• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manor Lords surpassed 100,000 concurrent players within hours of release, and now it's the global top seller on Steam

DaGwaphics

Man this game released few hours ago after years of development by one guy
You didnt had any players, and it's also available on game pass
Those are crazy good numbers

Wow. It's crazy that one guy could build a modern game from start to finish. That kind of dedication deserves the success, props to him.

I'll have to try it out since it is on GP.

Emedan

Well deserved. The dev is a good guy and he understood there was a big hole in this genre - us RTS fans have been speaking about this kind of game for 15 years. Other one is mix between Europa Universalis and Total War, big studios just retarded and don't make it.

Mortisfacio

Anyone trying to play this game? Tried playing it but I can't control any of the people. They just stand around and talk to each other. lol

Without a tutorial, it's not the most intuitive to start, but it gets better. The people aren't selectable like in a normal strat game, you have to build a building then assign a family to it. Given jobs, the people will start moving around based on job function. It was a bit rough for me to start, but I'm enjoying it now that I understand wtf I'm actually doing a bit more.

Topher

Gold Member
Without a tutorial, it's not the most intuitive to start, but it gets better. The people aren't selectable like in a normal strat game, you have to build a building then assign a family to it. Given jobs, the people will start moving around based on job function. It was a bit rough for me to start, but I'm enjoying it now that I understand wtf I'm actually doing a bit more.

Strange. I'm pointing and clicking all over these people. I'm thinking my game might be glitched.

bbeach123

Anyone trying to play this game? Tried playing it but I can't control any of the people. They just stand around and talk to each other. lol
Game lack shit ton of tutorials and information (detail stats ) .There are a lots of hidden mechanic the game dont tell you , the only way to know is playing others game(same genre) or watching youtube's tips and guide .

If you never played the genre I recommend watching the whole playthrough on youtube / tons of guide before trying . Or spend like hundred of hours trial and error .

But all in all I think the game pretty chill/ easy . You can do most things wrong/fucked up shit and could still having fun . Just not as efficient as experienced players .

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

Strange. I'm pointing and clicking all over these people. I'm thinking my game might be glitched.

You "Should" be able to just build and families not assigned will go build the stuff. Once built, you'd then click on the building and assign

F1ywjuK.png

The actual families themselves aren't selectable, but the buildings are. I spent too long trying to select these people because I'm used to games like Age of Empires, StarCraft/WarCraft, C&C, Empire Earth, etc.

Last edited:

Tomi

Game is awesome
It will hit over 200k for sure on steam this weekend!
It's only in early access and reviews are very positive on steam, almost 90% people love this game

nemiroff

Gold Member
How does it work, can you stream PC game pass to a laptop? My slimbook wont run this.
You can, especially because mouse and keyboard support was added recently, but for Manor Lords the button for cloud play appears to be missing AFAIK. If so they'll probably add cloud play for it at some point later.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Wow. It's crazy that one guy could build a modern game from start to finish. That kind of dedication deserves the success, props to him.

I'll have to try it out since it is on GP.

The developer brought in freelance contractors and hired people for QA

‘one guy’ is quite the stretch, but people like these kind of stories.

sono

couldn't figure out how to get weapons or even raise taxes to hire a militia, and the game is now giving me a countdown until I'm raided by bandits. Also some rival baron is fighting me for land, but I can't see the battle and I don't have an army anyway. It just says 'losing'.
Isn't that part of what you expect a beginner to experience playing a new rts

Majukun

it's on gamepass, might give it a try, but what is the selling point exactly?
Isn't that part of what you expect a beginner to experience playing a new rts
user interface should avoid as much as possible people being utterly lost

Last edited:

Tomi

Over 170k now...
I really like the game, you can see its in early access, but a lot of content is in it and cant w8 to see improvements in coming months

Top Bottom