• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel: Rivals Officialy Announced

Roxkis_ii

Wow, they just stole overwatch whole art style and gameplay. Not seeing anything worth look forward to from that trailer.

Marvel characters have lost all the attraction of the comics.

team america vomit GIF

I don't play even Overwatch anymore, and I have the bare feet D.Va skin. What makes Marvel think I will play an Overwatch clone with their shitty characters?

Pop

As much as we all seem to not like it, the normies will love it. Just like at the like to dislike on the video

tenor.gif

Any strong interest from the first info that trickled out was dampened a bit by that. Still going to keep an eye on it since hero shooters can be fun. Just not sure if this will be it.

Looks like it's going to be a mess to balance this game out. I do love overwatch and Marvel though so I'll try it out. I thought the Gundam\Overwatch clone was pretty good also unfortunately it also failed.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Ill bite.
Free to play so I have nothing to lose cept some time.

I went into that trailer fully expecting to hate every second of it.
But it actually looked decently fun.....playing as Iron-man.

And then they also have Galacta in the game, sold.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes GEEEET IIIIINNNNN.

1. Watched the trailer.

2. "It looks like a mobile game. I have no idea what mobile gamers like so this may be a hit or it may be a dud.

3. It's PC only?

4. "This is a dud."

The only somewhat interesting aspect I could glean from it was the relatively slow traversal speed. Feels like it might be more positional based / tactical than the trailer suggests?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
If I don't hear complaining about gaas and mtx in this game compared to dragons dogma2, I am cancelling all of you.
This shit can't get a pass if you torture good games like dd2

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Utter waste of time, resources, money, energy, coffee, food, waking up, just for this dross

It's depressing just thinking about it.

I decree a new rule. If you're leaving your house or working from home to make bullshit like this then you cant. You just can't.

Enough is enough

BYu9kSZ.gif

It's wasteful.

Bond007

I have no marvel hate and it seems like a decent tried and true concept- but this looks bland and the art style sucks

Neon Xenon

There was a point where the concept of "Overwatch but Marvel" might have caught my interest, but I think it's about five years too late for me to care all that much.

I think I'm kind of just over "hero shooters", in general.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
If I don't hear complaining about gaas and mtx in this game compared to dragons dogma2, I am cancelling all of you.
Its a GaaS game.
I dont think theres any GaaS game GAF has given a pass to.
Its unlikely this is going to be any exception.

P.S All slander towards Dragons Dogma 2 is nonsense.

RSLAEV

I don't play these types of games but I think the visuals look fun. The dialogue lines are mostly cringe.

Puscifer

Big Difference with free to play stuff where you know there's a certain expectation of that vs a game launching with issues and intentionally making QoL items rarer in a single player game and then turning around and selling them. On the plus side, PC is pretty fucking based in that regard because we've already fixed that problem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom