• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel cancels S.W.O.R.D. after 5 issues, solicits five Deadpool comics same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That not really true at all. DC and Marvel aren't very different in terms of numbers of releases. In fact Vertigo may tip DC over.

Quite frankly Marvel sells more becuase they have a more interesting universe, whereas DC has Green Lantern and that's it.

no freaking way is it more interesting, hell no!

KevinCow

Banned
Parallax said:
Im pretty sure thats rogue. Although i dont know why she has nightcrawlers skin and tail, its not like those are abilities or anything

You know, I've always wondered if touching Angel would make her sprout wings.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
platypotamus said:
I'm probably going to regret asking this, as a very lapsed comic book fan, but whats the story behind this every-X-man-in-one chick?

I dont know, but she's missing a gun...... i think its time for her to touch deadpool for another cross over:D

Raydeen

Now...I haven't really read many comics for about 10 year...but...

When did Frank Castle get turned into Frankenstien?!?!!?!?!?!?!111111111111111
A DAME TO GET KILLED FOR. When a widow hires Deadpool to avenge her husband and kill The Punisher, Wade Wilson follows a trail that leads him under the city of NY and headfirst into an army of monsters lead by the animated remains of his prey. What he finds is that FrankenCastle is already dead... but that doesn't make him any less deadly.

exarkun

That not really true at all. DC and Marvel aren't very different in terms of numbers of releases. In fact Vertigo may tip DC over.

Quite frankly Marvel sells more becuase they have a more interesting universe, whereas DC has Green Lantern and that's it.

Too true. and I feel bad for saying that.

PS Have there been any JLA arcs going on right now that are any good? JLA is/was one of my faves but since school started I haven't been able to afford/read any of it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Raydeen said:
Now...I haven't really read many comics for about 10 year...but...
When did Frank Castle get turned into Frankenstien?!?!!?!?!?!?!111111111111111

a few months ago when Norman Osborn put Castle on his List and then

sent Daken (wolverines son) after Frank and they had an issue long fight which resulted in Frank being chopped up into tiny little pieces, which leads into frankencastle....I'm hoping this is rectified soon.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Aha, I see what you did there... but no, not even close IMO.

Suairyu

Banned
lordmrw said:
I always thought S.W.O.R.D was a 5 issue limited series. Huh. The art is what turned me off, way too cartoony.
Naw, the first arc was five issues long. It was to be kinda Deep Space Nine-esque with an episode approach to storytelling.

To be honest, I haven't been much impressed with S.W.O.R.D anyway. Certainly some of Gillen's weakest writing output. That it was being released at the same time as Dark Avengers Ares and the ever-sublime Phonogram just highlighted its weakness.

Parallax said:
Im pretty sure thats rogue. Although i dont know why she has nightcrawlers skin and tail, its not like those are abilities or anything

Good lord. Covers don't have to have any bearing on whats inside the book. Its meant to give you a hint at what you'll find so we'll likely find Rogue dealing with her past powers. Don't be such a nerd.

Post-Civil war I haven't given a damn, so no. Not for me. They used events to ruin characters IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom