• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

Negaduck

in marvel 3 his st.M is the cl.MK knee he has in every game
ddWaGAi.png

TPK8rsH.png

in the marvel 4 clip you can see him do st.LP, st.LK, st.HP st.HK which follows marvel 3's chain of LMH f+h except with the M being replaced by st.LK
weOYNQo.gif

Ah okay, is that from the extended video?

Damn, those could be command normals.

I'm just gonna stop thinking about the button configuration.

As a question, since iron man got some improved/replaced normals, what characters had a bad normal that could be replaced?

Trace

Banned
Ah okay, is that from the extended video?

Damn, those could be command normals.

I'm just gonna stop thinking about the button configuration.

As a question, since iron man got some improved/replaced normals, what characters had a bad normal that could be replaced?

Hulk has some dogshit normals but standing H and forward standing M mostly make up for it. He's good enough as it is though so who knows if they want to change him.

Seyavesh

Te0wstf.gif

here's captain marvel's lmh f+h string

upon looking at it closer it's not nova's f+h because his kicks from the other side iirc

that st.m looks like it's gonna do some serious fucking damage

TreIII

Yes, but it won't be a mechanic that needs said button, just like how the default MVC3 config had assists and a X factor button but you could just press the corresponding combinations.

They're not gonna sacrifice an entire strength of normals and specials for a tag button.

I think it could work out just fine, if they follow TvC's button scheme. Or as Scrub Mcgrubb already put it:

3 attack buttons and a tag/assist button is basically the Tatsunoko vs Capcom layout- a game built with Wii controllers in mind.

Who gives an actual fuck if it's boring to watch? What matters is if it's fun for other people like me to play with. That you even used the word "cheesiest" just says it all about you.

clearly i care if its fun to watch or not otherwise i wouldn't have brought it up, don't get all riled up cause you rely on spamming the same move nonstop to win.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Max' Gameplay Breakdown.

Max suggesting tags during combos might be restricted to a limited amount of time (blue glow, again?) or the tags themselves might have specific properties/moves attached to them. Based on what the devs have said about everything being "freeform.," it doesn't appear like there will be limits, or at least not before stuff like HSD kicks in.

Generally, I think it's pretty weird to infer what animation corresponds to what button just from videos. You really just can't tell if it's a kick, punch, or a light move, or a command-normal. Same goes with supers and how much meter they take, even if they reuse animations.

I agree with Dahbomb for what is most logical control-wise.

Anyways, really, really excited for the combo system with the stones as an added mechanic.

nded

clearly i care if its fun to watch or not otherwise i wouldn't have brought it up, don't get all riled up cause you rely on spamming the same move nonstop to win.

If you can't figure out how to get past someone doing the same thing repeatedly, then maybe you don't deserve to win.

According to Max the game is only 30% done.

I seriously doubt this game releases in 2017, unless they release another bare bones game like SFV.

I'm really nervous now.

Prototype

I seriously doubt this game releases in 2017, unless they release another bare bones game like SFV.

I'm really nervous now.
I think it means we're going to see a lot of the UMvC3 cast return. More so given what we've seen of Iron Man, Ryu, Cap, and Morrigan. I'd say to expect a lot of returning characters. I'm ok with this as the game can be expanded on later with DLC characters

Tirael

I'm really nervous now.
They've admitted they messed up with rushing SFV out, and they already say that the single player content is going to be robust. They'll delay it if they have to, but it'll be done right.

And personally, I don't care if they launch with a smaller roster, as long as the core game is solid and we get plenty of DLC characters. Because I'm going to buy this game and all DLC, since MvC is such a special beast.

Bronx-Man

Banned

I'm really nervous now.
Expect a lot of returning characters, lots of clone characters, not too much focus on graphical detail and animation stuff.

If you lose to someone spamming the same move on you nonstop that says far more about you then them.

It may actually say something about the game, if the move is actually broken (unlikely to happen in a modern, high profile game, though). Otherwise, calling "cheese" is simply scrub mentality, indeed, and you deserve to lose and be mocked.

Honesty I could see it getting delayed a few months.

I remember a lot of people lamented how UMVC3 wasn't released around the same time as The Avengers. Avengers Infinity War is coming out in May 2018, so I think it'd be a good opportunity to release this game around then, especially considering the game's subtitle is Infinite and is hugely revolved around the Infinity Stones.

sinkfla87

I still think they're going to hit the 2017 release date. ESPECIALLY if they're taking move sets and animations from MVC3 characters. Will ease the load of development considerably.

I wonder just exactly how much they are recycling from MvC. It's kind of a bummer if they don't really give new moves to characters like Iron Man who sorely need it :(.

EDIT: Interestingly enough, this is the same concern many like myself have over Injustice 2. Recycled assets to hell and back.

Tirael

I wonder just exactly how much they are recycling from MvC. It's kind of a bummer if they don't really give new moves to characters like Iron Man who sorely need it :(.

EDIT: Interestingly enough, this is the same concern many like myself have over Injustice 2. Recycled assets to hell and back.
No new moves? A standing wrist rocket? New launcher? At least one new straight repulsor beam? All that in a one minute video that certainly doesn't show all the moves of the character? Okay.

Uh, Iron Man does have new moves, look back at the gameplay trailer.

I'm more interested in the Marvel side of the roster, actually. I'd imagine the Capcom side will mostly consist of the cast from UMVC3 with some new additions like X, but with Marvel, we know that the X-Men and Fantastic Four gang most likely won't be on the base roster. Naturally this gives Capcom more leeway in developing a whole new slew of Marvel characters.

jett

D-Member

I'm really nervous now.

Let's hope 2017 just means a beta release.

I'm not paying a dime for another early access release.

sinkfla87

No new moves? A standing wrist rocket? New launcher? At least one new straight repulsor beam? All that in a one minute video that certainly doesn't show all the moves of the character? Okay.

Jeez, I wasn't bashing the game and I know as Max stated, they got about 70 percent more work to do. I was just referring to the fact he could definitely use some significant enhancements (which I didn't notice) to his design as I didn't overly care for his play style before. I did notice the new launcher but that's about it. Must go back again and look for the wrist rocket you mentioned.

sinkfla87

He gets the shitty Cr. H and you will like it

TAKE IT BACK! :(
I kind of prefer the MvC2 layout instead of LMHS... I hope we go back to that. Also for other Jin fans out there, I remember in an interview they stated that his move set was supposedly too difficult to translate to the LMHS scheme and that was one of the reasons he wasn't included.

cordy

Banned
They'll make November 2017 and it'll have all the single player content and good gameplay. The difference is most characters will have their UMvC3 move list with a few extras and adaptations. Marvel is about quality. If the game isn't ready they won't approve it going out.

Tirael

Jeez, I wasn't bashing the game and I know as Max stated, they got about 70 percent more work to do. I was just referring to the fact he could definitely use some significant enhancements (which I didn't notice) to his design as I didn't overly care for his play style before. I did notice the new launcher but that's about it. Must go back again and look for the wrist rocket you mentioned.
I'm sorry if I came off as harsh, I didn't mean to.

https://youtu.be/udJXP1qjfUM

At about the 33 second mark, X upgrades his armor and charges up a shot. It then cuts to him and Iron Man. Iron man fires a missle at him, and X shoots the charge shot that eats it.

I kind of prefer the MvC2 layout instead of LMHS... I hope we go back to that. Also for other Jin fans out there, I remember in an interview they stated that his move set was supposedly too difficult to translate to the LMHS scheme and that was one of the reasons he wasn't included.

Where was that said? I assumed Jin wasn't included because he was a low priority character from an obscure one-off game. He also doesn't have the same popularity Strider has.

Doesn't make a ton of sense, because he wouldn't actually be too hard to translate over, considering he already only has a horizontal and vertical charge move and a half circle command grab, and even if his inputs needed to change they did that for other characters. He'd lose normals like every other character, but as long as you made sHK and cHK into command normals or a dedicated qcf special he'd have lost nothing of any real importance.

It really just makes more sense to me that he's a character from a super niche game that Capcom didn't expect people to miss. Same with Captain Commando. Capcom probably just underestimated how much people would miss them if they were taken out... and I think most players are in that same boat, it definitely hurts me now worse than it did at the time.

If we're getting Captain America, Captain Marvel, and Captain Commando, can we go ahead and shoe in Nextwave's Captain ☠☠☠☠ so we can have a 2 on 2 Captain fight?

Top Bottom