• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Reveals First Transgender Superhero In "12 Year Old Mighty Rebekah" Comic.

Disney Plus’s new series Marvel’s Hero Project is used to show different youths that aim to make a difference. One such youth is Rebekah, a transgender 12 year old that intends to make a difference. As she put it, “I can change the world,” Rebekah stated in an episode of Marvel’s Hero Project when talking about the Mighty Rebekah comic, among other things.

It turns out that Rebekah and her family have participated in different programs like the Garden State Equality organization to help promote transgender people. They work together to give speeches and convince or persuade others that transgender individuals aren’t bad people like others make them out to be.

In fact, Rebekah even appeared in front of the New Jersey legislature in order to lobby for Assembly Bill 1335, a legislation which would mandate LGBTQ history curriculum in the school education systems.

“I’ve never seen myself in the history they’re teaching,” Rebekah brought up to legislators. She referenced various iconic LGBTQ figures as examples of people that could be taught about in such curriculums.
As it turned out, she made an impact. New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy responded and signed the bill. The LGBTQ lessons will begin next year.
In a new interview, Rebekah opened up a bit more about herself. For example, here’s what she said regarding being considered a Marvel superhero:

“It’s really surprising and cool. But I also think that it’s really important to have a transgender kid in one of these companies because representation is really helpful for kids who are going through their transition to know that they are not alone and that there are people fighting for them.”
clean.jpg

Another poor confused boy screwed over by their mother for woke points. Another "role-model" to "help" other transgender kids by getting them into the 50+% suicide bracket. Another time when Marvel tries to use its popularity to push pointless political agendas.

I know the North East is basically California but being 2 steps behind, but really, what history are you going to teach? It's not about history, they are going to teach propaganda, gender studies, and likely have a transition center in the nurses office to deal with kids "suffering" without parental consent most likely, oh wait that's already a thing. I guarantee like many other states or cities that the "history" education is a faux and there will be zero "history" education they just use that to get in past the objections in the city or state governments to pass bills.

What Hero is here? Why is this one a Hero and the other 30848305845409u5094u95u94u95u945u9 are not? Is this confused abused child somehow more special than the others? What does any of this accomplish?

Also his voice sounds like it's trying to go through puberty, but it seems that the mom isn't interested in that. It's hilarious because when HE gets older that voice is going to drop and I bet you the mother will be blamed for not paying attention, and the older child will dislike HIS voice so much that he becomes depressed and, well you get the picture. Actually the voice thing is actually a common problem for depression and suicide for trans kids when they get older, you'd think the woke mom would have done some woke studying if she wants to continue to abuse her child for agenda and personal gains.

Also the kid speaks like a robot but the moms going to sit there and lie saying they are a "natural" lol, ok. Beep Boop.

Moms been messing with the kid since they were 8, that seems to be a very common age for when moms decide to mess with boys gender. I guess that's the age where if you manipulate them just right their brains will be permanently scrambled into adulthood. Look at all this wonderful progress and inclusiveness that is happening guys. Won't you also screw up your kids? Even if you say no the state will do it anyway so it's ok, the state owns your children now. It's better for you to just do it yourself so the state doesn't have to waste time doing it for you, give your children their untested shots and chemical treatments with defects. Yum Yum.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Another awful afro thread more like.

It's one thing to be against comics like this and another to use a comic like this and a general most likely dislike from most people around here to push your own warped perception of things as fact.

You can't force a transgender to not be so by "explaining" to them that if they don't simply reorient themselves to what is deemed acceptable by the almighty afro they will inevitably be bullied to hell and back and prejudiced against and therefor more likely to commit suicide than other folks.

That's not how things work and it's the general society's prejudice and bullying that needs to stop, not people to stop doing what is best for them, as long as it's not hurting another.

Last edited:

Airola

Is her superpower being trans? (not gonna click any links or google it, or even read the first post fully, I'm putting as much effort to that as Afro is putting effort into checking if he's posting to the right forum)

That was kind of a super power in a movie called Nostril Picker (1993) where some dude turned into a woman when he picked his nose and he used that skill to murder women.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: TLZ

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
We truly live in safe times. We used to celebrate actual firsts like first woman in space or first black president.

Now corporations announce "first trans hero in comics" and the soy consumers open their wallets

1545307702902.jpg

So brave. Day one. Historic. I'm so proud of Marvel.

It's the Disney theme park of feelgood activism, buying indulgences from Rome for woke points and entertainment.

Alexios

We truly live in safe times. We used to celebrate actual firsts like first woman in space or first black president.

Now corporations announce "first trans hero in comics" and the soy consumers open their wallets

1545307702902.jpg

So brave. Day one. Historic. I'm so proud of Marvel.

It's the Disney theme park of feelgood activism, buying indulgences from Rome for woke points and entertainment.
Is someone forcing you to engage in it? Personally I didn't know there's such a series before this thread so ironically enough I only know cos of the opposing side looking to get pissed and if it was posted in the right forum I still wouldn't know so they sure don't come in my house to shit in my cereal or anything to get mad over.

Last edited:

McCheese

I do, no one will ever convince me that transitioning a minor kid is a good idea, let alone using media to encourage this.

But they made the kid into a superhero, all they had to do was give up their penis.

/breaks out into Ursula song

Jooxed

Gold Member
In regards to the comic I’m disappointed by some of y’all’s reactions because of something you do not have to indulge in.

You do know we have a couple transgender folks that participate with us on this site right ?

On the other side I tend to agree that 13 is a little too young to be going through the stuff they are going through. I have a niece about that age a little younger, that says she wants to be like the boys and cut her hair short and doesn’t like barbies and wants to play with slime and stuff, but we would never entertain her having the extremes this family did.

Also his voice sounds like it's trying to go through puberty, but it seems that the mom isn't interested in that. It's hilarious because when HE gets older that voice is going to drop and I bet you the mother will be blamed for not paying attention, and the older child will dislike HIS voice so much that he becomes depressed and, well you get the picture. Actually the voice thing is actually a common problem for depression and suicide for trans kids when they get older, you'd think the woke mom would have done some woke studying if she wants to continue to abuse her child for agenda and personal gains.
This is kind of pathetic actually, you laughing at the voice thing while acknowledging it is a common problem that leads to depression and suicide.

Alexios

In regards to the comic I’m disappointed by some of y’all’s reactions because of something you do not have to indulge in.

You do know we have a couple transgender folks that participate with us on this site right ?

On the other side I tend to agree that 13 is a little too young to be going through the stuff they are going through. I have a niece about that age a little younger, that says she wants to be like the boys and cut her hair short and doesn’t like barbies and wants to play with slime and stuff, but we would never entertain her having the extremes this family did.
Well, tomboys are a thing, it doesn't have to mean anything more than the girl just not wanting to be a housewife or whatever patriarchy enforced role. I'd hope many more girls are like her these days. A trans girl (as in, born with boy parts) can still be a tomboy, or gay, that's not what it's about.

But I have no reason (or motive like some others around here) to speculate this family didn't go through a wholly different situation to yours or didn't get appropriate help from psychiatrists and what not before deciding to go ahead with these measures while trying to do what's best for her.

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
Another awful afro thread more like.

It's one thing to be against comics like this and another to use a comic like this and a general most likely dislike from most people around here to push your own warped perception of things as fact.

You can't force a transgender to not be so by "explaining" to them that if they don't simply reorient themselves to what is deemed acceptable by the almighty afro they will inevitably be bullied to hell and back and prejudiced against and therefor more likely to commit suicide than other folks.

That's not how things work and it's the general society's prejudice and bullying that needs to stop, not people to stop doing what is best for them, as long as it's not hurting another.
No one cares and I'm sure most transgenders would rather keep it secret instead of shouting about it from the rooftops.
Also get woke, go broke.

This is kind of pathetic actually, you laughing at the voice thing while acknowledging it is a common problem that leads to depression and suicide.

I mean if that's how you want to read it you can, but that's not what was in what you quoted. It actually called out the mom for only going half-way into the agenda which will impact her child which she clearly doesn't care about.

One of which would agree with the OP.

I have no reason to speculate this family didn't go through a wholly different situation to yours or didn't get appropriate help from psychiatrists

Sure if you ignore facts and statistics.

the number one question that children should be asking themselves is whether or not they are even human

encourage your kids to explore the possibilities of what they can be regardless of what nature has enforced on them

i always wanted to be a twix candy bar, but society said no

it is a blessing what comic books and sweden has given us

GreyHorace

Riiiiiiggghhhhht.... Marvel publishing a book nobody is going to buy. Because their main audience are in it for the superheroes and not LGBTQ topics. And don't expect the Far Left Marxists to support this book because they don't read comic books.

Just stay in your fucking lane and do what you're best at Marvel. Oh, but you can't even do that now can you? I've read some of your recent titles and you can't show off super powers right on a comic. I have to go to Japan to find that kind of raw display of power and be excited:

64f61bba65fd7925c2b344c5707e6b8b.jpg

one-punch-mane28099s-yusuke-murata-brings-e28098back-to-the-futuree28099-to-manga.jpg

20171211011130.jpg

main-qimg-af27dd8b73d804596abd8b6fbe4d4fa8

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Actually the more I think about it 🤔
That's just wrong on so many levels, a 12 year old?

I mean if that's how you want to read it you can, but that's not what was in what you quoted. It actually called out the mom for only going half-way into the agenda which will impact her child which she clearly doesn't care about.
I read it as another thread to get upset about something in woke culture. Even the first couple replies and more say nothing about the child you seemingly care more about but that all of us will likely forget about the next week if not sooner. If you feel so strongly about it then reflect your opinion in the thread title.

Encouraging the delusions of some kids out there seems pretty irresponsible to me. You cant be what you're not - no matter how elaborate your disguise or how loud you scream.
In this day and age, I expect it from Disney though.

Shantae

Banned
These people who force this transgender agenda onto their kids also seem to completely ignore the stories of people who went through the surgeries and years later, end up regretting their decision.. I am all for doing what you want to do, but stop forcing this fucking shit onto other people. You want to start dressing like the other sex, be my guest, more power to you, you want to mutilate your genitalia, be an adult who can regret that decision, but forcing that mindset onto other people like they HAVE TO accept it, because no one has to do shit for you in this world. Forcing it onto onto a child who can't make their decisions with realizing the irreversible ramifications of such an act is nothing short of child abuse.

There was a video I saw on youtube a while back where multiple people who were post op talk about their experience of doing such a thing, and then regretting it years later. This side of the story is never fucking talked about among these people.

GreyHorace

Should be a mandatory link in any trans children thread:

I think there was a rumor that Peter Jackson (yes, the LOTR guy) was going to make a film about this guy's story. I guess nothing came of it because no movie has come out yet. And with today's climate no one's going to make such a film lest they feel the wrath of the woke crowd.

Shantae

Banned
Holy shit, I was afraid to watch that video because of what I might see, and I was right. That kid totally looks brainwashed, and uncertain what the hell they're doing. They're enjoying the attention now, but they are not thinking about what this will mean for their life later down the line. Fucking disgusting.

Top Bottom