• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Comics for November 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomoment

Just wanted to saw WOW. This is probably the best art I've seen Alex Maleev do:

daredevil67.jpg

Ryu

That is indeed an awesome cover. However, though I love Daredevil a great deal, I'm really excited about this:

captainamerica1.jpg

Written by Ed Brubaker, art and cover by Steve Epting.

It's a new beginning as four-time Eisner-nominated Best Writer Ed Brubaker makes his Marvel debut, joined by white-hot artist Steve Epting. As the new regular creative team, they will take Cap's life in directions fans will never see coming. In just this first issue, the Red Skull lays the groundwork for his most devastating attack ever on Captain America and the land he holds dear...and with the Cosmic Cube in his possession, how can Cap hope to stop him? Find out in the shocking twist-ending.

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Nov. 17

Brubaker on Captain America = winner.

nomoment

Ryu said:
Brubaker on Captain America = winner.
Definitely.

As is Warren Ellis on Iron Man.

With Astonishing X-Men, the Avengers line shuffle, Millar writing Spider-Man and Wolverine, and the resurgence of JMS' Amazing Spider-Man, Marvel is having a banner year.

Ryu

Definitely. It's too bad the majority of all this new hotness doesn't start until November. :(

lordmrw

nomoment said:
Definitely.

As is Warren Ellis on Iron Man.

With Astonishing X-Men, the Avengers line shuffle, Millar writing Spider-Man and Wolverine, and the resurgence of JMS' Amazing Spider-Man, Marvel is having a banner year.

Pretty nice twist eh? I remember the big stink that went on when DC started signing creators exclusively left and right.

nomoment

lordmrw said:
Pretty nice twist eh? I remember the big stink that went on when DC started signing creators exclusively left and right.
True. It's a bit of kick in DC's face too, now that Marvel has lured two former DC exclusives to their offices: Ellis and Brubaker (who is not exclusive, but nevertheless).

However, DC still has Grant Morrison, Geoff Johns, and Jeph Loeb, whom are all inked to long term exclusive deals with DC. All are incredibly good writers, and I'm very sure, could write half of DC's characters without much problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom