• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Making of - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Coflash

Making of - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion AKA

flvxulB.png

Cool video though, if only everything he said were true and/or made it into the game.

Gargus

Banned
"Here at Bethesda during the making of oblivion like all of our games our first priority is to fire our playtesting team and we try to promote as much equality as possibly so our engine developers we hire are homeless people directly from the back alleys of Haiti and our debugging team are only senior citizens rescued from retirement homes in Mexico. Yes today here at Bethesda we show you how we strive to make the games you love the worst possible experience we can. Because you know our motto "so what, fuck you" is what we stand by"

This was one of those games that left an lasting impression on me. One of those games that really wowed me. The gorgeous landscapes, the many quests and locations...all in HD. Not even mentioning the excellent score by Jeremy Soule. Many people have been critical of Bethesda's use of the Gamebryo engine, and the bugs that came with it, but a game of this scope running generally fine is a kind of a miracle at the time of release.

By far my favorite game in the series.

Melon

Banned
Oblivion is, in my opinion, the best game out of The Elder Scrolls series. I started playing it when it came out, and I still play it routinely to this day. I find this game comforting and relaxing in a nostalgic sort of way. The soundtrack is second to none. The graphics are wonky, yeah, but I see it as part of its charm. And don't get me started on the quests. Oblivion objectively has the best main questline AND side quests out of the series as well; the dark brotherhood and thieves guild quests especially. The game can be buggy as hell, but again, I see it as part of the game's charm. My love for this game will never falter. I have never loved a game more than Oblivion, and I don't think that'll ever change.

I know people love to hate on Bethesda/Todd Howard, but Oblivion will always have a special place in my heart. I got LOST in it. I still listen to the OST regularly. It is god-tier. And I like to replay it to this day.
Same. I'm replaying it for the umpteenth time at the minute. And I have the soundtrack on my phone.

Top Bottom