• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 1+2 Remakes Will "Bring Them Upto Modern Standards" & Combine Both Games Together

Davevil

replacing Max with a fat black pink hair transgender woman
winner-rihanna-with-crown-wa2c6vcoo7uif14d.gif

Killjoy-NL

Only played Max Payne 1 at the time, amazing game.

But tbh, I think it'll be extremely meh in this day and age and it'll probably have to rely on nostalgia to wow people.

TastyPastry

i can't wait for these remakes, new york looks so atmospheric in alan wake 2 i can only imagine what max payne is going to look like. hopefully they will also nail the gunplay, it's going to be difficult to top max payne 3.
also once they are done they better start working on max payne 4 right after

BigLee74

Third one doesn't really need a remake, it still looks decent and play like a dream.
Not on the Xbox unfortunately.

Just bought it recently. Great fun, but hampered with a very low resolution and frame rate. And as we are all well aware, loaded with long and unskippable cut scenes!

A few tweaks to the config would do it!

Last edited:

fatmarco

I'd rather Sam Lake as Max Payne be an option rather than the canon face. He legitimately looks stupid in comparison to Max's face in 2 and 3. It's also a tad egotistical for him to do it at this point.

maxresdefault.jpg

This is Max Payne to me.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Then go play other games or new IP, this is a remake of a classic game and story. The story/tone is at least 50% of these games' pull.
The idea that you think my comment has an influence on the game is pretty ridiculous lol. I'll play this game because I'm really into Remedy again (specifically after playing Quantum Break). That game honestly is the closest thing Remedy has made to Max Payne because it's an action TPS, and it employs a lot of time slow down.

I think any remake should try and include new gameplay elements to keep things interesting rather than just regurgitate the exact same thing. There's lots of ways to incorporate abilities without it being a superhero story. Max Payne doesn't have any super hero time powers but still basically freezes time whenever he jumps. They can think of other gameplay oriented ways to enhance shooting.

DaGwaphics

Just don't screw them up. These will be ruined if they sanitize Max too much, don't fear the M17 guys, nobody cares about that.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Since he's playing Alex Casey in AW2, and Casey basically is Max Payne, it would make a lot of sense for him to play him again as well.

fatmarco

The idea that you think my comment has an influence on the game is pretty ridiculous lol. I'll play this game because I'm really into Remedy again (specifically after playing Quantum Break). That game honestly is the closest thing Remedy has made to Max Payne because it's an action TPS, and it employs a lot of time slow down.

I think any remake should try and include new gameplay elements to keep things interesting rather than just regurgitate the exact same thing. There's lots of ways to incorporate abilities without it being a superhero story. Max Payne doesn't have any super hero time powers but still basically freezes time whenever he jumps. They can think of other gameplay oriented ways to enhance shooting.
I don't mind new gameplay elements as long as it doesn't involve anything that breaks canon / the rules of the established universe.

I will say though, despite how many people liked 3 I really did not like what they did the gameplay. Max Payne 1 and 2 were more fluid feeling.

Top Bottom