• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 update includes suit collab and fan favorites, available June 18

A brand-new, free update for Marvel’s Spider-Man 2* is upon us and it’s bringing eight new suits to Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 – including some new designs and returning favorites from previous games. This update, dropping on June 18, also addresses some community feedback and adds stability improvements to the game.

First, we’re delighted to fully unveil four new suits created in partnership with Colm Dillane, AKA KidSuper, and some special guest collaborators. Evenly split between the Spider heroes, these are new takes on Spidey suits designed from the ground up by KidSuper, Vini Jr, Lando Norris, and Rina Sawayama. Check them out – along with some notes from each designer!

Metro Suit (Miles Morales) – Designed by KidSuper

Fashion designer, Colm Dillane, AKA KidSuper, created the Metro suit for Miles Morales, which comes with additional variant suit styles: red on black, classic Spidey, and teal on purple. KidSuper not only partnered with us to make these suits, but he also worked closely with our special guests to design their suits!

“The puffer design you often see in my KidSuper collections and the exclusive ‘original’ colorway! We came up with designs that felt super original, like something only we could pull off.”
– KidSuper

Ginga Suit (Miles Morales) – Co-designed by Vini Jr. and KidSuper.

Professional Football player Vini Jr. wears his inspiration on his sleeve. A love letter to Brazil and the beautiful, global game of Football, the Ginga suit features a design and default colorway reminiscent of both: a sporty look for Miles Morales with a black, green, yellow, and blue shader. Of course, this suit also features added styles: red on black, classic, and gold on white.

“I wanted it to be a celebration of Brazil’s culture and people. I just love the overall design because it has the energy and action that I associate Spider-Man with, but it’s beautifully mixed with some Brazilian flair. Which makes this suit super special and different from others.”
– Vini Jr.

Fluro Suit (Peter Parker) – Co-designed by Lando Norris and KidSuper

Motorsports phenom Lando Norris is all about moving fast. Paired with the high-speed action of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, Norris’ suit reflects the pace – wholly inspired by racing, complete with a helmet and overalls familiar to those who burn rubber across global circuits. The Fluro Suit features its own suit styles with some variants such as a classic color scheme, white on black, and pink on blue.

“The main inspiration for the design was the feeling of speed. I also wanted to incorporate racing elements and materials like carbon, along with my trademark Fluro colour, which you can see throughout the suit. The carbon style effect on the suit is my favourite.”
– Lando Norris.

Motorchic Suit (Peter Parker) – Co-designed by Rina Sawayama and KidSuper

Singer/Actress/Model Rina Sawayama delivers a badass motorbike look to Spidey’s locker. Decked out in all leather, the Motorchic suit gives Peter Parker a revved-up design unique from any other in Marvel’s Spider-Man 2. The suit features other variants as well: a classic color scheme, black, and gold.

“I really wanted to explore my love of fashion whilst making this suit and what we ended up with I think encapsulates that, it’s fun, practical, edgy and chic. I personally love the metal detailing across the suit, it still feels like what I envision as classic Spider-Man but adds a more rugged feel. It looks pretty heavy duty and like it would stand up very well in combat!”
– Rina Sawayama

We’re also thrilled to announce four fan-favorite legacy suits from Marvel’s Spider-Man and Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales are being added to the game! Based on community requests, these four suits are being retrofitted for Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, including two for Peter and two for Miles. See what’s in store below!

Last Stand Suit (Peter Parker)

Donning a red leather jacket, the Last Stand suit is a highly requested fan favorite coming to Marvel’s Spider-Man 2! Now updated with our suit styles, the Last Stand suit gets a more classic variant, full black, and an Arachno-Man-inspired yellow and green.

Into The Spider-Verse (Peter Parker)

Inspired by Peter B. Parker’s design in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, this iconic look adds a Spider-verse flare to Peter Parker’s wardrobe. Enable the Film Style Animation mode via visual settings to get an even more authentic, filmic look!

Animated Suit (Miles Morales)

Miles gets a little animated. We’re adding Miles Morales’ Animated suit to Marvel’s Spider-Man 2. This suit is reminiscent of classic cartoons and comics of old.

Uptown Pride Suit (Miles Morales)

Complete with a gold trim, the Uptown Pride suit is a beloved favorite from Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales that’s making its way to Marvel’s Spider-Man 2! This time, the Uptown Pride Suit gets added colorways: silver trim, black on red, and blue on pink.

Finally, our latest update brings stability fixes to the game and addresses some player feedback, such as the ability to swap out your parry and traversal abilities from the Symbiote to Spider Arms, and vice versa. This update, version 1.003.000*, will be available on June 18th, so keep an eye out for it!

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
All look crap.

Also "Ginga Suit" !!!!! yikes yall 2024 and gingerists are allowed to show their hatred so openly wtf!!! literraly shaking rn. to all the gingers of the industy, know that you are welcomed, you have allies. take a moment to show any marginalized gingers in your industry they are not alone. they are welcome. toxicity and gingerists are not welcome in this safe space, and if that bothers you FITE ME FISIKLY BITCH this industry is fxcked!!!!

kiphalfton

Gold Member
All look crap.

Also "Ginga Suit" !!!!! yikes yall 2024 and gingerists are allowed to show their hatred so openly wtf!!! literraly shaking rn. to all the gingers of the industy, know that you are welcomed, you have allies. take a moment to show any marginalized gingers in your industry they are not alone. they are welcome. toxicity and gingerists are not welcome in this safe space, and if that bothers you FITE ME FISIKLY BITCH this industry is fxcked!!!!

giphy.gif

• LOL
Reactions: stn

Gambit2483

Half of these look like trash. No wonder they are giving them away for free. I hope they didn't actually pay real money for those collabs.

Lambogenie

The collab suits are shit. Like Miles' update from a few years back.

Would be sick to get more tokusatsu design.

Edellus

Free suits on top of hundreds already available.

GAF: THESE ARE ALL TRASH. NO WONDER THEYRE FREE

I hate this game and it jaded me for life in terms of Sony AAA future plans but my god can we not be always miserable.
I lost hope on people not trying to shit as much as possible on everything they not like slightly, even on stuff they have no interest on. Sharing misery, as you say. But those comments are usually very shallow and one dimensional, very easy to disregard and ignore since they have no substance. They are basically tweets.

All look crap.

It's so hard for me to know when a comment is sarcasm or not sometimes...holy shit.

proandrad

I lost hope on people not trying to shit as much as possible on everything they not like slightly, even on stuff they have no interest on. Sharing misery, as you say. But those comments are usually very shallow and one dimensional, very easy to disregard and ignore since they have no substance. They are basically tweets.
This game has already been labeled as woke, so some will shit on it no matter what. Just play what you like and ignore the noise.

Gambit2483

I hate this game and it jaded me for life in terms of Sony AAA future plans but my god can we not be always miserable.
I love free content but I'm not going to pretend to like something just because it's free. The collab suits are an abomination that hardly anyone will use...why not dedicate that time and money to content that most people will actually like/use? But whatever, it's free so I guess I should not criticize..

tommib

Gold Member
I love free content but I'm not going to pretend to like something just because it's free. The collab suits are an abomination that hardly anyone will use...why not dedicate that time and money to content that most people will actually like/use? But whatever, it's free so I guess I should not criticize..
That tweet has 5K likes. Someone must like them. What do you mean most people won’t use them? They’re not for you, that’s for sure.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
It's coming next year. Tentatively titled "Marvel's Spider-Man 2: Venom", just like the Miles Morales DLC/Standalone sidequel.
Venom 3 hits theaters October 25th. Wouldn't be shocked if they showed a game trailer sometime around there.

Last edited:
Venom 3 hits theaters October 25th. Wouldn't be shocked if they showed a game trailer sometime around there.

Good call, goes with the marketing, to generate hype for both media. Just like they're holding off the completed TLoU Pt II PC port for the Season 2 TV show premiere.

Ah I'm not going to play that janky leaked build

Isn't the build that's currently playable the full complete ver, with completed assets datamined from the PS5 version dump, RagnarokIV RagnarokIV ?

Gambit2483

That tweet has 5K likes. Someone must like them. What do you mean most people won’t use them? They’re not for you, that’s for sure.
That tweet also features 4 good/great suits. I didn't say every suit was garbage. And yes, those 4 collaboration abominations aren't for me.

miklonus

It would be nice to see some story DLC.
Fuck these suits. Where the fuck is the (story) DLC?

Leads off with "I hate this game" and "it jaded me for life (in terms of Sony AAA future plans)" and ends with "can we not always be miserable".

?

iHaunter

All look crap.

It's free stop complaining over nothing.

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Good call, goes with the marketing, to generate hype for both media. Just like they're holding off the completed TLoU Pt II PC port for the Season 2 TV show premiere.

Isn't the build that's currently playable the full complete ver, with completed assets datamined from the PS5 version dump, RagnarokIV RagnarokIV ?
so-apparently-the-spider-man-2-assets-got-leaked-and-v0-bjnl5wojn8zc1.png

Our latest requirements from 5/5/2024, so I'm gonna make a quick resume of how we made everything: only i30.exe and DLL instances for it were leaked, all games has a PC version they work on, and optimize it for console later on, Luna Engine (Insomniac Engine) has DirectX11 native support, but Marvel's Spider-Man 2 assets weren't leaked, but encryption key was leaked, so we managed to extract and use the key on a bought copy of the game, when you use the key to decrypt, it gets decompressed from 100GB to 254GB, and then you can use Windows Compression or CompactGUI to compress it to 130GB-150GB.

We are working on it has 4 months, it took a week or two to make the game launch on PC, 150GB+ of textures were deswizzled from PS5, we implemented Havok Engine for PC, native PC shaders being worked till this day, and converted Atrac9 sounds to OPUS because they weren't working at all, in the upcoming months Mod Tools will be released and there's people working on awesome mods already released.

currently, game can be 100% finished without any issues.

Last edited:
Top Bottom