• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create 04-10 to 04-16

Rock_Man

dspsp5.PNG

lancubap

Magicpaint said:
I can't believe I just read this. :lol

1. Who cares what you care about? We care about the facts here. DS > PSP in both hardware and software (1st AND 3rd party).

2. 3rd Party sales on the DS is better, you're out of your mind here if you think otherwise. All 3rd party developers care about is what they sold through, so far, they have been more successful with the DS, even with cheaper development costs.

Another true affirmation. Facts speak loud and clear: Nintendo DS is a smashing success in Japan, both Software and Hardware, both First and Third Party Games; the same in Europe, but in a smaller dimension; and in USA is a great success, but not so incredible.

So, Worldwide, Nintendo DS is a success, with more then 17 millions consoles sold (4.5 millions USA, 5 millions Europe, 7.5 millions Japan, 0.5+ millions other regions) and Nintendo is still the leader of Handheld Market with a minimum market share (2006) in USA, with 68% for Nintendo and 32% for Sony (Hardware Field; Software ? No idea), and a maximum in Japan with ca. 80% for Nintendo and 20% for Sony (still Hardware, no idea for Software; perhaps "ioi" can say something more); the Europe is in the middle of this minimum and maximum (always in 2006).

These are facts, that's what Media Create, NPD, Gfk, Elspa and other officially sources say.

Do you think, Monorojo, that you know more then all these people together ?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Sorry to interrupt the exciting discussion, but does anybody have Lost Magic's numbers in Japan?

And has Square enix decided of Children of Mana is going to be localized to the US? Be funny if two sad failures (I'm assuming LM didn't do great) get brought across, but a 200k+ game stays in Japan. I just wish CoM was less of a departure from the series.

Mono,
You can't compare the 2 years of sales of the PSP to the overall success of other platforms that have gone through their entire life cycle.

And also, third party DS sales are higher in absolute value than the PSP third party sales.

Also comparing the third party sales/Fanbase ratios is retarded, since such an argument would state that the N-Gage was an incredibly successful machine.

Raw64life

It's amazing how many people still haven't figured out that Monorojo's opinions are not to be taken seriously.

cvxfreak said:
The DS and Lite are hanging on each week. What is the Lite total for April out of 700K?

295k. It'll probably be up to around 450k next week, which means they'll need to sell 250k during Golden Week to sell out their entire shipment.

Monorojo

Banned
Earthstrike said:
You can't compare the 2 years of sales of the PSP to the overall success of other platforms that have gone through their entire life cycle.

The point is that less than 2 years into its life, its already outperformed consoles and handhelds that have had a full lifespan this early in the game.

Earthstrike said:
And also, third party DS sales are higher in absolute value than the PSP third party sales.

The difference is so miniscule you have to consider it a tie. Say one console sells 186k in one month and the other sells 184k in the same month, that's a tie.

DSExpress

Banned
Monorojo said:
The point is that less than 2 years into its life, its already outperformed consoles and handhelds that have had a full lifespan this early in the game.

The difference is so miniscule you have to consider it a tie. Say one console sells 186k in one month and the other sells 184k in the same month, that's a tie.

u must be republican

Maridia

Monorojo said:

No, that's one system beating the other by 2,000 units. If the final score of a basketball game is 90-89, is that a tie?

Monorojo

Banned
its not a winner/loser situation like it is in sports, becuz pure volume isnt the only thing to take into consideration.

AniHawk

Monorojo said:
its not a winner/loser situation like it is in sports, becuz pure volume isnt the only thing to take into consideration.

Only pure profit. So DS wins on all accounts.

Again.

So lets add first party sales to that miniscule difference and TA-DAH!
DS is ahead by a huge margin and incredibly successful!

Monorojo

Banned
There is no way to tell, price point of products is different plus you cant take average of production cost on said platform to say this one game outsold this one game, its doesnt work that way. Not too mention Nintendo charges higher royalty fee's.

The only realistic way to look at it is look @ the position of each handheld and how 3rd party's should sell.. DS hardware selling like crazy, 3rd parties doing pathetic in contrast. PSP selling good, not great but not horrible, and 3rdparties selling just as well, if not better in some cases than DS.

Of course it is up to interpretation, but you really have to have a really skewed perception to think DS is doing better.

AniHawk

Monorojo said:
Of course it is up to interpretation, but you really have to have a really realistic perception to think DS is doing better.

Most people use the more proper term as done above.

snatches

The truth is that Monorojo is a genius. He is a viral marketer......for Nintendo.

No one rally's the Nfans to dismiss such ridiculous pompous sony loving bullshit as Monorojo.

Think about it.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Archie said:
Mother 3 will probably sell at least 500,000+ copies in its lifetime and no one knows if there is an english translation in the works or not. Meanwhile, Contact with its whopping 6000+ copies is coming to America this summer. :(

I have nothing against Contact, I just want Mother 3 dammit!

Yeah, i've all but given up on seeing another Mother game here in the US. Didn't Earthbound do really well? Square put out FF 1 and 2 here, Nintendo should follow suit with Eearthbound 1 and 2. You really bummed me out.

Hopefully Contact will do better in the US as a substitute for the Mother games.

Atlus should make that their marketting campaign! "Hey, did you like Earthbound for your SNES and wish there was one for your DS or GBA? Well tough you stupid fat American! That will never happen, you might as well buy Contact! It's quirky like Earthbound, and let's face it, it's your only real choice. so buy it."

GreenGlowingGoo said:
Atlus should make that their marketting campaign! "Hey, did you like Earthbound for your SNES and wish there was one for your DS or GBA? Well tough you stupid fat American! That will never happen, you might as well buy Contact! It's quirky like Earthbound, and let's face it, it's your only real choice. so buy it."
I've just imagined that as a TV ad... that would be so awesome.

lancubap

Monorojo said:
There is no way to tell, price point of products is different plus you cant take average of production cost on said platform to say this one game outsold this one game, its doesnt work that way. Not too mention Nintendo charges higher royalty fee's.

The only realistic way to look at it is look @ the position of each handheld and how 3rd party's should sell.. DS hardware selling like crazy, 3rd parties doing pathetic in contrast. PSP selling good, not great but not horrible, and 3rdparties selling just as well, if not better in some cases than DS.

Of course it is up to interpretation, but you really have to have a really skewed perception to think DS is doing better.

Please, ban him. This is a worse place since he came here again. The only thing you're doing is open a useless war and try to convince us that you're right and all others people are wrong.
This is not a constructive speech.

EDIT:

meltpotato said:
they should ban you. every fucking hardware thread you post "ban him please"

I say this only when it is necessary. I have already said that discuss is a right of all people, but not say always the same things,because this is not a discussion anymore: it is trolling. Monorojo should only accepts facts as we know, nothing less, nothing more.
But if he doesn't change, there's only a solution and YOU know what I'm talking about.

lancubap said:
Please, ban him.

they should ban you. every fucking hardware thread you post "ban him please"

i for one welcome back the PSP king.

i would like to contribute this to the third-party argument: please compare the chart positions LTD for Children of Mana and Valkrye Profile. Not the most accurate asssesment, but still of some value. The way i see it, PSP titles in Japan really dont have the momentum and user base to have legs. sad but true.

Darmstadtium

Bandwagoner
Monorojo said:

I think the best way to describe the psp's sales in japan is Solid, if not spectacular.

ghostlyjoe said:
Good point. :lol

For example, by comparing PS2 first-party sales to GC first-party sales, relative to each console's fanbase, you find that the GameCube is THE MOST POPULAR CONSOLE OF ALL TIME!!!!

Also, it should be noted that the PSP is kicking the DS's sorry ass when it comes to popularity among 4'7" Malaysian women, which is the demographic that most matters to pygmy developers. Something to chew on.

Thats not necessarily true. GT3 I think outsold any Nintendo GC game. I think Sonys first party outsold Nintendos first party (PS2 vs GC). I might be wrong though

Monorojo said:

Selling like 50-80k units such as Initial D, Super Robot Taisen, Katamari Damashii... for you is " a success" ?

Selling 9 times less than the same game on rival platform (Brain Training) for you is " a succes" ?

The highest PSP 3rd party game sold nearly the half of the highest DS 3rd party game for you is "a success" ?

Please, do a favour to yourself: stop posting here :lol

cvxfreak

*rips hair out*

MONO DID YOUR BAN TEACH YOU ANYTHING?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

So yeah, around 450K for the Lite in April?

Which of these inevitable events is more impressive:

a. DS outselling PS2

or

b. PSP outselling GC?

Top Bottom