• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAGFest (Music and Gaming Festival) 8.5, September 12-14, Washington, D.C.

emag

(Well, Alexandria, VA.)

YouTube-based promo: Five Reasons to Go to Magfest.

When: September 12-14 (Fri-Sun) 2014
Where: Hilton Alexandria Mark Center
What: A 3-day Mini-MAGFest, with an attendance cap at around ~2000. For old times' sake.
Ticket price: $50

What is MAGFest 8.5?
MAGFest 8.5 is a celebration of the classic days of MAGFest. This new event (not replacing the upcoming MAGFest 13 in January) is a spiritual successor to MAGFest 8, and seeks to be an event that relives the style of a smaller and more intimate festival experience. Join us for 3 days of non-stop 24-hour gaming, concerts, panels, and guests, old-school MAGFest style. Tickets and hotel rooms are limited, and may not be guaranteed available at the door.

Console%20Room.jpg

Arcade.jpg

Marketplace.jpg

Concerts%20(Metroid%20Metal).jpg

The last few annual (January) MAGFests were moved to National Harbor, MD, from the Alexandria Hilton Mark Center location as the number of attendees exploded from about-1,000 in 2009 to over-10,000 in 2014. This "mini" MAGFest moves back to the Hilton and a smaller (capped) attendance.

Personally, I like video game music covers as much as the next person, but I go primarily for the retro games, arcade games, and tabletop gaming area. I'm not affiliated in any official capacity with MAGFest, BTW -- just wanted to spread the word (and hopefully get more boardgamers to show up).

Petrie

Banned
Is there a thread for MAGfest 13 in 2 weeks, because I'm super hype and would love to meet up with some Gaffers.

Top Bottom