• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airliner MH370 was 'shot down by the US military', former airline CEO claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

U2NUMB

I mean.. if that was true we would have some evidence floating up on a shore right? That alone pretty much says it was not the case. But then again a normal crash into the ocean would also leave that evidence... damn this is crazy that we have no idea really what happened to it.

direct evidence would be easy for the US to clean up without a trace given the known and unknown technology the military possesses, circumstantial evidence and a history of similar events can't be hidden so easily.

there isn't any evidence to support this notion; now if someone wrote an article theorizing about this accusation it would hold more water.

Gimme ten minutes.

Amir0x

Banned
direct evidence would be easy for the US to clean up without a trace given the known and unknown technology the military possesses, circumstantial evidence and a history of similar events can't be hidden so easily.

It's not evidence. It's not even CIRCUMSTANTIAL evidence.

If you do not have evidence, you don't believe nonsense. Full stop. Stop trying to fill in the limits of your knowledge with diarrhea. It doesn't change the fact your knowledge is still empty, it just makes it smell like shit too.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Word has it that there is some major evidence that is going to surface on Christmas Day, regarding this claim. It doesn't seem to be insane rambling or baseless speculation.

Source

Definition of CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE
: evidence that tends to prove a fact by proving other events or circumstances which afford a basis for a reasonable inference of the occurrence of the fact at issue

I feel the outline I provided meets the standards of circumstantial evidence.

MIMIC

Banned
Hmmmm.....never heard of Diego Garcia before. But I don't think it was shot down. But who the hell knows what happened to this damn plane.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood

If you do not have evidence, you don't believe nonsense. Full stop. Stop trying to fill in the limits of your knowledge with diarrhea. It doesn't change the fact your knowledge is still empty, it just makes it smell like shit too.

Freenudemacusers has made a very convincing case, and likening it to various forms of defecation is uncalled for and quite frankly disgusting.

Fularu

Banned
Wasn't the main theory behind the TWA800 crash that the US military shot it down?

So it wouldn't be the first time that theory was used. :p

Derwind

I try not to automatically discount people, however, if you identify sources but at the same instance you dont reveal sources, I call bullshit really quick.

Even if its true, you could do a lot better to convince people by shedding names, numbers, times and locations of your sources, instead giving us the "there was this one guy..." spiel.

Going by the article, he has absolutely nothing of merit to say.

When I saw the train I thought it's the plane that got shot down in Ukraine and was like "WHAT????".
Then I red the story and was still like "WHAT????"

for everyone dismissing this, where is the evidence that this isn't true with 100% certainty?

Seriously, it's just his beliefs, and you gotta respect his beliefs. If you can't prove that he's wrong, then his view is just as valid as anyone else's. Who are we to judge?

this is all sarcasm, right?

Amir0x

Banned
Definition of CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE
: evidence that tends to prove a fact by proving other events or circumstances which afford a basis for a reasonable inference of the occurrence of the fact at issue

I feel the outline I provided meets the standards of circumstantial evidence.

It's not circumstantial evidence to say the US is testing lasers. That's like saying "the US has navy ships, therefore any boat in the ocean that is damaged must have been done so by the USA." That's how fucking stupid it is.

It's not circumstantial evidence to say the US shot down a passenger plane in 1988. None of the same players are in place, none of the same locations, none of the same technology you're asserting, none of the same reasons or even potential causes. You have zero connection to this incident at all, except that it's the same country you're trying to blame. In order for such conclusions from circumstantial evidence to be relevant, it must logically derive from an analysis of the facts. There is no way Malaysia Airliner being shotdown by a laser in the Indian Ocean by the USA logically derives from some passenger plane being accidentally shot down 30 years ago in totally different circumstances. It's absurdity defined. That's like saying contemporary slavery must be run by the USA because once long ago the USA was a big supporter of the slave trade. Circumstantial bro.

I don't even fucking know how to answer your third one it's so stupid. This fucking idiot "expert" saying he thinks something is no more valid a piece of evidence than me walking out and saying aliens abducted JFK. He didn't witness anything, he wasn't there, he has no evidence, he admits it's just his random ass belief. Jesus christ.

Please, I know you believe this schtick is cute, but please you have brain cells. Utilize them.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
It's not circumstantial evidence to say the US is testing lasers. That's like saying "the US has navy ships, therefore any boat in the ocean that is damaged must have been done so by the USA." That's how fucking stupid it is.

It's not circumstantial evidence to say the US shot down a passenger plane in 1988. None of the same players are in place, none of the same locations, none of the same technology you're asserting, none of the same reasons or even potential causes. You have zero connection to this incident at all, except that it's the same country you're trying to blame. In order for such conclusions from circumstantial evidence to be relevant, it must logically derive from an analysis of the facts. There is no way Malaysia Airliner being shotdown by a laser in the Indian Ocean by the USA logically derives from some passenger plane being accidentally shot down 30 years ago in totally different circumstances. It's absurdity defined. That's like saying contemporary slavery must be run by the USA because once long ago the USA was a big supporter of the slave trade. Circumstantial bro.

I don't even fucking know how to answer your third one it's so stupid. This fucking idiot "expert" saying he thinks something is no more valid a piece of evidence than me walking out and saying aliens abducted JFK. He didn't witness anything, he wasn't there, he has no evidence, he admits it's just his random ass belief. Jesus christ.

Please, I know you believe this schtick is cute, but please you have brain cells. Utilize them.

If you know he's trolling then why did you write all that.

HariKari

Mr Dugain asked how “in our technological world” a 63 metre-long object could disappear without a trace, suggesting there must have been a deliberate effort to hide evidence.

The ocean is big?

As with everything, a cover-up when this many people are involved is just not realistic.

You haven't really disproved the possibility though; I guess well have to agree to disagree.

Amir0x

Banned
CHEEZMO™;144452038 said:
If you know he's trolling then why did you write all that.

because it's fun why else!

freenudemacusers said:
You haven't really disproved the possibility though; I guess well have to agree to disagree.

lol. Disprove the possibility that Obama is a Reptile Lord. I'll wait. (Wait, you actually probably believe something like that)

There really isn't a preponderance of circumstantial evidence indicating he is a reptile. Now whether or not he is a citizen of the us is a different matter. Where there's smoke there's fire, as they say.

Draper

I don't really trust my government and since this helps to reinforce that notion, I have no choice but to accept it as fact.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
the Malaysia Airlines plane was the victim of a high-tech hijack, with hijackers commandeering the plane’s electronic communication and navigation systems electronically rather than simply by force.

North Korea preparing for SPE hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom