said to have been conducted in wells in Vila do Bispo, a 20 minute drive west of Praia da Luz where the youngster vanished in May 2007.

Portuguese state broadcaster RTP says detectives discovered “fundamental evidence” to be able to prove suspect Christian Brueckner is responsible for her disappearance.

The broadcaster has also linked the German 43-year-old suspect to another missing persons’ case in the Algarve resort of Silves.

RTP reporter Sandra Felgueiras last week revealed Breuckner had been arrested on suspicion of exposing himself to children in a playground a short drive from Praia da Luz in 2017 when he was on the run from German authorities.

Fuck :(

dorkimoe

Gold Member
This is really good for the family in a sad way. There was no way she was alive and if she was it wouldn’t have been a happy life, but her family was accused and people believed the mom had something to do with it. This would give them peace.

nush

I still don't believe this, it's too convenient, he even has a "Pedo van" and I think it's just a way to close the case and stop throwing money away on it. He's already locked up for being a sex offender so they can pin this on him as well without having to prove anything too much. Maybe offer him a cell with a view and a nicer lunch tray if he cops for it.

They investigated him and found nothing already. But now he's a suspect? How? vague "Fundamental evidence" isn't an answer.

This is really good for the family in a sad way. There was no way she was alive and if she was it wouldn’t have been a happy life, but her family was accused and people believed the mom had something to do with it. This would give them peace.
No, fuck them . What ever happened to her is their fault and they don't deserve closure.

DKehoe

Horrible but at least it will hopefully give some sense of closure rather than the family always having to wonder what if.

Last edited:
No they don’t. That’s why someone else is apparently having to show the police where the body is. Were they irresponsible? Sure. But I have a hard time saying that means they got what they deserved.
Yes, they do. If you do even the slightest bit of research into this it will be apparent that they disposed of the body.

So how is someone else apparently able to direct the police to where the body is?
You mean the guy the Portuguese police investigated at the time of the 'disappearance' and ruled out as a suspect? Something tells me if he leads the police to a body it won't be the one they're looking for. More likely, the 'story' just disappears, like all of the other annual 'sightings' and assorted bullshit.

Last edited:

nush

You mean the guy the Portuguese police investigated at the time of the 'disappearance' and ruled out as a suspect? Something tells me if he leads the police to a body it won't be the one they're looking for. More likely, the 'story' just disappears, like all of the other annual 'sightings' and assorted bullshit.

Exactly, they already checked his "Pedo van" and found nothing. The levels of things going exactly this guys way so he could have gotten away with it would be unbelievable so much so that he'd have actually had to preempt a massive media circus and manhunt to avoid getting caught quickly.

"Fundamental evidence" I'd really like to know what this is.

Even if they book this guy for an abduction or murder it does not absolve the McCanns for years of contradictions and uncharacteristic behavior and profiting off their child's abduction. That shit does not just vanish.

Xplainin

Banned
Thought the parents left her alone in the room, while they went partying?
Not quite. They had dinner in the outside restaurant with some friends. It was pretty close to their room. They would check on the kids every half hour.
They wernt partying, and that does not excuse a fucking psycho breaking into their room and taking and killing their kid.

Not quite. They had dinner in the outside restaurant with some friends. It was pretty close to their room. They would check on the kids every half hour.
They wernt partying, and that does not excuse a fucking psycho breaking into their room and taking and killing their kid.
Good thing that didn't happen then.

Exclusive: The new prime suspect in the Madeleine McCann cold case is a "scapegoat", according to a former Portuguese detective who predicted today's significant developments more than a year ago.

Goncalo Amaral, who led the 2007 Portuguese police investigation when Madeleine mysteriously vanished, exclusively told Nine's hit podcast Maddie in April last year that British police were "preparing the end of the investigation, with a German pedophile who is in prison right now".

"He is probably going to be the scapegoat," Mr Amaral said in a rare interview with English-speaking media.

German and British police today dramatically announced an unnamed 43-year-old German man could be involved in Madeleine's disappearance 13 years ago.

The man is known to have been in and around Praia da Luz on Portugal's Algarve coast at the time Madeleine vanished on May 3, 2007.

The Metropolitan Police released photos of a campervan the German was said to have owned in Portugal, and two phone numbers used in a May 3, 2007 telephone call which started at 7.32pm and ended at 8.02pm.

Speaking on the Maddie podcast, in a 2019 interview that has accurately foreshadowed today's developments, Mr Amaral confirmed the German had been on the Algarve.

"He was investigated by the [Policia Judiciaria, Portugal's police] at the time [and] when the case ended they discarded him," he said.

"The trailer that he lived in was taken to Germany for testing but nothing was found there."

Mr Amaral said the German suspect was a convicted sex offender and was serving sentences in Germany unrelated the disappearance of Madeleine, arguably the world's most famous missing person case.

The former cop hit out at Operation Grange, the long-running $20 million London Metropolitan Police investigation for Maddie.

He alleged Operation Grange only had "one investigation line", and claimed it was blinkered to other possibilities about what may have happened in the resort where Madeleine was staying.

In September 2007, four months after Maddie vanished, parents Kate and Gerry McCann were declared arguidos, the Portuguese word for suspects, in the case.

Weeks later, Mr Amaral was thrown off the case after he was quoted in a newspaper criticising the involvement of British police and their lines of investigation.
He claimed he was the victim of external political pressure being applied on the Policia Judiciaria.

In 2008 Mr Amaral released The Truth of the Lie, documenting his five months leading the police investigation into Madeleine's disappearance.

The controversial book triggered a protracted and bitter legal battle with the McCanns. The 22-chapter work suggested a theory that Madeleine had died in apartment 5A, an abduction had been simulated and the three-year-old's body was somehow removed from the resort.

Mr and Mrs McCann have strenuously denied any involvement in their daughter's disappearance. Nine.com.au does not suggest they were involved in any way.

nush

It was pretty close to their room.

Bullshit. provable bullshit as well. You can Google streetmap from the apartment to Chaplins bar where they were drinking (Not a restaurant) to see how far it actually is. Do it for yourself in first person view and it's nothing near to "Pretty close".

Xplainin

Banned
Bullshit. provable bullshit as well. You can Google streetmap from the apartment to Chaplins bar where they were drinking (Not a restaurant) to see how far it actually is. Do it for yourself in first person view and it's nothing near to "Pretty close".
That's how I saw it reported. Haven't looked at maps myself.

Airola

If this is true and if they'll find some remains of a body that can be proved to be Madeleine, then FUCK OFF all of you who lay the blame on the parents.

I understand some accountability for the parents, but if this is true, then there was only one person who kidnapped a kid, maybe raped that kid and murdered that kid. These parents have been publicly accused of being pedophiles/killers/murderers for over a decade for something that someone else did. The person who kidnaps and rapes and murders is ALWAYS, and I mean A-L-W-A-Y-S the one to blame no matter what carelesness can be pinned on the parents. It's a fucking sad world where constant surveillance is required to avoid a kid to be raped and murdered, and it's even sadder that people are angrier at the parents who did a careless mistake instead of a monster who murdered a kid for his own pleasure.

If this is true and if they'll find some remains of a body that can be proved to be Madeleine, then FUCK OFF all of you who lay the blame on the parents.

I understand some accountability for the parents, but if this is true, then there was only one person who kidnapped a kid, maybe raped that kid and murdered that kid. These parents have been publicly accused of being pedophiles/killers/murderers for over a decade for something that someone else did. The person who kidnaps and rapes and murders is ALWAYS, and I mean A-L-W-A-Y-S the one to blame no matter what carelesness can be pinned on the parents. It's a fucking sad world where constant surveillance is required to avoid a kid to be raped and murdered, and it's even sadder that people are angrier at the parents who did a careless mistake instead of a monster who murdered a kid for his own pleasure.
A CARELESS MISTAKE??? Jesus.

Airola

A CARELESS MISTAKE??? Jesus.

Compared to what a person who goes and KIDNAPS A CHILD, and possibly RAPES A CHILD, and then MURDERS A CHILD, the actions of the parents are way way way way way way way WAY less troubling than that.
No-one god damned should take and kill a kid even if a person left all doors open and made a flashy sign in front of the door that says "here's a child", for fucks sake.

Have a god damned sense of proportion.

Compared to what a person who goes and KIDNAPS A CHILD, and possibly RAPES A CHILD, and then MURDERS A CHILD, the actions of the parents are way way way way way way way WAY less troubling than that.
No-one god damned should take and kill a kid even if a person left all doors open and made a flashy sign in front of the door that says "here's a child", for fucks sake.

Have a god damned sense of proportion.
There is zero evidence that any of that happened. You're demanding we compare their grossly irresponsible actions to an imaginary scenario. It's stupid. The sniffer dog that detected her blood in their car boot didn't make a mistake.

Airola

There is zero evidence that any of that happened. You're demanding we compare their grossly irresponsible actions to an imaginary scenario. It's stupid. The sniffer dog that detected her blood in their car boot didn't make a mistake.

I said if this is true and if they find remains of a body that can be proven to be Madeleine, then I stand behind every single word I wrote.
If there is now a dude who is telling where the body was left and if the police finds remains of the body because of that, then what else there is to say?

Last edited:
I said if this is true and if they find remains of a body that can be proved to be Madeleine, then I stand behind every single word I wrote.
If there is now a dude who is telling where the body was left and if the police finds remains of the body because of that, then what else there is to say?
What if, what if, what if. All of the evidence points directly at the parents. It's extremely rare that the culprit is 'the one you least suspect'. They were the Portuguese police's number one suspects. They refused to talk to the police. They lied. They contradicted themselves. They launched a smear campaign against the Portuguese police, gleefully assisted by the UK media, to portray them as bumbling incompetents.

This 'suspect' was ruled out of the investigation at the time of her disappearance. It will lead to nothing, just like it always does.

If I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat my words.

Airola

What if, what if, what if. All of the evidence points directly at the parents. It's extremely rare that the culprit is 'the one you least suspect'. They were the Portuguese police's number one suspects. They refused to talk to the police. They lied. They contradicted themselves. They launched a smear campaign against the Portuguese police, gleefully assisted by the UK media, to portray them as bumbling incompetents.

This 'suspect' was ruled out of the investigation at the time of her disappearance. It will lead to nothing, just like it always does.

If I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat my words.

This is a thread about these new news. I just got triggered by some posts implying that even if this is true then the parents are still the ones to blame.

We could have another thread discussing about the other theories, I'm very open to that too. From accidental death to Podesta involvement, I'm all for discussion of different theories, both the plausible and the insane ones. But in the context of this thread and possible new revelations I stand by my words absolutely firm.

Last edited:

Even if this turns out to be true I'll still blame the parents. As a parent your most important job is to look after your kids, fucking off to a restaurant is not part of that job. They may not have been the ones that committed the crime but their parental negligence enabled it and they should face some kind of punishment.

Xplainin

Banned
It's been reported that the suspect used to video his crimes. The German police found his stash of videos and photos that he buried with his dog.
They are saying that the police have video of him raping, torturing and murdering her.
That's why the police are saying that they know she is dead, and that he did it.

nush

It's been reported that the suspect used to video his crimes. The German police found his stash of videos and photos that he buried with his dog.
They are saying that the police have video of him raping, torturing and murdering her.
That's why the police are saying that they know she is dead, and that he did it.

Provide links and cite your sources.

Rien

Jelly Belly

Jesus Christ that is sickening if true ofc

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Dear lord I would never want to be subjected to a video like that. I feel for the psyche of those officers who have.

Poor little girl. Rest in Power.

Link?

BluRayHiDef

Banned
The FBI Files have taught me that abducted children are typically murdered a few days after they're abducted.

I just don't get how someone could be so depraved that they'd abduct, molest, and murder a child.

Any parent that leaves a 4 year old in bed and goes to a restaurant holds full responsibility for anything that happens to that child. Fuck the McCanns, they're despicable cunts.

I don’t even like to shut my 2.5 year olds door all the way and she’s in the room right next to us when we sleep. I couldn’t imagine leaving her in the house and going out to party. A lot of people just shouldn’t have children.

Daffy Duck

Funnily enough we’ve started watching the Netflix show about her, just got to episode 3 with the dogs....wow.

It’s so wonder where these new details will lead us and if we’ll ever actually get an outcome or it will be once again nothing.

I think the evidence must be pictures of her found on his memory sticks which were buried underneath his dog.

I can’t think of anything else what would be ‘significant evidence’ linking him to her disappearance.

Top Bottom