• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's testing "upscale" high tech custom-burger order setup in SoCal & Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Northern Ireland we have this place here:

http://www.buildaburgerbelfast.com/

It is absolutely incredible. £5 for a burger with absolutely anything you want on it, plus chips. Add an extra £2 if you want more steak/brisket/pulled pork/chicken. My work is just around the corner so I'm there at least 2 or 3 times a week.

Who goes to a fast food joint to sit in and order. If I wanted a more premium experience I'd go somewhere else not eat in a Mcdonalds.

ShinNL

Who goes to a fast food joint to sit in and order. If I wanted a more premium experience I'd go somewhere else not eat in a Mcdonalds.
I picture you standing near the entrance looking at people entering and mumbling 'hmpf, peasants, I'm too good for this'.

Ideally in the future you download an app to your own phone, and order before entering the store, so you just wait for your number and eat.

Oh man, why is this not possible already?

Customize & order your meal on the go, pay for it, get an estimated cooking time, arrive 5-10 minutes later and pick it up.
Fucking amazing!

c4xEULG.jpg

That's a 6 or 7 dollar burger? No thanks.

C7xbZPY.jpg

This is the future of fast food.
No need for pesky people to take your order, and soon enough robots could even bring you your own burger.
Yes I love this. They have touch screen ordering at Sheetz's around here and its awesome. No confusion over the order and you don't feel like a dick for making customizations.

bjork

But it still says McDonald's on the door? No sale.

Why not just make an upscale brand and come in fresh?

Rootbeer

Banned
It's a step in the right direction, but the bigger problem with mcdonalds food is not the topping choices, but in the preperation. doesn't matter if I order a $1 mcdouble or a $5 quarter pounder, depending on who's working the kitchen (usually someone who doesn't give a shit), i'm going to be something not-very-great.

How many times have I ordered bacon on something and got bacon "bits" instead of an actual strip or strips as shown in the pics above??? They have the crumbliest bacon I have ever had.

If they want a premium product, they have to fix things across the entire spectrum.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
It's a step in the right direction, but the bigger problem with mcdonalds food is not the topping choices, but in the preperation. doesn't matter if I order a $1 mcdouble or a $5 quarter pounder, depending on who's working the kitchen (usually someone who doesn't give a shit), i'm going to be something not-very-great.

How many times have I ordered bacon on something and got bacon "bits" instead of an actual strip or strips as shown in the pics above??? They have the crumbliest bacon I have ever had.

If they want a premium product, they have to fix things across the entire spectrum.
I've been eating way too much McDonalds the last couple months due to my current commute situation and its ridiculously frustrating how much of a risk it can be ordering anything unusual. Buffalo sauce is not Chipole Barbecue Sauce, and yet they've mixed up that specific substitution like three times. And an entire sandwich's worth of Buffalo sauce is far too much Buffalo sauce

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
If they bring back the Big 'n Tasty patty, I'd give this a try.

The quarter pounder patty is disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom