• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald’s Will Soon Offer Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambis

Banned
I've been in countries where alot of fast food places deliver. Its usually alot worse than what you get at the restaurant and almost always cold.

daveo42

Banned
I wonder how this will all work in busier markets. The McDs down the street from me is packed 24hrs a day and takes 5-10mins regularly to get your order. Adding delivery will probably make those times inflate by another 10mins easy.

MD may be bad, but reheated Burger King has to be what birds feed to their young.

I think it's more a last resort for them, as I've had a reheated Whopper before. It's not pleasant. Reheated White Castle is better, and sliders pretty bad fresh.

highrider

Banned
There's a McDonald's near me that was always kind of terribly managed. I went there the other day and it was a night and day difference. Everything was to order and they brought it to the table. I hardly ever crave McDonald's but I'm a sucker for an immaculately clean place with great service.

MDonalds has to be eaten as soon as it's made.

It has to be the worst cold/re-heated food in the world.

Yup. When I want some McDonald's I just go for the whole glorious experience and eat in so the food is as "fresh" as possible. If I drive through it's not even good in <10 minutes when I get it home.

PeeQQYv.gif

what does this even mean

xsarien

daedsiluap
Some of them in NYC already do this, and I continually wonder just how lazy you need to be that you'd consider McDonald's *delivery* an option.

Like, if you're already committed to ordering out, at least step up the game a little and go for a better restaurant.

Hazmat

Fries of any kind need to be pretty damn fresh, I imagine the 3rd delivery on a delivery guy's run is going to get awful food.

ryan13ts

Good luck getting your food 5 hours after you order, since there's no way they'll have enough drivers to keep up with orders.

kevin1025

Banned
Good luck getting your food 5 hours after you order, since there's no way they'll have enough drivers to keep up with orders.

With the new (to my area) touch screen kiosks and ordering at the counter and drive-thru, it's already doubled the wait time in my area. Adding delivery will be nuts.

loudbill

I've never had anything delivered to me besides pizza. This seems pointless. If i'm eating mcdonalds, it's because I have no money. I don't want to have to pay a tip as well.

I'd hate to be a delivery person for this. Drive across town to deliver a $4 meal? Not exactly going to be raking in the tips there.

the fresh life of fast food is really short,
the delivery time would kill the burger and fries into dry city

McDonald's is notorious for being really dry even when fresh off the grill.

post 10 mintutes, 15 minutes it will be rendered tasteless

turtle553

Probably good for a single parent with a couple of kids that doesn't want to deal with the hassle of loading kids in a car to even get to the drive thru.

ElRenoRaven

Delivery might be cool but that's not their biggest problem. McDonald's tastes like trash other then the fries and McNuggets. That's their problem. Improve their product and maybe they're sales wouldn't continue declining.

This only works if they can ensure a VERY tight window between order completion and order delivery. We're talking at maximum, 15 minutes. Which means this is either limited to major metropolitan areas, or they get heavy into drone delivery. Which could be great, but still a few years out from practicality.

hydruxo

No thanks. McDonalds food isn't even warm when you get it at the drive thru or even in the restaurant half the time, it'll be ice cold by the time it gets delivered to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom