• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds to test delivery service in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba T

Big Mac lovers in select cities can rejoice this January when McDonald’s begins testing delivery service.

The fast-food chain will offer the delivery option from nearly 200 restaurants in Orlando, Tampa and Miami starting in late January, according to McDonald’s spokeswoman Becca Hary.

Customers can order off the menu and have their food delivered to their door via the UberEATS app or website.
UberEATS now serves 50 cities around the world. Users type in their delivery address, enter a card for payment and browse restaurants and menus online.

Just like with Uber cars, consumers can also track the delivery’s progress. While there are a slew of options currently on UberEATS, McDonald’s is one of the few fast-food chains to hop on board.
Becca said McDonald's plans to get feedback from Florida customers to decide whether to expand delivery services in the future.

http://usat.ly/2hL9xMQ

Stiff me on the tip if old.

El_Chino

I used to have McDonald's delivered to me through a third party delivery service in Florida. Never got soggy fries.

zeemumu

I dunno. I always found McDonald's delivery method to be somewhat...unsettling

bYw2bS.gif

Mac Tonight creeps me out a little.

I hope they plan to fold in with GrubHub and Eat 24 and all the other service apps, instead of needing to download some separate app *just* for them.

Okay so they do drlivery where I live so I had to test it. The burgers were fine but the fries… well they were at least still warm. Not bad but it took an hour to get the food.

Bubba T

Okay so they do drlivery where I live so I had to test it. The burgers were fine but the fries… well they were at least still warm. Not bad but it took an hour to get the food.

It defeats the purpose of fast food if it takes that long, but it isn't terrible I guess.

sheaaaa

This is bizarre for me cause McDonalds has been delivering in Singapore for maybe 10 years now? No problem with the food.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I dunno. I always found McDonald's delivery method to be somewhat...unsettling

bYw2bS.gif

Mac Tonight creeps me out a little.
There is a 100% chance that the moon fucked the burger.

Man, America is going to be so fat. They don't even have to waddle to McDonald's anymore.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I used to have McDonald's delivered to me through a third party delivery service in Florida. Never got soggy fries.
We used to have the same thing over here, but for whatever reason, for McDonalds, it required using a credit card to make the order. I can only assume that's what stopped them from delivering McD's products after a while.

dumbyugi

They've been delivering here in Australia for a while now. I mean my local one is literally up the road from my house but I guess the option is nice.

I've shamelessly used an app called Jinn to do this in the UK and although it can sometimes get to me not very warm, it's still been great. Very good for hangovers or just shitty days when you're still in your PJs at 3pm and want something nasty to eat.

Fast food places including Mcdonalds already deliver using door dash in my area. The delivery fee is higher than the food's cost though.

Burger King does its own delivery so I'm not surprised McDonalds finally is trying to follow suit.

Meicyn

Gold Member
They deliver out here in Korea as well. In fact, McDonalds burgers are amazing overseas. They're pricier than the American counterpart and a lot better tasting. I had the "Golden Egg Burger" two days ago where it's a bacon cheeseburger with a fried egg added, and it was amazing. The bacon was excellent and full of flavor too, and not that thin-ass tissue paper bacon that McDonalds likes to use in the US.

Volimar

Mickey D's isn't really that great when cold, though hell if I wouldn't go for a quarter pounder and large fries right now.

Tevious

McDonald's delivers here in Seoul. I've ordered breakfast and ice cream from them before. Food often takes an hour to arrive, though, and they're only about a 5-10 min walk away.

I can buy 10 McDoubles at once so the delivery dude gives me the side eye of disgust instead of the girl at the counter.

What a time to be alive.

I can't speak for McDonalds fries from a delivery standpoint, but I had UberEats Deliver me PDQ Chicken sandwiches and some fries and damn those fries were pretty soggy. never had an issue with them dining in. Plus it doesn't help that UberEats wait times can get pretty long, especially around the lunch hour window.

McDelivery's one of the first things I was excited to do when I got to Japan earlier this year. Sogood.

I hope Canada gets it, preferably by the time I come back home next year

Ponn

Banned
I await the glorious McTip threads on GAF.

"Hello McDonalds, I need fifty 20 piece mcnuggets STAT!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom